Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

Personally I still love watching us play. Just thought I’d put that out there. After a significant period of being sat watching it on a TV screen plus recently COVID isolation, being back in the ground with nuances still means somethings. 

When it clicks we super on the ball. Things like the second goal against spurs. Lovely goal of passing in the lead up. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Rodgers interview may as well have been a cut and paste job from the many, many interviews he's had in the past.  

He bangs on about looking after the ball better when we are under pressure and yet he does not address the fact that his decisions have invited the pressure on in the first place.  He has one way of playing and chooses not to play to the players strengths time and time again.  

If we're not up for the game in two weeks time at Forest, and we need an almighty kick up the backside to get us up to those levels imo, this place will go bananas.  It will be an almighty scrap and I just don't see us being on the right side of it come two weeks time the way he sets us up once we are in control of a game.  That's if we control the game.  Can see us getting rattled big time in two weeks.

To be fair the questions were crap.

Owen should say weve got fans ringing in livid... blaming you... what do you say?  

44 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

No one is content with this side, the only people that don’t hate how bad we are at the moment are those that use the line ‘yeah but we used to be worse!’ 

its crap and you can tell by the attendances alone that people are getting fed up with it 

Highest capacity used percentage in the league 

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

70% pass completion in the second half is a shocker, dropped right off from the first half where it was 85%. Got to keep the ball better than that. System can contribute to that, tiredness and not being 100% certainly do. But Tielemans, KDH, and Maddison had to do more for me, and Daka needed to offer more off the ball

...JJ put that down to mentality....there was no reason for them to be fatigued!!!

56 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Exactly.

As I said to @cityfanlee23, I’m watching Leicester out of habit, not because I’m excited to do so.

This is the best squad I’ve seen in my lifetime, but I can take into account a bit of realism here, I don’t expect us to get into Europe every season, it’s a bloody hard thing to do. For the manager to come out and say we’ve overachieved etc... for some fans to come out and say we shouldn’t be entitled, are they suddenly forgetting the ambition that our great owners had and still have for our club.

The whole development of Leicester City has been about competing for Europe, to suddenly fall backwards then class our good period as “Well we overachieved, we are now back where we should be” is a load of negative bullshit. At the end of the day, we can’t afford to fall behind the likes of West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves, Villa and Brighton who are on a clear path to improve and get into Europe themselves.

The Europa League campaign for instance was deflating, numerous performances this season have been deflating, halves of football like we saw today against Brighton are deflating.

I can take a 7th-10th place finish, but what I can’t take is boring performances on a regular basis, they are capable of putting in the effort against Liverpool, only to back it up by naive performances again against Spurs & Brighton.

A negative mindset has set in at our football club, which is now starting to stem to the fans.

Ran out of rep points

Great post 

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Thank you . Booing in the current circumstances is utterly unacceptable . I actually detest the people that express themselves in that way . We laugh at the same reaction from Everton fans who have far more reason to take issue with the direction their club is taking and on field performances - we are light years from their situation . It’s embarassing, and it must be demoralising for the younger players to leave the field after given their best and hear that 

sadly there isn’t an answer ……..some fans think they have paid their money and that means they can make their feelings known in that way  - hopefully the coach puts it into perspective for those younger players ….

I would say that the lack of a CDM has cost us again today - asking players who aren’t experienced in that position to play the role is asking for trouble - when we were supposed to go 3-5-2, YT and KDH seemed unsure about where they should be playing. Having hamza sat in front of the defence would have given those two some security and allowed them to get forward a bit to support those further up.  If Bouba was brought on to play that role then it was a mistake - he doesn’t seem to know how to. 

• Like 3

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....perhaps exactly what Rodgers needs, he doesn't need a yes man, you learn nothing that way!!!

This might just make him sit up and listen to his team, it will probably change his outlook for life.

He didn’t criticise the manager - he questioned the mentality of the players for sitting back too far and making a 3-5-2 into a 5-3-2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Literally getting bored of just seeing the same thing time and time again

Defending the same players time and time again

And seeing a team that just can’t seem to be able to keep hold of a football and have some sort of game plan when we go a goal up 

If people are content with this then you’re easily pleased 

....it is quite obvious that people are not pleased with what the are seeing!!!

The only way it will change is, if the manager changes his philosophy, or sacked. The remarks by JJ might just cause the change in how he manages games and it is great to have such a vocal player advocating for the team.

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....perhaps exactly what Rodgers needs, he doesn't need a yes man, you learn nothing that way!!!

This might just make him sit up and listen to his team, it will probably change his outlook for life.

What Rodgers can't deny, unlike Guardiola say , is that most of his squad are vastly more experienced as players than he is, or his deputy for that matter. There are things that happen in a top football match that you can't really rationalise unless you have actually experienced it. The opposition are ready to neutralise every tactic you try if they can and sometimes the players have to improvise and not follow the song sheet.

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is quite obvious that people are not pleased with what the are seeing!!!

The only way it will change is, if the manager changes his philosophy, or sacked. The remarks by JJ might just cause the change in how he manages games and it is great to have such a vocal player advocating for the team.

I don’t think it’s the injuries. I genuinely think it’s being used as an excuse now.

We simply had a team of good footballers out there today who, yet again!! mentally caved when being put under pressure.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why we do this. These players are multi-millionaires in some cases who can’t keep the bloody ball to see a game out.

I’ve never been so confused as a City fan of many many years, as I am when watching us playing for Rodgers. We have the best squad I think we’ve ever had yet we have this bloody soft underbelly thing that’s cost us two CL spots and is now costing us on a game by game basis

It’s bewildering. And it’s not due to Fofana or Wilf being out etc. We did the same thing when they played 

Answers on a postcard please…

🤷‍♂️

Couldn’t go to the game and couldn’t even watch it but by the sounds of it I’m sure that was a good thing lol 

What’s this I’m hearing about Rodgers parking the bus against Brighton? :blink:

Jesus! lol 

Edited by buzzer_b

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t think it’s the injuries. I genuinely think it’s being used as an excuse now.

We simply had a team of good footballers out there today who, yet again!! mentally caved when being put under pressure.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why we do this. These players are multi-millionaires in some cases who can’t keep the bloody ball to see a game out.

I’ve never been so confused as a City fan of many many years, as I am when watching us playing for Rodgers. We have the best squad I think we’ve ever had yet we have this bloody soft underbelly thing that’s cost us two CL spots and is now costing us on a game by game basis

It’s bewildering. And it’s not due to Fofana or Wilf being out etc. We did the same thing when they played 

🤷‍♂️

...the players have to go out on the pitch and follow his instructions!!!

If those instructions do not make sense then you are going to get players going through the motion. Just like today, having changed the formation, Rodgers effectively said stop doing the good things you were doing, we are not strong enough, we need to shut up shop. Well we did, we could not get hold of the ball and wave after wave of Brighton attacks had to be repelled.

If the team do not feel that this was the right thing to do, it is not going to give them any confidence in anything they do. There is a certain way this team wants to play, but Rodgers is pulling against it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

the team do not feel that this was the right thing to do, it is not going to give them any confidence in anything they do. There is a certain way this team wants to play, but Rodgers is pulling against it.

I 'm pretty sure that Ranieri said his team determined the tactics they would use and he let them get on with it. The next season he interfered and we know what happened. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

🤷‍♂️

Dear col,

Wish we weren't here. Rodgers teams always have a fragility and a lack of physicality.  We dont surround the ref like other teams... we seem so soft.   We are bullied out of games (ref Prague, villa in both the carebo semi legs... and even spurs on Wednesday).  I am struggling to identify why rodgers doesn't instill more fight... is he putting something in the tea?

When Daka scored we should have had the killer instinct to go and get another and then it is more acceptable to be more cautious. Lamptey came on and Brendan shat himself. 

I am sick to death of this team and his tactics. I said back in December after the Euro exit. He has until March to try and turn this mentality around or he should be gone by March. The half term report isn't really very good as we approach end of Jan. 

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Dear col,

Wish we weren't here. Rodgers teams always have a fragility and a lack of physicality.  We dont surround the ref like other teams... we seem so soft.   We are bullied out of games (ref Prague, villa in both the carebo semi legs... and even spurs on Wednesday).  I am struggling to identify why rodgers doesn't instill more fight... is he putting something in the tea?

....the team reflects the man!!!

• Like 1