Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

40 points!!

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

As I said yesterday, lets see where we are end of next month with four very tough fixtures (Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves, Chelsea) we could be closer to the bottom three than you think.

Apart from the fact every other team plays these sides too. Norwich have got Liverpool and Man City back to back, for example.

I dunno why people don't seem to realise for us to be "close to the bottom" we'll have to lose every game, which could happen tbf with the fixtures we've got coming up, but the teams below us all have to win when we lose. It won't happen.

Steady finish between 10th and 14th this season, nothing more but nothing worse.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

No worries.

I'll revisit this thread end of the season when we'll still be playing in the league next season :thumbup: 

I've no doubt we will stay up comfortably but that says more about the dross below us than it does about us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I've no doubt we will stay up comfortably but that says more about the dross below us than it does about us. 

Probably does, bottom of the league is poor, but it just makes me laugh the same posters pop up each time we're not doing well.

We were shocking under Puel, worse than now, but even then he never had us below 12th. Bottom of the league has been poor for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It’s frankly embarrassing that we’re even talking about this. 

Now that we’ve peaked we have to go back to discussing 40 points.

Agree a sad reflection on lack of progress since a last Jan.

4 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Often said this is enough for safety, the question is given this week's giveaways, will Leicester City reach that target?

We have been very average and have still taken 4 points from some tough games against Liverpool, Spurs and Brighton with a depleted team.

I'm sure we will be fine.

• Like 1

Jesus this thread is embarrassing, some of you love an overreaction don’t you!

We have one freak ending to a game and another disappointing draw at home to a team who have only lost one away all season, and all of a sudden we are in a relegation fight.

It’s laughable how pathetic some supporters are.

What do you do in your day to day life when something negative happens? Do you just sit and cry in a corner and just accept nothing good will ever happen again? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Jesus this thread is embarrassing, some of you love an overreaction don’t you!

We have one freak ending to a game and another disappointing draw at home to a team who have only lost one away all season, and all of a sudden we are in a relegation fight.

It’s laughable how pathetic some supporters are.

What do you do in your day to day life when something negative happens? Do you just sit and cry in a corner and just accept nothing good will ever happen again? 

Why is this thread "embarrassing"? You don't need to search far for more worthy recipients of that title.

Given the fact that since we return to the top flight this magical figure has always been talked about as safety and given our woes this season I was just wondering if this would be achieved.

So, on that basis, there is no need to be sarcastic nor derogatory but if that is in your make up I guess it can only be expected. Remember, you don't have to contribute, no-one asked you to!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Why is this thread "embarrassing"? You don't need to search far for more worthy recipients of that title.

Given the fact that since we return to the top flight this magical figure has always been talked about as safety and given our woes this season I was just wondering if this would be achieved.

So, on that basis, there is no need to be sarcastic nor derogatory but if that is in your make up I guess it can only be expected. Remember, you don't have to contribute, no-one asked you to!!

Given our woes? We’re 10th FFS not 17th!

We are miles clear of Burnley, Watford, Norwich, Newcastle, Everton and Leeds - having played less games than them.

You asked a ridiculous question, I gave an answer.

It is embarrassing that our support simply cannot hack a bad result or two with our melting down and starting threads like this. 
We all wanted to be up there challenging this season, we’re not quite there, due to injuries to key personnel. But we are still more than competitive in this league. We are not even close to being in any sort of danger. 
Do you react like this in your day to day life? As soon as you get a little set back, fall apart and think the world is ending? I find this sort of attitude embarrassing. 

• Like 1