Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Forest (a) Sun 6th Feb 4pm

Nottingham began in the 6th century as a small settlement called Snotta inga ham. The Anglo-Saxon word ham meant village. The word inga meant ‘belonging to’ and Snotta was a man. So its name meant the village owned by Snotta. Gradually its name changed to Snottingham then just Nottingham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Adster said:

These photos are ****ing embarrassing. 

I used to have a t shirt with that design on it back in the 80s. Definitely not embarrassing. I hate scummy Notts Forest and in fact I hate all things Nottingham. They say they don't care about us, I don't care If they do or not, because I fvcking hate them regardless! They are the only foootball club I would happily see go out of existence. Scum!  Seeing Notts County in non league is mildly amusing too. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I used to have a t shirt with that design on it back in the 80s. Definitely not embarrassing. I hate scummy Notts Forest and in fact I hate all things Nottingham. They say they don't care about us, I don't care If they do or not, because I fvcking hate them regardless! They are the only foootball club I would happily see go out of existence. Scum!  Seeing Notts County in non league is mildly amusing too. 

Your post kind of proves my point to be honest.

Anyone travelling by train concerned by the welcome they might receive at Nottingham Station today, might be worth considering the train into East Midlands parkway then a short taxi ride over to Clifton South Tram Station. You can then Tram it into the city centre pretty much hassle free.