Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Forest (a) Sun 6th Feb 4pm

Initially I had a horrible vision of a 1-1 and losing on penalties, hope I'm wrong.

Looking for the kind of professional performance put in away to Brentford last season, turn up, show your class (Ok went a goal down but stayed calm), get the job done, move on, don't get caught up in the hype merchants giant killer / derby narrative. Forest look tidy and much improved under Cooper and will have nothing to lose, just need to do our stuff and stay calm, leaving bomb-scares like Vestergaard away from the team sheet (although Soyuncu is prone to gifting things this season) would rule out that way in to the game for Forest and keep 11 on the pitch if it gets feisty. Changed me mind, 2-0 City, Daka & Barnes.

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Initially I had a horrible vision of a 1-1 and losing on penalties, hope I'm wrong.

Looking for the kind of professional performance put in away to Brentford last season, turn up, show your class (Ok went a goal down but stayed calm), get the job done, move on, don't get caught up in the hype merchants giant killer / derby narrative. Forest look tidy and much improved under Cooper and will have nothing to lose, just need to do our stuff and stay calm, leaving bomb-scares like Vestergaard away from the team sheet (although Soyuncu is prone to gifting things this season) would rule out that way in to the game for Forest and keep 11 on the pitch if it gets feisty. Changed me mind, 2-0 City, Daka & Barnes.

Agree with all of the above. The one worry is that we will be bullied by Forest. We are easily the weakest (physically) team in the premier league and this total lack of power,  presence or any jot of physicality, will give confidence to the opposition. Think we may get brushed aside (hope not!).

11 hours ago, don_danbury said:

are all forest fans robots? i swear they say the same 2 things every time they mention leicester. one is that they dont care about leicester, the other is them moaning about businesses being ripped off 155 years ago. lol 

They’re forever banging on about us going into administration for some reason, like it’s something we did on purpose. It was not exactly a great time for the club!

Let’s not forget their clown messiah Fawaz (allegedly) never seemed to pay his invoices even though they were solvent.

https://www.shoot.co.uk/10-times-fawaz-al-hasawi-has-critically-damaged-nottingham-forest/5/

Edited by Saxondale
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

They’re forever banging on about us going into administration for some reason, like it’s something we did on purpose. It was not exactly a great time for the club!

Let’s not forget their clown messiah Fawaz (allegedly) never seemed to pay his invoices even though they were solvent.

https://www.shoot.co.uk/10-times-fawaz-al-hasawi-has-critically-damaged-nottingham-forest/5/

Which is part of the reason large numbers of our supporters wanted him gone.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Do you not think our fan base also wanted new owners when we were going skint?

No idea. There are no relevant Google hits for Leicester City FC protests against owners so I can only assume there wasn't one.

3 minutes ago, Bristol fox .... said:

Not even close mate

Yep, FA Cup games leading up to us winning it, European games, top 4 challenges, league cup bottle jobs. The list goes on, this game ain't even close in terms of stakes other than local pride. 

Saying that it's big for our travelling fans who have not been Forest for years as well as the younger lot who may have never been.

This is one of their biggest in a while mind, my Forest mates are all bang up for it. Other than them bottling the play offs on the final day I can't remember many big games they've had recently? Other than the Brian Clough trophy of course lol

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Looking forward to that early train.

I’m so very tempted to get the 956 to Market Harborough from Leicester and then the 1033 from there which is the first call at Leicester that runs through to Nottingham. Just so I don’t have to deal with the hassle at Leicester. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This game was always pretty huge but the tragic passing this week of two of the biggest Leicester fans and characters out there in our Liam and Bobby Moore, who posted on Bentleys Roof and was a massive presence throughout the years makes this game even more important that we get the win for those two.

Legends

Shame there is a total disconnect between the fanbase and the players and as such they won't know about either of these tragedies. Would have fired them up 100%.

By my reckoning no surprise absentees in the training video - 18 fit outfielders + 3 GKs means only Fofana, Vardy, Castagne, Evans, Bertrand and Mendy miss this one. First time we might not have an U23 on the bench in what feels like forever.

I'd imagine it'll be full strength with Ricardo making the bench for now:

Schmeichel (c)

Justin Amartey Soyuncu Thomas

Ndidi Tielemans

Lookman Maddison Barnes

Daka

Subs: Ward, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Choudhury, Soumare, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton, Perez, Iheanacho

Harsh on KDH but I think we'll need width and pace in a high-intensity game like this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Nacho and Daka upfront please, one upfront away from home would be poor

I don't really get this. We play with one up front home and away.

If it was the case that we played two up front for either home or away games, it would be home, wouldn't it?

42 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

By my reckoning no surprise absentees in the training video - 18 fit outfielders + 3 GKs means only Fofana, Vardy, Castagne, Evans, Bertrand and Mendy miss this one. First time we might not have an U23 on the bench in what feels like forever.

I'd imagine it'll be full strength with Ricardo making the bench for now:

Schmeichel (c)

Justin Amartey Soyuncu Thomas

Ndidi Tielemans

Lookman Maddison Barnes

Daka

Subs: Ward, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Choudhury, Soumare, Dewsbury-Hall, Albrighton, Perez, Iheanacho

Harsh on KDH but I think we'll need width and pace in a high-intensity game like this.

Ricky won’t make the bench yet ……. 

3 hours ago, Saxondale said:

image.jpeg.a254841d93778837ea78344f18608d12.jpeg

• Haha 4