Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Leicester 1-1 Brighton - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

You said we should be beating Brighton....yes you mentioned form but you also specifically said we should beat Brighton even with our injury issues.

You do realise Liverpool, Chelsea (twice), Arsenal and West Ham (all clubs bigger than us and in better form) all drew with Brighton recently don't you?

Yes, and they should have beaten them also. The reason they did not is that Brighton have created a squad of generally average individuals but their manager gets 110% out of them. Which is the opposite of where we are. 
Again, not sure what your point is, Where are Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and West ham in the table compared to us? They would all consider their result vs Brighton as being unsatisfactory, yet they have consistently ground out results all season, where we have not. Just because Chelsea get a poor result against Brighton, does not make it good enough for us to also get a poor result. 

• Like 1

That latest collapse was totally down to Rodgers. We are in a winning position and instead of staying on the front foot he surrenders the initiative by trying to defend a slender lead. He reverts to his old tried and tested 3 - 5 - 2 (yes I saw his fingers too). As a result he is now playing Justin out of position and he has taken away a potent attacking threat down the right that was causing mayhem in the first half. He effectively invites Brighton on to a team that is fragile mentally and they took full advantage. Did anyone seriously think that once he made these tactical changes we'd actually hang on to the win? But for Kasper's heroics it would have been a 3 - 1 defeat. Why change the shape? He could have taken off Barnes, switched Lookman to the left and brought on Perez. This would have improved our defensive capabilities to counter the introduction of Lamptey while maintaining our attacking threat. But this is Rodgers' mo I'm afraid. He has created a team with a weak mentality that doesn't expect to win but tries not to lose,. and his tactical decisions repeatedly compound the problem. Rodgers will not change so if we are serious about reversing our downwards slide we all know what needs to be done. I hope our owners see it too, but they do not have to panic. Our league position is safe given that there are 7 or 8 teams that are weak enough to finish below us even if we maintain our mediocre current form for the rest of the season. Our route back to the Europa League sees us as joint favourites with Roma to do so via the Conference or whatever it's called. Even Rodgers is capable of shit housing his way to winning that if he can negotiate Randers et al. Injuries haven't helped our cause this season but cannot be used as an excuse to disguise Rodgers' failings that are being so regularly exposed. A change of coach at the end of the season will be required if we are to push on and truly make the most of our talented squad!   

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

So many self entitled supporters on this forum think we just win because we are Leicester and they are Brighton....doesn't wash....so many players in their team walk into our starting XI at present.....people really need to get a grip and remember we are in the midst of an injury crisis.....it hasn't gone away and its not going away any time soon.

Really? I’m genuinely interested …. Like who?? 

3 minutes ago, Daz93 said:

JJ calling out the tactics on the radio, saying he'd rather continue playing our game than switch to defending with 5 ATB. Pretty damning.

All well and good saying that if he can defend the back post better. Two games, twice he’s been absolutely blind to an attacker behind him. Two goals from it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

No one thought we’d walk Brighton we know how good a team they are, well coached and very structured. I think you will find people have issue, and rightly so with Brandons decision-making. Up until we switch to the five we were dominant and that is backed up by the stats. Many people here acknowledged that it would be a tough game. No one I don’t think thought we would thank Brighton. But again people are right to be frustrated, confused and right to question the decision making. Even my fiancée said we’d concede as soon as we went to 5. He needs to come out and admit his **** up, he’ll gain some credit. 

See I'm not entirely certain its as black and white as that....they'd just thrown on more attackers and Lamptey was running riot down the right....I can see why Rodgers made tge change.

I'm in the school of thinking that had Rodgers not changed it we could easily have lost that match....issue for me was our ball retention in midfield and haphazard playing it out. I also think despite him being young Thomas was found wanting near the end and giving the ball away before the cross was unnecessary and quite frankly poor

Just read the previous comment as I've been compiling the little missive above for some time. I'm so angry. Justin sees it for God's sake. Also noticeable that Justin looked our most confident player. Not infected by Rodgers' negativity as yet, Well said lad. Was he speaking to Radio Leicester?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yes, and they should have beaten them also. The reason they did not is that Brighton have created a squad of generally average individuals but their manager gets 110% out of them. Which is the opposite of where we are. 
Again, not sure what your point is, Where are Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and West ham in the table compared to us? They would all consider their result vs Brighton as being unsatisfactory, yet they have consistently ground out results all season, where we have not. Just because Chelsea get a poor result against Brighton, does not make it good enough for us to also get a poor result. 

Just remember 100% of our success since 2015/16 has been based on us beating teams that SHOULD have beaten us. Brighton have ruffled some feathers....fair play to them

8 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

James Justin talking about not being happy about the change to a back 5 suggests he doesn't have the team onside and it shows on the pitch

I heard that. Everyone sees it. Except Brendan and a few others. It’s fair game for a player to call Brendan out. He’s happy to do it with players and fans so it’s time he was held accountable. 

11 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Sorry for the interruption of the thread. I think this every time I see you post, and I don't know why I've chosen today to ask. But can you please at least consider changing your user name, for obvious reasons? 

As you were 

Apologies, Deb, I honestly didn’t notice anything wrong with it. Obviously it far predates any association with anything that might be inferred, but having now realised how it might look myself I’ll change it. 

If you’re interested, it’s a spoonerism of an old band name. No harm intended.

Just now, tickler28 said:

Just remember 100% of our success since 2015/16 has been based on us beating teams that SHOULD have beaten us. Brighton have ruffled some feathers....fair play to them

As much as I do agree to strong elements of that point, it's worth noting that there comes a time where a team goes from being fluke/lucky to being genuine. We've had very good success since 2015/16 because we deserve to be there and have genuinely become a good team. Vardy for example, came into the prem as a championship striker, his first season was a low scoring one, now he is considered one of the best in the league. Leicester should be realistically fighting for top 6 positions. We are nowhere near good enough to even fluke top 6 at the moment. Absolutely fair play to Brighton. 

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

As much as I do agree to strong elements of that point, it's worth noting that there comes a time where a team goes from being fluke/lucky to being genuine. We've had very good success since 2015/16 because we deserve to be there and have genuinely become a good team. Vardy for example, came into the prem as a championship striker, his first season was a low scoring one, now he is considered one of the best in the league. Leicester should be realistically fighting for top 6 positions. We are nowhere near good enough to even fluke top 6 at the moment. Absolutely fair play to Brighton. 

Sadly Vardy is injured currently and Iheanacho is in Africa....Ndidi is also in Africa....arguably our best 2 full backs and best 2 centre backs are injured. I don't think you can fairly judge where we are based on all those players missing

Edited by tickler28

3 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

Apologies, Deb, I honestly didn’t notice anything wrong with it. Obviously it far predates any association with anything that might be inferred, but having now realised how it might look myself I’ll change it. 

If you’re interested, it’s a spoonerism of an old band name. No harm intended.

Ah no it's obvious it wasn't intentional and I'm aware it comes from before the time 😊 It's probably just me, but every time I see it, I don't even know what the word is. Reminds me maybe? Don't feel you need to change it either, it's maybe just me being a bit sensitive! 

But I'd love it if you do :kissing:

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Sadly Vardy is injured currently as is last years sensation Iheanacho....Ndidi is in Africa....arguably our best 2 full backs and best 2 centre backs are injured. I don't think you can fairly judge where we are based on all those players missing

Of course we have important players missing, we have all season. But even todays line up, only 2 Brighton players would have got into it on paper. 
On the pitch practically their entire squad would hobble into our team on crutches. Because their players are giving 110%. With all of our injuries and players away, why are we giving 80%? That's the problem, I can accept a poor season, but not a half arsed season.

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Of course we have important players missing, we have all season. But even todays line up, only 2 Brighton players would have got into it on paper. 
On the pitch practically their entire squad would hobble into our team on crutches. Because their players are giving 110%. With all of our injuries and players away, why are we giving 80%? That's the problem, I can accept a poor season, but not a half arsed season.

I don't see a lack of effort personally...well beg to differ on that front. Also I think its more like 4 Brighton players who on paper get into our team - Lamptey, Trossard,  Gross and Webster

• Like 1