Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If he thinks the fee is too high, then he or whoever advised him to sign a five year contract is an idiot. 

...you would have thought a fee might have been written into his new contract!!!

His signing of a new contract also benefits us, we are not in this position without the new contract in place. We should look to sell, we tend not to sell when our players are at the height of their transfer fee. Irrespective of him (Fofana) being in the team we are still conceding, it is so deep into the window and we have missed several chances to pick up young CBs this winter, but I believe we can bring someone good in from abroad.

41 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Exactly what we had with riyad

Our interpretation of an acceptable fee is not the same as the player and his entourage….

yes they were told 2023 at the earliest (apparently) but given the accelerated interest of a big six club, they won’t see the problem with doing it a year earlier - not their problem.  The fee is though …..

THE TERMINAL 2...

Starring Wesley Forfana as Riyad Mahrez.

• Haha 2

This todd bohely wants to make a statement and a world record fee for a defender will be it! If that is the case then we can’t reject unfortunately but it worries me what BR will invest it with. The stupid twat will probs sign sakho or something daft like that 😂

Usually I wouldn't talk about loyalty in football because it looks naive but the fact Wesley was very pleased to sign a 5 year contract before he had come back and made an appearance before allegedly aggressively posturing for a "dream move" does grate on me. It's like he's memory holed the last year of his life.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

This todd bohely wants to make a statement and a world record fee for a defender will be it! If that is the case then we can’t reject unfortunately but it worries me what BR will invest it with. The stupid twat will probs sign sakho or something daft like that 😂

Actually, I think that when it gets to the sharp end, Chelsea won’t want him to be a record fee and we will.  Who blinks first ???

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If Gordon is worth £43m then i'd want us to bid that amount for him. Fantastic player, even if he's a proper bellend.

In an attacking team he'll flourish IMO.

I hate the fact he’s a diving prat but he is a quality player. He’d flourish here.

17 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

...Boehly can flex as much as he likes, they spent a fortune on Lukaku, I am sure they will push the fee to a record level to prove a point!!!

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Actually, I think that when it gets to the sharp end, Chelsea won’t want him to be a record fee and we will.  Who blinks first ???

We can’t win either way cuz if we do sell

him then we will struggle do replace due to teams out pricing us for a replacement.