Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Would anyone accept £75m and Trevoh Charlobah? 

At this point it’s about bodies, so it has to involve a player plus cash if we’re going to do this 

4 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I've just skimmed the last 5 or 6 pages and all it seems to be is people getting them selves into a twist and convinvincing them selves that we have already sold him based on a Sun-Chealsea article! Clearly the most reliable and unbiased source we have 

Basically, you pick one of the following:

• We sold him for less than his value, and the money has been pissed on 3 Vestergards and a Bertrand
  • We didn't sell him, and his head is turned and he's going to spend all day joking about us on twitter
  • We didn't sell him, and he got injured and will drain our wages for 5 years
  • We sold him, and now we are relegated
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Money in the bank can help us buy players not only at CB but also potentially at RW. 

So technically it's a step towards helping us defend corners and improve the squad in general. 

But do you think we've got these lined up? We've a game on Sunday 

Everyone is assuming we get a shed load of cash and then go and buy someone to fill in. But isn’t it also possible that the overwhelming majority of the possible sale money just offsets debts and is not funnelled towards the playing squad? 🤔

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

But do you think we've got these lined up? We've a game on Sunday 

At some point yes. I'm aware there is a game taking place on Sunday lol

We have other CBs. Soyuncu and Evans are still adequate enough to cover like they did when Fofana was injured. 

I don't expect there to be signings before Sunday. Deluded if you think there will be. Even if there was, no time to register. I'm hopeful we've got some players lined up before the window shuts. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Everyone is assuming we get a shed load of cash and then go and buy someone to fill in. But isn’t it also possible that the overwhelming majority of the possible sale money just offsets debts and is not funnelled towards the playing squad? 🤔

I'd imagine the whole £85m won't go on new signings but even £50m could bring us in a centre back and winger. 

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'd imagine the whole £85m won't go on new signings but even £50m could bring us in a centre back and winger. 

Far more with amortisation, no-one pays the whole fee up front *

* excludes dumb ass Man Utd

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

50 million doesn't get you 2 first team acquisitions, it gets you 2 more squad fillers 

It could get one 1st team replacement.

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

50 million doesn't get you 2 first team acquisitions, it gets you 2 more squad fillers 

It could get one 1st team replacement.

I mean yeh, we've always done really well when we have spent a fortune on players. Fofana and Tielemans being the only decent signings that have cost alot of money. We ain't spending £50m on one player, ain't happening and never will. 

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do you think we would if we sold Wes and spent that money?

Nice swerve of my question. 

Player recruitment is difficult, I'd argue the success rate across the PL is less than 50/50 the fact we have players wanted for 80m+ and 60m+ says we get some stuff right.

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

With Colwill going to Brighton on loan, personally I think it makes the purchase of Fofana more difficult for Chelsea. We wanted Colwill as one of our main priorities, I still think from what I was told that he’s gone next summer and not this one. 

This would be the ideal scenario I imagine?   :dunno:

52 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That balding cripple cost us £3m a year after Man City bid £25m.... i'd say that's a decent indictment for our recruitment.

Cags might have had a pre season revival now he knows he's staying, you never know! 

Also that much money means we can replace Amartey and Vestegaard even if just with some really talented young signings.

....first, it is not the same recruiting team in place!!!

Second, Cags problems are all in his head, he has looked a lot more positive in pre-season, he has all the tools he needs to be a top-class CB, and he needs to not be afraid of taking on responsibility.

Third, With the money in our coffers, are you suggesting we pay off their contracts because there are no other ways of guarantying them going out the door?