Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I’d take Simpson back on a season long deal every day of the week 

Unfortunately, as great a servant as he was, he looked lost when he came back.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He came out yesterday and said he wants to fight for a starting spot with Lewandowski and that he had wanted to be at Barcelona forever so he isn’t leaving after 6 month

Won’t please Barca I guess, but who cares

Side note, but really looking forward to the absolute ****ing implosion that's coming Barcelona's way in the next couple of years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

We've said multiple times he's not for sale and he has just signed a 5 year contract. It's late in the window and the season starts on Sunday I very much doubt it

as a club we would prepare for every eventuality.  Players could have a career ending injury tomorrow. Everyone has a replacement already earmarked. But you are right in one aspect- if we can’t get a replacement in, we wouldn’t sell him..

I remember it was around this time last year (actually probably earlier) when fofana instantly became unavailable to us. As we will hopefully have learned from the Vestegaard signing this is a really bad time in the window to buy a panic replacement. Logically he wont go this window unless it is for an absurd price.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I remember it was around this time last year (actually probably earlier) when fofana instantly became unavailable to us. As we will hopefully have learned from the Vestegaard signing this is a really bad time in the window to buy a panic replacement. Logically he wont go this window unless it is for an absurd price.

He'll just do 'a Mahrez Mardy ' though!..

I can see it coming.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So with Cucurella (62m) that take Chelsea spending to 160m odd. 

Be surprised to see the spending another 85m, that's would be a whopping 245m in one window excluding other targets they have been linked with.

i got a little laughing emoji yesterday when i suggested they could spend upto 300m if deals for Cucurella, Fofana, FDJ & Kyle Walker Peters all went through which is all possible, its not like they edging their bets in 1 position, they all in different positions  2x WB, 1 CB & a midfielder.

When the guy took over he promised 200m, they are going to spend & & if that quality pushes him over i think he will go north of that 200m

Edited by BKLFox

The difference between this season and the last one is that Johnny appears to be fit again. We have a month to be patient, i’m not worried about Soy playing a handful of games and there’s even a chance he steps up for us again. 

if we can’t trust the club to replace him, then we were always going to be fooked eventually. 

On his own, wes wouldn’t pull us to success. 3/4 high quality signings with his transfer fee could. 

Chelsea look like morons, because he wasn’t even their top target yet their dropping their pants for him 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

i got a little laughing emoji yesterday when i suggested they could spend upto 300m if deals for Cucurella, Fofana, FDJ & Kyle Walker Peters all went through which is all possible, its not like they edging their bets in 1 position, they all in different positions  2x WB, 1 CB & a midfielder.

When the guy took over he promised 200m, they are going to spend & & if that quality pushes him over i think he will go north of that 200m

they're going to spend around £300m

they will take some monies in but doubt that will be much more than £60m although the loan deals do add up and they have a lot of players on loan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The difference between this season and the last one is that Johnny appears to be fit again. We have a month to be patient, i’m not worried about Soy playing a handful of games and there’s even a chance he steps up for us again. 

if we can’t trust the club to replace him, then we were always going to be fooked eventually. 

On his own, wes wouldn’t pull us to success. 3/4 high quality signings with his transfer fee could. 

Chelsea look like morons, because he wasn’t even their top target yet their dropping their pants for him 

what's interesting is that according to the sevilla owner, they were negotiating for kounde and then suddenly pulled the plug which left barca a clear run at a cheaper price.     did someone in fofana's entourage tip them the wink that they should have a go for him ??

Just now, coolhandfox said:

So if Chelsea rocked up and said 150m we would say no lol

Not realistic but just proving a point.

I genuinely think it would depend on who we could get as a replacement as at this point in the window it would be nearly impossible to get a decent replacement for anything less than an massively inflated fee as no one is going to want yo let them go this close to the start of the season. So I think he stays this year next year is a different matter

30 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The last time we sold a CB for 85M, Cags came in and was a revelation. With Evan's beside him, I think Cags can do it again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I genuinely think it would depend on who we could get as a replacement as at this point in the window it would be nearly impossible to get a decent replacement for anything less than an massively inflated fee as no one is going to want yo let them go this close to the start of the season. So I think he stays this year next year is a different matter

Incoming we accept a 90+ mill bid….

8 minutes ago, richard123 said:

Brendan also said we don't want to sell any if our assets. And the club are very strong on this. 

proof of the pudding etc etc

he can say what he likes to drive the price up

picking someone who could be injured in a competitive game is a different matter

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the news from the presser is that brendan could have said wes is 50/50 with his groin.  but he said that wes was training well ahead of sunday.  

so if he isn't in the squad on sunday ......

Won’t be passing a medical then!

37 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The last time we sold a CB for 85M, Cags came in and was a revelation. With Evan's beside him, I think Cags can do it again.

he’s more than capable and at his best is a very good player.  If there’s a decent defender around for 20m then the combo of evan soy and him (with big dan for emergencies) is fine. 

I personally question if a centre back is ever worth the type of money we are talking about because defending is something that on any day someone like huth can do as well as fofana. Rw on the other hand, something a bit special wins you more games. 

A real shame richards has already gone to place though. I would be very happy if we got all the dosh and a free loan of sarr though