Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

What a load of crap , the goal came about because we refuse to clear the ball when under pressure, cags could of pumped it down the line but instead gave it to Thomas who was under pressure he lost the ball and they scored. When are we ever going to learn just to knock it down the line . 
also YOURI was f****** terrible again today he played nearly everything backwards , he provided nothing going forward , think he needs a real kick up the arse . We had enough chances to win that game but we just panic when in good positions . 

There was nobody down the line.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Why we changed to a midfield diamond after we scored is beyond me. It allowed them to get  foothold in the game and Barnes was anonymous. To then change it ten minutes later to something more incoherent was stupid too. All strikes me as a manager that is massively overthinking it.

Yeah effectively gave Brighton’s most dangerous players the space of the flanks. Potter thinks right I can get Lamptey on now and not worry about him tracking Barnes. 

By which time Rodgers has completely played his hand, so when the equaliser goes in…there’s no possible attacking shape he can play. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah effectively gave Brighton’s most dangerous players the space of the flanks. Potter thinks right I can get Lamptey on now and not worry about him tracking Barnes. 

By which time Rodgers has completely played his hand, so when the equaliser goes in…there’s no possible attacking shape he can play. 

We changed shape after they made their subs 

I agree that we then made it way too easy for potter to abandon any defensive shape - he even brought March on because we had no attacking structure for him to worry about. They didn’t equalise and then decide to take the point. We were so devoid of any forward thinking that he was able to just go for the win with no concerns 

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We changed shape after they made their subs 

I agree that we then made it way too easy for potter to abandon any defensive shape - he even brought March on because we had no attacking structure for him to worry about. They didn’t equalise and then decide to take the point. We were so devoid of any forward thinking that he was able to just go for the win with no concerns 

When we scored, we went straight to a diamond (changing from the previous 4-3-3) with Barnes up front and Lookman the furthest midfielder or maybe given the quickest of the goal in the second half, that's how he set us up from kick off. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox