Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

I know we supposedly don't do release clauses anymore after the Kante debacle, but I find it hard to believe WF signed a 5 year contract without at least including a clause allowing him to speak to Champions League clubs should they come calling. Unless his agent is a dunce of course.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

If this was allowed to happen then from Champions of England to Chelsea’s Feeder Club and Southampton’s Bin men in 5 years.  

This is too depressing to even contemplate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dames said:

This will be Fofanas last season playing for us.

Many of the worlds biggest clubs will be monitoring to see if there are any long term effects from his injury and if he goes the full season without any reoccurrence then there will be huge money offers next summer.

The only reason he signed a long term deal with us is so that we get a good fee. 

Hate to even contemplate it but can’t see anything else, I rate him that highly I reckon if he hadn’t got injured everyone would after him right now and he probably wouldn’t have even signed a contract 

Edited by Hamilton Fox

Not worried, we have him tied down to a long term deal, so we can play hardball all we want. I can’t see us pricing him at anything south of 100m and in all fairness, I reckon that he will want to stay this season and really establish himself. 

No need to be concerned right now, but as others have said above, we won’t have him for long. He’ll play for whoever he wants, Fofana is ridiculously good.

6 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

PUT HIM THE RESERVES WITH YOURI.

BEST TO CHUCK MADDERS IN THERE TOO. JUST IN CASE.

Put Barnes in as well, to teach him a lesson for being named in a Newcastle article. 

Can someone close this thread - its not good for my health :blink:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sylofox said:

It's called security. Sign it and hes guaranteed x amount of money for the next 5yrs. What if he broke his leg again and was finished.

Contracts now are a one way street. If he wants the move he will go.

He's also got previous for that.

That's not entirely true. Unless he kicks up a huge fuss and starts being disruptive, which he won't do because at this stage that would be awful for his career the club has all of the power for the next 2-3 years. That's why players are starting to run down there contracts at a lot of clubs now because that's the way to get a move. He won't move this summer and it would take at least 70 million next summer for us to even entertain the idea

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Put Barnes in as well, to teach him a lesson for being named in a Newcastle article. 

I might have to start supporting our reserves instead.

It's looking like they might have a great team this year..

3 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

That's not entirely true. Unless he kicks up a huge fuss and starts being disruptive, which he won't do because at this stage that would be awful for his career 

And as I said he has previous for that.

Surely a move to manure or chelski is worth it for him to do that. Those two wont care what fuss he kicks up at little Leicester to get the man.

4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

He leaves this summer then I am proper worried for us this season. 

We were without him for over half the season last year and didn't have a nice wedge to compensate and finished 8th.

We'll he fine without him again, whenever that may be.

We will have another season from him then I can see him leaving, his talent is plain to see, genuinely believe he will go on to become one of the top 3 CBs in the world, the fee we can demand from club for him will be ridiculous, if we got 80 million for Maguire god only knows how much we will demand for him, one of the best bits of footballing business was getting him to sign a longer deal 

50 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I know we supposedly don't do release clauses anymore after the Kante debacle, but I find it hard to believe WF signed a 5 year contract without at least including a clause allowing him to speak to Champions League clubs should they come calling. Unless his agent is a dunce of course.

Much as i hate to say it, but If hasn't, then he should get a new agent.

I can't imagine that Fofana's one of our highest earners. So, selling him now wouldn't really benefit us significantly in this window. Schmeichel leaving is the one that does that. Of course, a hefty wedge would be nice but it would be better if we had it at the beginning of a summer window, not with 30 or so days left and definitely not in the overpriced sellers market that is the winter transfer window.

We can already spend money so we don't need the fee now, we just need to free up wages so we can add players without falling foul of FFP.

Little Wes will go eventually. He's destined for the pinnacle of the game. Oddly I kind of want it to be to a PL side as they're the biggest spenders. Real, Barca, Bayern or Juve will want a cut-price deal. Outside of Premier League clubs, maybe only PSG would offer us what we want but would he want to go back to Ligue 1 when he can go anywhere?

Wes stays, that has to be the most likely outcome this summer. Unless someone offers a fee so astronomical it's probable that we wouldn't get that amount for him next summer either. Then we'd also have to spend relatively big to replace him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

And Vestergaard that will teach Brentford to enquire about our players

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, Xanno said:

Posted from an instagram account Wesley follows…

8F2D0297-7A35-4957-908A-5228B7CD383C.jpeg

We all know how his move to us started. All knew this might happen but I reckon something has gone on at the very least. If we get a big fee we'll sell and that'll suit us but it's going to be messy in the interim.

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We all know how his move to us started. All knew this might happen but I reckon something has gone on at the very least. If we get a big fee we'll sell and that'll suit us but it's going to be messy in the interim.

Do we know how recent winter’s interview with cags was ???