Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Lol. He said in the post match presser with RL that when you lead one nil the other team has momentum. 

Incapable of saying 'that was a wrong idea'. 

Christ.

Yes Brendan, apart from all of the times teams have won games 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, 3-1, 4-1 etc etc etc.

The other team definitely has momentum when you invite it. Why are we so negative? He's basically admitting we default to negativity the moment we take a lead by speaking to momentum's inevitability. 

• Like 1

Two home games in a row we’ve been on the back foot for most of the 90 mins.

Where’s this high energy, fast paced playing style gone that Rodgers keeps banging on about? He talks a good game, but it’s not translating into performances, injuries or not.

Plus the fact we’re soft as shit physically and far too easy to score against. No backbone whatsoever. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Literally getting bored of just seeing the same thing time and time again

Defending the same players time and time again

And seeing a team that just can’t seem to be able to keep hold of a football and have some sort of game plan when we go a goal up 

If people are content with this then you’re easily pleased 

1 hour ago, reynard said:

What would you rather he said in a public interview. yes the players were crap we were sh*t and there was no effort?

What is said in the dressing room maybe something different and frankly whatever is said there should remain there.

We have players injured and on top of that badly out of form. Some of the recruitment looks to be not as good in the summer as was hoped for and we probably have an unsettled player who is required to play almost every game as we have no effective cover.

Frankly there is a big summer ahead and some tough decisions to make many of which probably won't be very popular on here.

Sorry Brendan.

Whatever you are saying in the dressing room isn't working though.

Enjoy the break.

Edited by adejo92

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

And seeing a team that just can’t seem to be able to keep hold of a football and have some sort of game plan when we go a goal up 

No one is content with this side, the only people that don’t hate how bad we are at the moment are those that use the line ‘yeah but we used to be worse!’ 

its crap and you can tell by the attendances alone that people are getting fed up with it 

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Having so many players out does not excuse that shambolic 2nd half performance.

We need a clear out and start again. Think a number of players need to move on for a new challenge. 

This season can not be over soon enough for me. 1 point from a possible 6 after leading both games this week into the final minutes speaks volumes. 

....just listening to JJ's interview, it sounds like he knows more than Rodgers and what this team is capable of!!!

Brighton bringing on Welbeck caused Rodgers to change our shape and nullify anything going forward, just to accommodate a substitute coming on. You make these changes if Messi, Ronaldo and Lewandoski are brought on at the same time, you do not resort to stopping one player (Welbeck) by disrupting your whole team.

You can tell that JJ did not agree with the decision, it may not have been the appropriate thing to say to the media but if he is troubled by the manager making knee jerk decisions which are totally against what the team wants, it is a big worry. For a player to voice the concerns of the supporters, contrary to his managers actions, is refreshing, but sure to get him in trouble.

I think JJ is cut from a cloth where he embodies success, I can see him becoming a leader and hopefully someone who can say no to the manager if he feels it goes against the potential success of the team.

• Like 1

This board at times. We weren't under the cosh because of the subs, we were already under the cosh because we couldn't hold the ball in midfield. The change in formation made no difference to the game whatsoever. Which might be the problem, but let's not have some invented game where we were on top for more than 15 minutes in the first half. 

• Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

I don't think anyone is content with this Col but sadly whats the alternative?

Surely Rodgers has done enough to deserve to get his full squad back before we axe him

Would axing Rodgers fix the problems anyway or would we realise that it was as much the personnel as the management?

I think most of us have written the league season off this year which at least takes away the stress. We ain't getting top 6 now so should focus on the cups

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....just listening to JJ's interview, it sounds like he knows more than Rodgers and what this team is capable of!!!

Brighton bringing on Welbeck caused Rodgers to change our shape and nullify anything going forward, just to accommodate a substitute coming on. You make these changes if Messi, Ronaldo and Lewandoski are brought on at the same time, you do not resort to stopping one player (Welbeck) by disrupting your whole team.

You can tell that JJ did not agree with the decision, it may not have been the appropriate thing to say to the media but if he is troubled by the manager making knee jerk decisions which are totally against what the team wants, it is a big worry. For a player to voice the concerns of the supporters, contrary to his managers actions, is refreshing, but sure to get him in trouble.

I think JJ is cut from a cloth where he embodies success, I can see him becoming a leader and hopefully someone who can say no to the manager if he feels it goes against the potential success of the team.

I think he should bring on another midfielder if anything to sit in front of the back four instead of changing the whole team shape.. I'm no expert though.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

All very nice, but it’s little more than projection.

Rodgers interview may as well have been a cut and paste job from the many, many interviews he's had in the past.  

He bangs on about looking after the ball better when we are under pressure and yet he does not address the fact that his decisions have invited the pressure on in the first place.  He has one way of playing and chooses not to play to the players strengths time and time again.  

If we're not up for the game in two weeks time at Forest, and we need an almighty kick up the backside to get us up to those levels imo, this place will go bananas.  It will be an almighty scrap and I just don't see us being on the right side of it come two weeks time the way he sets us up once we are in control of a game.  That's if we control the game.  Can see us getting rattled big time in two weeks.

Not great but no need to boo players. Moronic. If you were booed in your job would you feel better or worse? If you were given encouragement to do better next time would you feel supported and would want to a better job because you're encouraged to do better.

Negativity towards anyone with whatever issues they may have, never works. 

Quote: The broader meaning is that in life, you will have more success if you go about things with sweetness than with acidity

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

To be honest the man to man is not great at corners.I sit in the Kop and we have had Allbrighton marking Ruddiger and Thomas marking Kane from corners!

We've not played Chelsea since switching man marking... Last time we played them we were very much zonal and it was Castagne that Rudiger was targeting. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Not great but no need to boo players. Moronic. If you were booed in your job would you feel better or worse? If you were given encouragement to do better next time would you feel supported and would want to a better job because you're encouraged to do better.

Negativity towards anyone with whatever issues they may have, never works. 

Quote: The broader meaning is that in life, you will have more success if you go about things with sweetness than with acidity

I hate it - the players need support. They crapped their way through the last ten mins after what happened on Wednesday and were desperate for the final whistle- and when it came they were treated to a chorus of boos from some ‘supporters’ 

• Like 3

Rodgers lost us two points by shitting the bed (again) and closing up shop far too early and inviting pressure. 

To do this against a top side would still have been foolhardy, but at least you could forgive it on the grounds of pragmatism. 

To do it at home against mid-table fodder displays a worrying lack of ambition and lack of faith in the side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I hate it - the players need support. They crapped their way through the last ten mins after what happened on Wednesday and were desperate for the final whistle- and when it came they were treated to a chorus of boos from some ‘supporters’ 

Absolutely.

Can you imagine how they felt after the Spurs game?

Then to get booed off today... morale destroying. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daz93 said:

I understand why Rodgers went to the back 5 but it was simply the wrong decision. Thomas just cannot play wingback and he got battered by Lamptey. Would've been better to keep the back 4 and put Albrighton down the left to help Thomas out. 

....Rodgers has seen enough of Thomas to know he cannot or is not adept at playing the Wingback role, Soyuncu is poor in a back three, why would you in one master stroke hang two of your own players out to dry!!!

Barnes coming off, and Albrighton coming on, you would have thought Lookman would be moved to the left hand side and Albrighton staying on the right, keep the shape, at least there will be an outlet. That did not happen and the end result was playing into Brighton's hands. If anything they (Brighton) maybe kicking themselves for failing to pick up all three points, because I am sure a lot of us thought as soon as we switched, that they would.

Bringing on a big man to negate an aerial threat is Rodgers answer to that problem, he did it in his very first game for us and 3 years later it is still his goto move. That just shows that he does not learn, he is limited tactically and without additional input he will never overcome the problems (like Europe) that he continually fails to understand.

• Like 1

You have to ask if we are over training. The team seem knackered, devoid of spark or fight. Just because we’ve got a new training centre it doesn’t mean you have to use all of the equipment every day. 

We also shit ourselves continually by going negative with a defence leakier than a pair of crocs whenever we get a lead. This can only be a reflection of the managers own inner fragility. Well, that’s how I see it 🤣

Guest Kopfkino
8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Our support is basically just the same as Everton’s now - it used to be fun taking the piss out of them but now we are them and presumably will be until we get knocked down a few pegs again

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Embarrassing pal, they were so bad in the 1st half and then we've let a very ordinary team dominate us after we finally took the lead. Shocking. 

We are in trouble.

Just Wishing it,doesn't mean it was true..

Brighton also played some decent Football in the 1St half. There were times when the Teams exchange attacking driving moves, We got nearer in creating

end chances,.Maybe with better mental strengths and committment, we would have taken in a 2 goal lead...

Doesn't mean Brighton was poor...

Thats Why in game day I cant Take the melt downs and critic over the opposition ..

FT Match forum is quite pathetic/ embarrsing and neanderthal ,always with imature comments,always Rating the opposition as shit,crap,poor, insinuating Not worth playing on our hallowed ground..FT has no respect what so ever for other teams...

How can One Take any Analyse & critic seriously from this forum...

• Like 1