Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Forest (a) Sun 6th Feb 4pm

I assume some of the fake pessimism on here is purely for fun but the joke’s wearing a bit thin. Forest are a decent enough Championship team for sure but they’re certainly not pulling up any trees!

I’ll say it again, of course we could lose but if we play anything like we can then we’ll win. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

I assume some of the fake pessimism on here is purely for fun but the joke’s wearing a bit thin. Forest are a decent enough Championship team for sure but they’re certainly not pulling up any trees!

I’ll say it again, of course we could lose but if we play anything like we can then we’ll win. 

I think it’s just an emotional insurance thing

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

were when i checked straight after the match, bookies do change there odds i didn't know if you knew.

Don't cry about it 

You've embarassed yourself, just hold your hands up and admit it, it's much easier :D

• Like 2

There’s a chance we’ll play a slightly weakened team as we’ve got an important game v Blackburn 3 days after this match.  I can see Cooper leaving Grabban on the bench like he did v Arsenal, possibly even doing the same with Johnson.

Something like 75pc of our goals this season have either been scored or assisted by those 2 so if we rest either it will make us much easier to play against 

If we’d been playing you under Hughton we’d have all been terrified that this would be a 5 or 6 goal hiding.  You’re obviously still favourites but I think most of our fans are looking forward to the match, and actually quite relaxed about it. We’re not kidding ourselves that we’ll win the Cup, whereas we desperately want to get promoted.

If we can spring a surprise, great.  If not, hopefully we can at least make a good account of ourselves.

I predict leicester will win 2-0. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

There’s a chance we’ll play a slightly weakened team as we’ve got an important game v Blackburn 3 days after this match.  I can see Cooper leaving Grabban on the bench like he did v Arsenal, possibly even doing the same with Johnson.

Something like 75pc of our goals this season have either been scored or assisted by those 2 so if we rest either it will make us much easier to play against 

If we’d been playing you under Hughton we’d have all been terrified that this would be a 5 or 6 goal hiding.  You’re obviously still favourites but I think most of our fans are looking forward to the match, and actually quite relaxed about it. We’re not kidding ourselves that we’ll win the Cup, whereas we desperately want to get promoted.

If we can spring a surprise, great.  If not, hopefully we can at least make a good account of ourselves.

It would be lovely if we could derail your season 😁 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

I don’t envisage any scenario where we won’t concede 

Edited by FuriousFox46
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

I hope that was a pun lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

Fake? 😂😂😂

Was it fake pessimism before we played Milwall away 5 years ago? 

We’ve had two outstanding performances this entire season

Of course we should be putting these to the sword. Man for man our squad is a million miles better than theirs. 

But in case you didn’t know, football doesn’t work like that. And Brendan Rodgers’ LCFC certainly doesn’t work like that.

At the very least it’s, ‘expect the worst and hope for the best’ but it’s definitely not ‘fake pessimism’

Makes me laugh when pro Rodgers fans wonder aloud about how long some anti Rodgers fans have been supporting leicester for

Anyone who knows anything about the Leicester of old know that if anyone can fcuk it up, LCFC will

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ForestAreMagic said:

I probably speak for a minority but it would be nice to have some local teams back in the PL with us. Forest, Coventry, Derby. It's pretty dull not having local derbies (I don't count Villa or Wolves as one).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Fake? 😂😂😂

Of course we should be putting these to the sword. Man for man our squad is a million miles better than theirs. 

But in case you didn’t know, football doesn’t work like that. And Brendan Rodgers’ LCFC certainly doesn’t work like that.

At the very least it’s, ‘expect the worst and hope for the best’ but it’s definitely not ‘fake pessimism’

Makes me laugh when pro Rodgers fans wonder aloud about how long some anti Rodgers fans have been supporting leicester for

Anyone who knows anything about the Leicester of old know that if anyone can fcuk it up, LCFC will

I'm still pro Rodgers but also a natural pessimist when it comes to LCFC. I know banter and debate is good but talk is cheap. Have to do it on the pitch. Being cocky before hand is not a good idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I probably speak for a minority but it would be nice to have some local teams back in the PL with us. Forest, Coventry, Derby. It's pretty dull not having local derbies (I don't count Villa or Wolves as one).

I only hate Forest more than Villa but I agree in theory. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Fake? 😂😂😂

I'm about as anti Rodgers as they come and I can't fathom why people have any pessimism about this fixture. We'll clearly go with the strongest available line up in this game and it will have more than enough to put Forest to the sword.

This was the team that played Millwall away, absolute car crash of a team. 

image.png.ae9d046dd362a15065e8051068623479.png

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2