Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Forest (a) Sun 6th Feb 4pm

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's quite simply that their "famous team", "world famous ground" (always laugh at that one) and especially their rivalry with Derby isn't very well known at all. 

And they spend the whole time telling each other in Nottingham and if they keep doing so it might actually become as famous as that mythical man in green tights that actually is quite well known. 

Robin of Sheffield?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Collymore said:

Any tips on parking where you're likely not to get much grief? 

You won't get grief anywhere unless you're specifically looking for it. If you want to park near the ground you can park in the multi-story near the train station £5 I believe. You can also park on the council house for the same price. Embankment is also a fiver, but you can park just before the barriers for free if you get there early enough, it just means a bit of a walk (about twenty mins along the river or 15 through the Meadows). Alternatively you could park in Beeston on Lower Regent St and get the tram to the station which is about twenty mins tops then ten mins walk to the ground. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Life here will be “challenging” for a few days if we screw this up!! But does anyone else also feel it’s a disproportionately important game for us? The mid-winter break has taken the edge of the disappointment we have all felt after recent results and performances ……… but it’s still there. Simmering just below the surface. A slip-up here and the mood music around the club will be grim. Similarly, a strong showing, with some injured or unavailable players slipping back into the fold, and we are in a good place to make a decent fist of things to the end of season. 🤞🤞

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's quite simply that their "famous team", "world famous ground" (always laugh at that one) and especially their rivalry with Derby isn't very well known at all. 

And they spend the whole time telling each other in Nottingham and if they keep doing so it might actually become as famous as that mythical man in green tights that actually is quite well known. 

It’s genuinely embarrassing that they think they’re too big to call us rivals.

We’re a bigger club than Derby, and probably bigger than them too IMO.

The club rots from the inside with unbelievable levels of delusion about what other people think of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, uReds said:

You won't get grief anywhere unless you're specifically looking for it. If you want to park near the ground you can park in the multi-story near the train station £5 I believe. You can also park on the council house for the same price. Embankment is also a fiver, but you can park just before the barriers for free if you get there early enough, it just means a bit of a walk (about twenty mins along the river or 15 through the Meadows). Alternatively you could park in Beeston on Lower Regent St and get the tram to the station which is about twenty mins tops then ten mins walk to the ground. 

Thanks for this, was just a little more conscious as I'll have my son with me and he'll want to wear his kit. 

Could you recommend the best parking spot to head M1 north after the game please?  

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Thanks for this, was just a little more conscious as I'll have my son with me and he'll want to wear his kit. 

Could you recommend the best parking spot to head M1 north after the game please?  

Understandable, don't get me wrong we have our problem fans like any team but the vast majority are normal football supporters and I can't imagine you'll have any issues.

It's much of a muchness to be honest in terms of parking near the ground, If you're looking to get away quickly I'd be tempted to say the train station as it's a little easier to get out of and close to the A52 and generally less people tend to park there.

If you're looking to just avoid traffic but are less fussy about time, there are a couple of alternative options. 

1. Park at Toton tram stop and get the tram into the game. Toton tram stop (free parking) is literally on Brian Clough way and 2 mins from M1 J25 which is either north or southbound. Think you can get a family ticket for a fiver.

2. Park at Ilkeston station outside Armstrong mill (free street parking) and get the train in - Ilkeston train station is a short distance away from M1 J26 again both north and southbound. The train in takes roughly ten minutes and is my personal favoured way of getting to games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, FuriousFox46 said:

The club rots from the inside with unbelievable levels of delusion about what other people think of them.

No one has ever been able to define 'bigger'. It's mostly in people's heads but modern football suggests it's all about turnover and spending power. In that case, LCFC have been bigger than other East Midlands clubs for virtually the whole of the 21st century. Previous triumphs in a competition that was ended 30 years ago has little bearing on the here and now. 

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Almost 30 years exactly since they did us in the Zenith Data Systems Northern Area Final. Something I'm sure most of us have never got over. Time for payback.

Too right. Revenge is a dish served cold! 

After we'd beaten the mighty Notts County on a classic night in the rain. 

We were really starved of any success back then 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FuriousFox46 said:

It’s hard to pinpoint when the “we don’t care” stuff started but I imagine it was around the early or mid 2000s, at that point both probably were bigger than us, equal in many ways and we might have had the edge in other ways but we didn’t have a league title or FA Cup.

But to keep it up since 2016 is just funny, we’ve surpassed them in most measurable metrics, 99% of neutrals would tell you were bigger than Derby, so to suggest we’re somehow not relevant or big enough to be their rivals is just laughable.

3 minutes ago, Yes said:

It’s hard to pinpoint when the “we don’t care” stuff started but I imagine it was around the early or mid 2000s, at that point both probably were bigger than us, equal in many ways and we might have had the edge in other ways but we didn’t have a league title or FA Cup.

But to keep it up since 2016 is just funny, we’ve surpassed them in most measurable metrics, 99% of neutrals would tell you were bigger than Derby, so to suggest we’re somehow not relevant or big enough to be their rivals is just laughable.

I read their form this morning 

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/48240-The-ascent-of-Leicester-City/page10

A7188309-4D9E-4C6E-9748-4DA6917C7971.png

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1