Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

It's going to be a season of two halves this year and the first half will be tough for us.

Selling Wes in this window will make it much tougher. The question is, does it open up the prospect that we could make a couple of signings in the January window that will strengthen us across the pitch? Or would we still be trapped by the wage bill?

• Like 1

I’m not usually full on negative but I can really see us falling by the wayside if we sell Fofana now, we are going to end up buying some substandard replacement like Bederek and this seasons going to be a relegation battle with Amartey playing every game in a back 5. 

To top it all off Southamptons head of recruitment is going to arrive to spend whatever money we have left in January. 

Anyone tell me who Southampton replaced VVD with after getting their world record fee for a defender?

doomed I tell ya!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Surely chelsea can’t afford this and £40m for Gordon and £20m on casadei who’s also a centre back. This must be over now? 

Casadei is a midfielder.

I am wondering if the Sky sources, as frequently referred to by Mork & Mindy,  are checked in advance by Sky Sports to ensure the information they give out is actually credible to any level of truth whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I am wondering if the Sky sources, as frequently referred to by Mork & Mindy,  are checked in advance by Sky Sports to ensure the information they give out is actually credible to any level of truth whatsoever.

To be fair to them, in the past when proven very wrong they have retracted information before. 

Unsure if they would if it's 'minor' stories with little backlash. To me it's probably just a journalist they have texting a lead they've been told. 

Edited by UniFox21

11 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

There’s an awful lot on here getting emotional and personal about a player who may not have agreed terms with Chelsea and may not be increasingly frustrated with the club.

You’re reacting to sky news and rumours spread by kids with 200 followers.

You don’t have to comment every time someone posts a rumour.

The meltdowns are amusing though 🤣 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's also in the clubs interest to seem like they don't want to sell their biggest assets because that's how a negotiation works. but if you look at it as a whole we have sold a prized asset every summer since we won the league the exception being last summer and that seems to have contributed to a hole in our finances (along with covid etc). So it's difficult not to see something as a long term strategy if we keep doing and have done it for years. 

Can you ever remember us turning down a major attempt from a big club to  land one of our  star players? I can't. maybe Maguire the summer before he actually and definitely Roma with mahrez but they were outright taking the piss. 

We strongly resisted selling Mahrez for several transfer windows. In the end his antics had become so tedious that it was a relief he went. We wouldn't have sold Kante if he didn't have a release clause. Chilwell and Maguire also had to force their moves. In each of these cases, the club would have preferred to keep the player rather than sell - even for a big fee. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet without selling these players we never have the financial muscle to improve our squad significantly. We wait until they ask to leave rather than what's economically best for our squad development but given we need to buy low and sell high to compete I think we need to get a bit more shredder in this regard.

You can certainly make a case that we've benefited from developing players and selling them on. I just think this widely-accepted cliché about the 'Leicester model' is massively overdone. I honestly think the club's preferred model would be to keep our best players and generate revenue via qualifying for Europe and building a bigger profile. The pattern of selling and reinvesting has been largely forced upon us by the fact that our best players often don't want to stick around for long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I’m not usually full on negative but I can really see us falling by the wayside if we sell Fofana now, we are going to end up buying some substandard replacement like Bederek and this seasons going to be a relegation battle with Amartey playing every game in a back 5. 

To top it all off Southamptons head of recruitment is going to arrive to spend whatever money we have left in January. 

Anyone tell me who Southampton replaced VVD with after getting their world record fee for a defender?

doomed I tell ya!

I can see us falling by the wayside even if he stays. If we can't sign 2/3 first team quality players we could be in huge trouble this year. If Evans get's injured then we could be playing Vestergaard, an annoyed Fofana and Amartey or Soyunchu who seems to have dissapeared and left his identical non football playing twin in his place

doomed I tell ya!

He's been part of a defence that has conceded 6 goals in 2 games, it really wouldn't be the end of the world if we sold him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

He's been part of a defence that has conceded 6 goals in 2 games, it really wouldn't be the end of the world if we sold him.

Yes because it's not possible that we would have conceded more if we had a back 3 consisting of Evans, Amartey and Soyuncu. 

The likelihood of us bringing in someone 50% as talented as Foffana is minimal IMO.

Whoever comes in needs to be ready to play immediately, we aren't in a position where we can sign a young promising player to replace Wes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

We have two decent centre-halves - Evans and Fofana. Evans is ageing and injury-prone, and only played 18 league games last year. If either Fofana or Evans is unavailable, we have to play either Amartey (not a Premier League footballer), Soyuncu (completely untrusted by Rodgers), Vestergaard (hopelessly unsuited to the way we play) or Ndidi (not really a CB). In other words, we are already very weak in the CB position - how would selling our best CB be anything other than disastrous?

• Like 3

If reports in the gutter press are true  this morning and he is not happy cos he thinks we are pricing him out of a move then the sooner he goes the better.  I for one does not want any player at Leicester that isnt 100 per cent committed.  I hope, the stories are bullshit.  Last thing we need is a sulky player.  

If its his agent trying to force a move then he can do one.  Fofana extended his contract only recently he cannot see the wood through the trees.

Sooner this transfer window closes the better.  All everyone is trying to do is unsettle our team.

t

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Yes because it's not possible that we would have conceded more if we had a back 3 consisting of Evans, Amartey and Soyuncu. 

The likelihood of us bringing in someone 50% as talented as Foffana is minimal IMO.

Whoever comes in needs to be ready to play immediately, we aren't in a position where we can sign a young promising player to replace Wes. 

I think you’d be surprised 

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

It really does wind me up when players happily take a payrise and sign a new contract and then expect the club to roll over and sell them cheap as soon as they get their head turned. Behave like petulant little children. 

No evidence he's doing that

• Like 2

doomed I tell ya!

Fester?

Honestly think we should just say no he’s staying. Forget the money City will want him next season and maybe a few others. We’re going to look stupid yet again letting him go in the last few days with no replacement, what happens if someone wants Youri in the last hour for 25m he’ll go as well. 

Edited by dannythefox

35 minutes ago, Dames said:

It’s 2 games mate, there’s a reason they want him and not any of the others

just look at our record with him last season against without him in the few games he was available.

We would be one Evans injury (likely) from an Amartey and Vestergaard pairing.