Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

Just been walked all over by Brighton....at home. Let it sink in just what we have become. Trying to park the bus and cling on in a game we were on control of because of negative, inept decisions from the manager. Absolutely terrible.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

With the midfield and attack we have I don't know why we don't go on the front foot and stay in it.

Depending on defending has been horrible to watch and experience and most importantly it doesn't work.

Exactly this. Play to our strengths 

That was appalling. Second half was just like a re watch of the Spurs game. Just different outcome. We score and decide to drop and ‘try’ to defend. Which we can’t do. I have a lot of questions and I doubt we will have any answers. Why stop attacking? We are so dangerous going forward but we score and stop. We then sit back and invite pressure and we collapse. Great to see JJ back. But there’s so hard questions that need asking and Top and the rest surely aren’t happy watching this. 

Brighton have only lost once away all season. It showed. With this line-up they're better than us except at scoring, thankfully.

Nobody wants to hear this but that's two goals scored by Justin not getting to headers. Lack of sharpness and bite in midfield to the point I was wanting Perez on, at least he can scrap.

Schmeichel saves us a point. He, Amartey and Soyuncu about the only ones to come out with credit.

We need a break and get some energy back.

And no the subs didn't cost us, we scarcely had the ball after 46 minutes. Thank goodness Daka can score.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couldn't get close to Brighton at times in that second half.

I think it says it all when Brighton bring on Lamptey and Welbeck and we bring on Albrighton and Soumare....only one side wanted to go for the win. 

I can never understand taking off attacking players when only winning by one goal and replacing them for defensive minded players. 

• Like 3

Rodgers needs to go. 

so negative and boring to watch. 
Were 1-0 up at home and he goes all defensive yet again and we look an completely different side that looks like headless chickens and hanging on for dear life. 

Don’t expect to win every game but at least not to sit back and try and defend for most of the match. Especially at home. 

• Like 1

It's a difficult one because,  you often think of Brighton as being an easy 3 points however this season they have shown that they deserve more respect than that.

It's always more frustrating when you throw away a lead, but this is nothing worse or nothing better than we have seen all season from us - just more points dropped in a pointless season.

Horrible second half game management, horrible atmosphere, horrible negative tactics at the end. I'm on the fence 🤺. Pl season is done, let's focus on the cups. Knowing Rodgers he'll probably rest our best players for matches against Norwich like he did with Stevie G. 

A hard earned point in the end. Well done Brighton for their display 2nd half. A sharper Lookman could had made us a threat on the counter but instead him and the rest of the them constantly gave the ball right back to them. We had a half each in the end, so fair result.

Another point towards 40 and a deep breath.