Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

14 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I'm realistic. The midtable sides are always getting better (see West Ham, Brighton, perhaps Villa and Palace over the next few years). Wolves and Everton when they're on it should be in and around us too. Yes it should be our ambition to head those sort of sides but we have no right to expect to finish top of that pile and be in uproar when it appears we won't be doing so. Especially this season with our injury crisis. 

In direct response to your question, as far as I'm aware the season didn't finish today. If we finish with 50ish points and they still finish ahead of us then kudos to them. 

I am realistic. Just because people have some form of ambtiion in life doesnt mean they cannot act with a sense of realism. You can be both.

And I do not deny Brighton are a good team, and the premier league is extremely competitive nowadays. My issue comes from silly comments in the media from Brendan, which shows a lack of ambition... yet 12 months ago he was saying we want to win trophies and went for it in the FA Cup.

So what is it...? Are we all smiles and I am awesome give me £4million contract a year Brendan?

Or we need to be realistic and accept we are mid table team and I will defend a 1-0 lead at home every week no matter who we are playing Brendan?

If he came through the door and said that, and our owners said that, then today wouldn't be that bad... but that wasnt the message when he left Celtic and it has never been the message from the owners. 

• Like 2

I understand why Rodgers went to the back 5 but it was simply the wrong decision. Thomas just cannot play wingback and he got battered by Lamptey. Would've been better to keep the back 4 and put Albrighton down the left to help Thomas out. 

Can only echo what's been said, no sooner we score we retreat back giving the impetus to the opposition. A clever game would be to look to hurt them on the break when they're pushing at us hard, instead we just sit back trying to soak. Never any outlet. Subs said it all. Should have been a forward player coming on trying to regain initiative, or offer some pace, but nope negative subs trying to sure us up but having the opposite effect. In the end we should have lost that one. The game was gone once Barnes went. Didn't have the energy or drive thereafter. That's the management. Team more than good enough as was the performance up to us scoring. Then we went ultra negative.

12 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

It's all to common once scoring. Sit in. Ask for trouble. Often find it.

This is exactly why so many are getting annoyed, we simply surrender the flow of the match, today is another great example, it was done far too early, as is normally the case.

• Like 1

Just now, Daz93 said:

I understand why Rodgers went to the back 5 but it was simply the wrong decision. Thomas just cannot play wingback and he got battered by Lamptey. Would've been better to keep the back 4 and put Albrighton down the left to help Thomas out. 

Totally agree. Thomas is a good LB but he hasn’t got the pace or attacking capability currently.

44 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

Dog shit again? Glad I didn’t watch.

Sorry for the interruption of the thread. I think this every time I see you post, and I don't know why I've chosen today to ask. But can you please at least consider changing your user name, for obvious reasons? 

As you were 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Like we should have lost the FA Cup Final and against Liverpool on 28th December?

I don't understand your point? There's a world of difference between individual 90 minute matches in which anything can happen, and many 90 minute matches stretching back 25-30 games going back to last season. 

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Most other places have it the other way round

I think the big disparity will be how our goal was calculated, I think Barnes and Daka were both about 0.5. Some will have discounted the Barnes effort.

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Sorry for the interruption of the thread. I think this every time I see you post, and I don't know why I've chosen today to ask. But can you please at least consider changing your user name, for obvious reasons? 

As you were 

I dont get it! What is crashtoasted?

Just now, tickler28 said:

I've just looked at Brightons results recently and West Ham, Liverpool,  Arsenal and Chelsea (twice) have all drawn to them....people on here thinking they're just some rubbish team we should be thumping need to take a reality check

Its not about thinking we should be thumping them, its about the manager and his decisions time and time again

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I don't understand your point? There's a world of difference between individual 90 minute matches in which anything can happen, and many 90 minute matches stretching back 25-30 games going back to last season. 

You said we should be beating Brighton....yes you mentioned form but you also specifically said we should beat Brighton even with our injury issues.

You do realise Liverpool, Chelsea (twice), Arsenal and West Ham (all clubs bigger than us and in better form) all drew with Brighton recently don't you?

1 minute ago, sishades said:

I dont get it! What is crashtoasted?

Assuming a picture of Vichai and that username with regards to the helicopter crash? I'd never have put 2 and 2 together though unless you think about it, sure it isn't meant in that way.

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

I've just looked at Brightons results recently and West Ham, Liverpool,  Arsenal and Chelsea (twice) have all drawn to them....people on here thinking they're just some rubbish team we should be thumping need to take a reality check

I don't think many people think we should be thumping them, but they certainly shouldn't be outplaying us like they did today, nor should teams like Spurs, Villa, Leeds, etc. We're being outplayed most weeks and it doesn't look like changing, even when we win we're backs against the wall and scoring from our few shots on target.

Guest Kopfkino

70% pass completion in the second half is a shocker, dropped right off from the first half where it was 85%. Got to keep the ball better than that. System can contribute to that, tiredness and not being 100% certainly do. But Tielemans, KDH, and Maddison had to do more for me, and Daka needed to offer more off the ball

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

No one thought we’d walk Brighton we know how good a team they are, well coached and very structured. I think you will find people have issue, and rightly so with Brandons decision-making. Up until we switch to the five we were dominant and that is backed up by the stats. Many people here acknowledged that it would be a tough game. No one I don’t think thought we would thank Brighton. But again people are right to be frustrated, confused and right to question the decision making. Even my fiancée said we’d concede as soon as we went to 5. He needs to come out and admit his **** up, he’ll gain some credit.