Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

15 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Not sure if I’m going off football or just in a current depressive state.

This team under Rodgers gives me no enjoyment anymore, I never feel motivated to watch us nowadays than I used to.

The constant naivety, negativity, watching this team struggle to keep hold of the ball, inviting pressure on ourselves. 

It’s a never ending cycle we can’t seem to stamp out, I apologise for the depressive post, but this is how I’ve felt for a while now.

With you on this. I've given up with LCFC for the moment, I still keep up with the news but I'm past caring about us atm. No effort, no passion, nobody gives a Sh*t. Why should I?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

So many self entitled supporters on this forum think we just win because we are Leicester and they are Brighton....doesn't wash....so many players in their team walk into our starting XI at present.....people really need to get a grip and remember we are in the midst of an injury crisis.....it hasn't gone away and its not going away any time soon.

This is fair enough, but first half we were on top. Barnes was poor so to sub him was right. But once we changed formation, we were awful and it let Brighton get back into it. We needed to carry on and get the 2nd. I've given BR the benefit of doubt in the past but this one is on him. 

Is it more so that BR has peaked as opposed to our squad?  I know we are missing players which will never help but not sure what to think any more.

Write off of a season though. Let's focus on safety and forget about it because clearly we aren't doing anything else. 

It is a shame that we even have to talk about safety at this point, that's how far we have fallen IMO.  We got liverpool, west ham and wolves next (plus other games and whatever else gets rescheduled ). I don't fancy us winning any of those right now.

We need to wake up and realize we are better than the table shows. 

3 minutes ago, Peterorange said:

Beause they have lost 1 game in the last 11, including draws at Anfield and Stamford Bridge. They are no mugs. Reality check, we are not the only 'smaller' team who has the right to do well.

I agree to a certain extent but today was a result of our own doing than Brighton.  We stopped working hard and the formation change is why we didn't win the game. 

Edited by hejammy

4 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

You ok letting Brighton overtake us then? Wow we really have 'Peaked' as Brenden would put it. 

I'm realistic. The midtable sides are always getting better (see West Ham, Brighton, perhaps Villa and Palace over the next few years). Wolves and Everton when they're on it should be in and around us too. Yes it should be our ambition to head those sort of sides but we have no right to expect to finish top of that pile and be in uproar when it appears we won't be doing so. Especially this season with our injury crisis. 

In direct response to your question, as far as I'm aware the season didn't finish today. If we finish with 50ish points and they still finish ahead of us then kudos to them. 

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

This is fair enough, but first half we were on top. Barnes was poor so to sub him was right. But once we changed formation, we were awful and it let Brighton get back into it. We needed to carry on and get the 2nd. I've given BR the benefit of doubt in the past but this one is on him. 

Brighton were getting back into it before the formation change

11 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

So many self entitled supporters on this forum think we just win because we are Leicester and they are Brighton....doesn't wash....so many players in their team walk into our starting XI at present.....people really need to get a grip and remember we are in the midst of an injury crisis.....it hasn't gone away and its not going away any time soon.

Leicester: are really crap for almost a year now

Supporters who see that we’re crap: ‘god, we’re crap at the moment aren’t we?’ 

Brendan fanboys: god how entitled are some people !!!!!!!!

rinse and repeat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peterorange said:

Beause they have lost 1 game in the last 11, including draws at Anfield and Stamford Bridge. They are no mugs. Reality check, we are not the only 'smaller' team who has the right to do well.

Brighton are a good team, but very few of their players would walk into our squad. Of their team today I would say Trossard would maybe get in and Lamptey. The difference is they have a manager who is getting the absolute most out of each individual and as a unit. Whereas we are getting the absolute worst out of our own bar a few sporadic performances by individuals, then it's back to shite the following week. 

We should be comfortably beating Brighton even with injuries. An on form Leicester hammers on form Brighton. Problem is we haven't had any form since the middle of last season.

• Like 1