Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Forest (a) Sun 6th Feb 4pm

C'mon now - we are in decent form and look a good championship side under Cooper but you're FA cup champions with numerous quality international players. It'd be an enormous shock for you to not progress through to the next round. Anyone who says this match doesn't matter to Forest is also talking nonsense.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, uReds said:

C'mon now - we are in decent form and look a good championship side under Cooper but you're FA cup champions with numerous quality international players. It'd be an enormous shock for you to not progress through to the next round. Anyone who says this match doesn't matter to Forest is also talking nonsense.

Really don't want to lose this one. Don't think I could take the ear ache! You'll never get a better chance to beat us. first choice defence out and our talisman not playing. This should put additional pressure on you, but it won't be viewed like that in your camp. On paper, we should give you a good hiding, but we all know what a difficult place to visit the City Ground can be when your crowd is up for it. Your Steve Cooper seems to have built a bit of a siege mentality. Should be a cracking game!

40 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

We should do these. Anything other than a win is unacceptable big time. 

Time to step up for players and Rodgers. I don;'t want to see any of his complicated game meddling bollocks in this.

Not unless we ar 6 Nil up with .5 of a second left to play.

32 minutes ago, uReds said:

We're the underdogs after you've knocked out the mighty Arse 😂

33 minutes ago, uReds said:

Our issue is we’re horribly inconsistent… you guys have definitely been playing well recently, and you’ll carry that plus some extra into this game. We can’t cope with aggressive teams, we just fall apart and become this horrible static mess who can’t defend. 

I am worried going into this, Brendan certainly has it in him to get this horribly wrong and underestimate you. 

It will mean more to you at the moment because we’re premier league, and Derby are seemingly on the brink of non-league…. So to beat recent FA cup champions would be a real scalp! 

I wouldn’t be so worried if I were you, we can’t tell week from week which Leicester will turn up.

After collapsing numerous times in Europe, and bottling a 2 goal lead at Liverpool, it's indefensible if we bottle this. That's not even getting into some of the league performances.

This team really need to show they have a backbone, says a lot that Forest are probably the favourites going into this.

We'll probably be comfortably leading 2-0 and Rodgers will use his current favourite ploy. He'll take of KDH and replace him with KOD (kiss-of-death, Soumaré) to 'shore up the midfield'. He comes on and ambles about without the foggiest notion of what to do.

....wonder who Forest will get in the next round?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'd rather go full strength here and then make changes for Liverpool away.

Agreed. This is where I think we’ll start to lose out on what’s best for Brendan versus what’s best for the club.

He’ll be thinking getting knocked out of the FA Cup and Europa Conference is no biggie - he’s won the cup and he doesn’t know what the Conference League is apparently… - so he’ll be thinking about finishing as high up in the league so that his league record shows 5th, 5th, 8th/9th etc. on his CV.

Whereas for us fans we’d take finishing 10th/11th for a strong shot at a European trophy and retaining the FA Cup (with a win over Forest on the way).

• Like 2

Generally had a good record against Championship sides under Rodgers haven't we? To be honest when I have recently watched Champ games the standard has been terrible, I think there is quite a gulf between the leagues now, as evinced by Norwich. We will obviously need to turn up on the day - Arsenal showed us what happens if we expect to half-arse it and win - but we have plenty of quality to get through here.

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Agreed. This is where I think we’ll start to lose out on what’s best for Brendan versus what’s best for the club.

He’ll be thinking getting knocked out of the FA Cup and Europa Conference is no biggie - he’s won the cup and he doesn’t know what the Conference League is apparently… - so he’ll be thinking about finishing as high up in the league so that his league record shows 5th, 5th, 8th/9th etc. on his CV.

Whereas for us fans we’d take finishing 10th/11th for a strong shot at a European trophy and retaining the FA Cup (with a win over Forest on the way).

I agree but surely Brendan can't disregard the FA Cup, with us holders of it. Arguably the FA Cup win is the only thing stopping serious rumours about him getting the sack this year.

14 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Agreed, although I still think Brendan knows he is here to win things so I'm hoping, with that, he priorities the Forest game. 

1 hour ago, uReds said:

Why do Forest fans keep joining this forum?

38 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Realistic - just lets get to 40 points a s a p.

1 hour ago, uReds said:

Should be a fascinating contest. Rodgers will be very uncomfortable going in to this. He badly needs to navigate this with a win otherwise he's under massive pressure. These are the sorts of games he's the absolute pits at.

We ought to be strong favourites but as you say, you're in good form and confident. Brennan Johnson will carry on the tradition that any player previously linked to us in recent years will score at least once.

• Like 1