Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

I'd rather we have Fofana than our current recruitment team have money to spend. The fact that Evans is a balding cripple, Cags is mental and offski, Amartey is at best a 4th choice and Janick is...well, Janick, makes it pure madness to lose at this moment in time 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

As I was saying yesterday - when we sold Maguire for a similar fee, we'd just finished the season in 8th. Since then we've built a new training ground, revamped the squad, and had two consecutive 5th place finishes & an FA Cup win. It's not all doom and gloom.

Difference being Maguire, we knocked United back, gave ourselves a season to let players settle in and then sold him the next summer. Strategically done very well. 

I have no trust in the clubs ability to pick the right player anymore sadly. Especially given the recruitment guy isn’t in situ until September 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

I'd rather we have Fofana than our current recruitment team have money to spend. The fact that Evans is a balding cripple, Cags is mental and offski, Amartey is at best a 4th choice and Janick is...well, Janick, makes it pure madness to lose at this moment in time 

That balding cripple cost us £3m a year after Man City bid £25m.... i'd say that's a decent indictment for our recruitment.

Cags might have had a pre season revival now he knows he's staying, you never know! 

Also that much money means we can replace Amartey and Vestegaard even if just with some really talented young signings.

10 minutes ago, sdb said:

This is where I'm at, defence was an absolute car-crash last season... was hoping for a good positive season but Fofana going doesn't leave me hopeful.

Nevermind though, we'll have £85m in the bank

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do you trust the club to re-invest this potential cash with our patchy recent recruitment record?

If you take that attitude then you don't believe in our recruitment model at all? With our model, when the big bid is made, it has to be considered. 

2 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

In the Chelsea section of SSN transfer section, Aubameyang mentioned and discussed,  nowt on Little Wes 🤷‍♂️

Thye had a specific discussion with Laurie Whitwell (sp?) from the Athletic on this topic this morning

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Difference being Maguire, we knocked United back, gave ourselves a season to let players settle in and then sold him the next summer. Strategically done very well. 

I have no trust in the clubs ability to pick the right player anymore sadly. Especially given the recruitment guy isn’t in situ until September 

The other difference is that there were obvious flaws in Maguire's game, despite him having some good qualities. We knew we would be better off pocketing the £80m - £85m. Fofana on the other hand has all the attributes to be genuinely world class and finding someone with half of his ability will be difficult enough.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That balding cripple cost us £3m a year after Man City bid £25m.... i'd say that's a decent indictment for our recruitment.

Cags might have had a pre season revival now he knows he's staying, you never know! 

Also that much money means we can replace Amartey and Vestegaard even if just with some really talented young signings.

The current recruitment team is not the same as the one that tracked Evans for 2-3 years though. 

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The other difference is that there were obvious flaws in Maguire's game, despite him having some good qualities. We knew we would be better off pocketing the £80m - £85m. Fofana on the other hand has all the attributes to be genuinely world class and finding someone with half of his ability will be difficult enough.

But will he play like a genuine world class player if his head has been turned. 

It's a catch 22 scenario. Sometimes you have to cash in IF and it's a big if, the right offer is on the table. 

For me a world record fee for a defender has to be considered. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

With the evidence, that we visibly improved with his return from injury. 

Keep him for a year. The club still looks defiant, upwards looking and ambitious. Let him leave we start to just look another Premier League team. 

Just now, RobHawk said:

It's a catch 22 scenario. Sometimes you have to cash in IF and it's a big if, the right offer is on the table. 

He has to play at the level. He’s here for five years. Just like the Mahrez scenario, his form dips, he’s here for another season/window

Just now, RobHawk said:

It is a tricky one. Knowing our luck we won't sell him, he'll get injured and we won't have him for the season after turning down £80million. 

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

I've just skimmed the last 5 or 6 pages and all it seems to be is people getting them selves into a twist and convinvincing them selves that we have already sold him based on a Sun-Chealsea article! Clearly the most reliable and unbiased source we have 

Despite us saying multiple times he's not for sale

51 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Money in the bank can't defend corners 

Money in the bank can help us buy players not only at CB but also potentially at RW. 

So technically it's a step towards helping us defend corners and improve the squad in general.