Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Forest (a) Sun 6th Feb 4pm

35 minutes ago, FuriousFox46 said:

Forest fans: lmao Leicester’s rivalry is one sided 

also Forest fans: we hate Sheffield United and Liverpool…

Sheffield United above us how quick must they have sold out against them it being the first game they had played for a few seasons.. 98884D24-8356-47A7-9ED8-85B506F1E267.thumb.jpeg.324f5edf32805be398b0a65f6d566cbb.jpeg

oh wait they didn’t. 

The nonsense is never ending with them lol

• Haha 4

Just now, moore_94 said:

Pre-match Press Conference vs Notts Forest

Injuries?

“Nothing new. The guys we expect to be fit are fit. The guys that are longer term are still out for some time.”

Fofana?

“He’s doing terrific. He will look to join with the squad the week beginning February 14. He’s working very well with the sports science team. Then we will assess it from there. Then hopefully some time in February he will be close to playing.”

Fofana importance?

“His importance, you’ve seen what we’ve missed throughout the season. You saw his quality in the Villarreal game. Because of how we play, we like to play with a high line and defend forward and that was the reason we brought him in. He plays with such maturity. It was such a huge blow to us. It’s nearly six months since the operation and he’s recovered. I’ve been really impressed by his mentality. We can’t wait to have him back in the team.”

Looking forward to derby?

“Very much so. Some of the clubs I’ve been at there have been massive derby games. It’s been a while since these clubs have played. It’s a great stadium and should be a brilliant atmosphere. They’ve done very well, Steve’s done a brilliant job. It’s going to be a tough examination. It’s a game for the supporters. We will look to attack the game.”

Derby matches?

“You can’t shy away from it and you can’t underplay it. It’s a derby game and it’s an FA Cup game when we’re the holders. So we have to play to the level we play. You have to keep the temperament.”

Mendy back in squad?

“Papy was very unfortunate not to make the squad because of the injuries we had. It’s a testament to his professionalism, how he’s kept going. I’ve seen that throughout my time here. His attitude to staying fit has allowed him to go away and play to a high level with Senegal. Congratulations to him for making the final. He will come back into our squad and he will be a valued player for us, like he always has been.”

Big fixture for neutral too?

“It’s a great fixture. We want to win this competition again. It was such a memorable and iconic period for us to win it. We want that again. You have to dig deep and perform well. They are a good side. Steve has galvanised the team. They are very well coached and have talented players.”

Derbies?

“They're always a little bit special. You can’t be caught from the off, you have to win your battles. It’s important to make the supporters proud.”

Winter break?

“It’s been a challenge for us for a lot of the season but the break came a good time for us. We should have won those games without being at the top of our game. The squad looks a lot healthier and we’re looking forward to the second part of the season.”

Aims?

“We want to finish as high as we can. It’s a huge testament to the players that we have been challenging for the top-four positions. The truth is we don’t carry the depth and quality of those in that area. We need our best players. But we’ve had young players come through, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Luke Thomas is playing with no fear. We want to challenge in the cup competitions and finish as high as we can.”

January window?

“It’s a tough market anyway. It was not through a lack of ambition. It’s run financially very well. It’s a window that was always going to be difficult. There’s no doubt we need to make changes come the summer so we will need to refresh the squad as we’ll be over three years. We’ll look to improve the players we have.”

Frustrations over lack of centre-back?

“We have ambitions here and it was the reason I came to Leicester City. I’m not here to go through the motions. But it’s all about timing. The club is financially run well. In the main we have recruited well, you don’t get them all right. We are not a club that can spend endless pots of money. Where the confusion is that we’ve been a team up there challenging. The planning is well under way for the summer. The supporters will want to do that now, but if it’s not possible, we work with what we have.”

Missing Jonny and Jamie?

“The two players you mentioned have a huge influence, but it’s an opportunity for others to show those qualities. We have seen the growth of a number of players this season. We want to be challenging where we had been.”

“The players are there to support but it doesn’t always win you games. They can give out little bits of advice. Both of them are a few weeks away. Jamie is four, Jonny maybe six.”

Nothing on Ricardo. I assume that means he is fit to play? He doesn't fit the longer term absentee category.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Pre-match Press Conference vs Notts Forest

Injuries?

“Nothing new. The guys we expect to be fit are fit. The guys that are longer term are still out for some time.”

Fofana?

“He’s doing terrific. He will look to join with the squad the week beginning February 14. He’s working very well with the sports science team. Then we will assess it from there. Then hopefully some time in February he will be close to playing.”

Fofana importance?

“His importance, you’ve seen what we’ve missed throughout the season. You saw his quality in the Villarreal game. Because of how we play, we like to play with a high line and defend forward and that was the reason we brought him in. He plays with such maturity. It was such a huge blow to us. It’s nearly six months since the operation and he’s recovered. I’ve been really impressed by his mentality. We can’t wait to have him back in the team.”

Looking forward to derby?

“Very much so. Some of the clubs I’ve been at there have been massive derby games. It’s been a while since these clubs have played. It’s a great stadium and should be a brilliant atmosphere. They’ve done very well, Steve’s done a brilliant job. It’s going to be a tough examination. It’s a game for the supporters. We will look to attack the game.”

Derby matches?

“You can’t shy away from it and you can’t underplay it. It’s a derby game and it’s an FA Cup game when we’re the holders. So we have to play to the level we play. You have to keep the temperament.”

Mendy back in squad?

“Papy was very unfortunate not to make the squad because of the injuries we had. It’s a testament to his professionalism, how he’s kept going. I’ve seen that throughout my time here. His attitude to staying fit has allowed him to go away and play to a high level with Senegal. Congratulations to him for making the final. He will come back into our squad and he will be a valued player for us, like he always has been.”

Big fixture for neutral too?

“It’s a great fixture. We want to win this competition again. It was such a memorable and iconic period for us to win it. We want that again. You have to dig deep and perform well. They are a good side. Steve has galvanised the team. They are very well coached and have talented players.”

Derbies?

“They're always a little bit special. You can’t be caught from the off, you have to win your battles. It’s important to make the supporters proud.”

Winter break?

“It’s been a challenge for us for a lot of the season but the break came a good time for us. We should have won those games without being at the top of our game. The squad looks a lot healthier and we’re looking forward to the second part of the season.”

Aims?

“We want to finish as high as we can. It’s a huge testament to the players that we have been challenging for the top-four positions. The truth is we don’t carry the depth and quality of those in that area. We need our best players. But we’ve had young players come through, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Luke Thomas is playing with no fear. We want to challenge in the cup competitions and finish as high as we can.”

January window?

“It’s a tough market anyway. It was not through a lack of ambition. It’s run financially very well. It’s a window that was always going to be difficult. There’s no doubt we need to make changes come the summer so we will need to refresh the squad as we’ll be over three years. We’ll look to improve the players we have.”

Frustrations over lack of centre-back?

“We have ambitions here and it was the reason I came to Leicester City. I’m not here to go through the motions. But it’s all about timing. The club is financially run well. In the main we have recruited well, you don’t get them all right. We are not a club that can spend endless pots of money. Where the confusion is that we’ve been a team up there challenging. The planning is well under way for the summer. The supporters will want to do that now, but if it’s not possible, we work with what we have.”

Missing Jonny and Jamie?

“The two players you mentioned have a huge influence, but it’s an opportunity for others to show those qualities. We have seen the growth of a number of players this season. We want to be challenging where we had been.”

“The players are there to support but it doesn’t always win you games. They can give out little bits of advice. Both of them are a few weeks away. Jamie is four, Jonny maybe six.”

That Aims section pisses me right off 

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I would personally play albrighton over justin in this one. 

We really dont need him playing sat-weds-sat at this stage in his rehabilitation.  

Agree on the 3 games a week part as that was a big mistake we made with Ricardo. Personally i'd go full strength against Forest and not take any risks - Cup games are must win to try and salvage something from this season. 

Edited by turlo

20 minutes ago, turlo said:

Agree on the 3 games a week part as that was a big mistake we made with Ricardo. Personally i'd go full strength against Forest and not take any risks - Cup games are must win to try and salvage something from this season. 

Im torn really. Cant disagree with you but my brain goes to, we can beat forest with Albrighton, but we need to be as strong as possible for Liverpool and West Ham. I guess I have a very optimistic attitude but if we can get a win (WH) and a draw from those the table starts to open up for us again. 

*Just editing to state that I expect Albrighton to play against WH and Liverpool anyway. With JJ in a 3 

Edited by Lambert09

4-3-3/ could become a diamond with Barnes and Daka up top. Think KDH has to play given the energy he brings to the side and should be right up for this. With 5 subs can hopefully look to rotate and may not even need any youth players on the bench.          

Schmeichel 

Justin - Amartey - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Tielemans - Ndidi - KDH

Maddison  -  Daka  -  Barnes 

Subs: 

Ward, Vestergaard, Ricardo, Albrighton, Soumaré, Hamza, Perez, Lookman, Iheanacho 

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Looking forward to the Notts County ground it’s always buzzing in there. 

Please please can we carry the energy shown in there into the stands for once. 

I don’t think there will be a problem with that. 

Anyone else going without a ticket for a booze in Nottingham?  I've heard a couple of whispers about a couple of groups. 

Imo it's either completely naive, as there's no way the police are gonna let groups of lads boozing in their town.....or if I'm wrong and they do successfully end up boozing, there'll be trouble. Thier boys won't be at the game. They'll be in town too. 

• Like 1