Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

I'm realistic. The midtable sides are always getting better (see West Ham, Brighton, perhaps Villa and Palace over the next few years). Wolves and Everton when they're on it should be in and around us too. Yes it should be our ambition to head those sort of sides but we have no right to expect to finish top of that pile and be in uproar when it appears we won't be doing so. Especially this season with our injury crisis. 

In direct response to your question, as far as I'm aware the season didn't finish today. If we finish with 50ish points and they still finish ahead of us then kudos to them. 

Have to say that looks quite a big ask.

We're in a bit of a mess right now. But for those wanting Rodgers gone I'm not sure who would get that would be  any great deal better.

I saw Brighton at Chelsea and they were really rather good that day. They are no mugs and after the shambles against Spurs this does at least fell a little bit better. God knows what this place would be like if we had lost again.

21 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Not sure if I’m going off football or just in a current depressive state.

This team under Rodgers gives me no enjoyment anymore, I never feel motivated to watch us nowadays than I used to.

The constant naivety, negativity, watching this team struggle to keep hold of the ball, inviting pressure on ourselves. 

It’s a never ending cycle we can’t seem to stamp out, I apologise for the depressive post, but this is how I’ve felt for a while now.

I’m exactly the same mate, I try to have perspective and not let it get to me but just can’t seem to enjoy it anymore, my enthusiasm has literally been drained away watching the same crap for a long time now 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We should be comfortably beating Brighton even with injuries. An on form Leicester hammers on form Brighton. Problem is we haven't had any form since the middle of last season.

So why should we be beating them comfortably if we've had no form over a year? 

With the bench we named, it was always going to go this way today. Rodgers has shown that when he has the option of trying to close out a game by sacrificing attackers, he will do. 

With our bench today, there was no real like for like replacement for Daka. There was also no real replacement for Barnes / Lookman (without sacrificing pace on the counter). As soon as we started making subs, our shape was always going to get more defensive and we’d have less threat going forward. 

The worrying thing for me is that regardless of subs, there seems to be a mentality that when we go 1-0 up we sit back and stop going for the jugular. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

With you on this. I've given up with LCFC for the moment, I still keep up with the news but I'm past caring about us atm. No effort, no passion, nobody gives a Sh*t. Why should I?

It’s reached the point where I’m starting to prefer watching other sports.

For a while now, I don’t feel like I’m watching Leicester because I’m motivated, I’m watching Leicester out of habit because I love the club.

Matches like Liverpool have been great, but when the majority of the time watching this team consists of naivety and negativity, it quickly becomes boring and depressing.

We’ve had some great times recently, but I’m not one of these so called entitled fans who think challenging for top four is a must, I can take a bang average season, but what I want to see is a team that tries and produces effort. 

So many times this season we haven’t seen that, too many times we’ve seen half’s of football like the second half today against Brighton, where I’m just sitting there and thinking “What’s the point”. 

I haven’t felt like that since the back end of Puel’s tenure. 

• Like 3

Think again it’s our season in a microcosm. Good attacking play, but ultimately based upon a shakey defence and a manager that’s lost his confidence. 

Haven’t people been paying attention to Brighton? They aren’t relegation fodder this season and Lamptey is a tidy sub to bring on. I think there’s a general fear at the club on the whole because of a variety of reasons that just simply doesn’t boil down to a manager. 

For a successful team a lot has to go right and for it to fall apart an equal amount can go wrong. Just look at our title winning season. The entire world points at rainieri when we know it’s down to many factors. The same applies for Rodgers. 

Rodgers has made some very odd subs, but then equally who else does he currently have to bring on in those positions? It’s hardly like we’re blessed on the bench at the minute. Equally those players are of enough quality and  should still be able to contribute something in the 2nd half. Should he not also be praised for how he set the team up in the first half and the players equally criticised for not taking their chances?

Contrary to popular belief we can certainly still play well in games and evidently have a cutting edge. We just need that solidity at the back. Hopefully if we can get a couple more defenders back we can get that consistency we all crave. 

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Have to say that looks quite a big ask.

We're in a bit of a mess right now. But for those wanting Rodgers gone I'm not sure who would get that would be  any great deal better.

I saw Brighton at Chelsea and they were really rather good that day. They are no mugs and after the shambles against Spurs this does at least fell a little bit better. God knows what this place would be like if we had lost again.

I know football isn't this simple but we're halfway through the season with 26(?) points. Our form lately is sketchy but it has been all season, it's not like the majority of our points have came in a hot streak of 5/6 wins on the bounce. In a way that would make the situation we're in now more concerning 

Having so many players out does not excuse that shambolic 2nd half performance.

We need a clear out and start again. Think a number of players need to move on for a new challenge. 

This season can not be over soon enough for me. 1 point from a possible 6 after leading both games this week into the final minutes speaks volumes. 

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

1 minute ago, sishades said:

BR says it was a fair result. What planet is he on? BHA should have walked that game given the opportunites they had. We were very very very fortunate to get a point.

Not sure about this. The first half we were the better team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LestaAl said:

Brendan post match interview- still failing to take responsibility 😏

To be honest he sounded like a defeated man. It was very nonchalant and didn't seem to be that bothered that we drew. I think he's resigned to the fact that this season is a bit of a write off. 

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

It’s reached the point where I’m starting to prefer watching other sports.

For a while now, I don’t feel like I’m watching Leicester because I’m motivated, I’m watching Leicester out of habit because I love the club.

Matches like Liverpool have been great, but when the majority of the time watching this team consists of naivety and negativity, it quickly becomes boring and depressing.

We’ve had some great times recently, but I’m not one of these so called entitled fans who think challenging for top four is a must, I can take a bang average season, but what I want to see is a team that tries and produces effort. 

So many times this season we haven’t seen that, too many times we’ve seen half’s of football like the second half today against Brighton, where I’m just sitting there and thinking “What’s the point”. 

I haven’t felt like that since the back end of Puel’s tenure. 

Yep, 100% this. I've always been an F1 fan personally, but since we've been on a downward spiral, i've been spending far more time watching/reading about that.
The sad thing is, 10 years ago we would have absolutely taken mid table prem, would have snapped someone's hand off for it. So to see us go from the lows of League 1/Mid table championship, to premier league winners, then to see this current spineless, effortless mess, it's just a kick in the teeth really. I don't mind us finishing mid table, what I do mind is us finishing mid table playing pretty awful football, watching players who seemingly don't really care. Brighton pressed us the entire game, where has that effort gone? 
That was the same for me regarding Puel, I actually backed Puel for too long in the end, but the difference was during Puels tenure, the football at times was awful but you could see us actually moving in the right direction in terms of our recruitment, shifting from an old squad to a young and vibrant one and transitioning from our old style of football to a more possession/passing based style, it felt like it wasn't really working, but we had an idea, a direction, an ethos. Right now I can't honestly see what BR is trying to achieve...

We didn't create anything going forward after we scored. 

Lookman should have been hooked not Barnes. 

Cags constantly putting Thomas under pressure by faking a long pass before fizzing it into him expecting him to Cruyff turn away from 2 attackers. 

Just basic stuff. 

Just now, adejo92 said:

Post match interview BR says he's happy with the players reaction.

I am increasingly convinced that he's that deluded he's happy with thus season in which case nothings going to change.

I think he was referring to the reaction after the Spurs game. The first half was a good reaction from the Spurs game. Second half after his change the players lost confidence. 

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

That's why I used the word "should" 
We should NOT be on this horrible form, we should be showing effort, we should be beating them but we are not. 

Like we should have lost the FA Cup Final and against Liverpool on 28th December?