Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers said he is not going , so if the club sold him anyway , Rodgers would be in an impossible situation.

This is my stance. Surely if they sell him this will potentially damage the relationship with Brendan… 

Guest Col city fan
9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

10m less than then Maguire!

8m more than Cucurella!

As I’ve said before, the markets not as it was. I don’t want us to sell Fofana! But I think 70 could make us think very hard, especially after the broken leg 

Chelsea will be back in for Fofana. They’ll properly test our resolve with something around the $80m mark. If the club accept, it will indicate finances are more of a concern than first thought as this might well strain the BR relationship to breaking point. Hope I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Biggles22 said:

Chelsea will be back in for Fofana. They’ll properly test our resolve with something around the $80m mark. If the club accept, it will indicate finances are more of a concern than first thought as this might well strain the BR relationship to breaking point. Hope I’m wrong. 

I'm not surprised, without fofana its going to be another very difficult season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggles22 said:

We have to get out of the habit of selling our best players and making our competitors stronger and making ourselves weaker. Except in the case of Mr Maguire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

We have to get out of the habit of selling our best players and making our competitors stronger and making ourselves weaker. Except in the case of Mr Maguire.

Why? It is absolutely a crucial way of working for clubs such as ourselves!  A club with such a low revenue compared to the fat clubs has to make significant money somehow, we cannot get to their level of revenue in the short term, if ever. Also these prospects such as Wes will always see us a stepping stone, and to prevent that means they do not come in the first place.

Its disappointing at times, but it is required 100%

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It’s our model! The idea is to make money on them and find the next versions. Or did you really think Fofana would be here for 5 years?

Just now, Chelmofox said:

It’s our model! The idea is to make money on them and find the next versions. Or did you really think Fofana would be here for 5 years?

I actually still have Mahrez still locked in my shed, what Man City have is a cheap knock off

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How do you justify Cucurella going for 62m? 

It’s certainly made me reevaluate what fofana is worth: 21 years old, was gonna be in the France team in the summer if it wasn’t for his wedding, quick and progressive with the ball etc etc. if Cucurella is £62m fofana has to be £90m minimum. No question.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Moving back to the real world… I have a sneaky feeling if they offered it, we’d accept 70 mill

The only way 70m would have been accepted is with some sort of deal with Colwill IMO, like him coming here for a season on a loan with them paying his wages and then we have an obligation to buy next summer at a slightly marked down price.

Just a straight up 70m definitely isn't going to be enough, I think at 75m we'd start to come round to the idea, but would still take a few more mill in order for us to accept. Roughly 80m is the magic number for me, especially as we rejected 62m outright.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why? It is absolutely a crucial way of working for clubs such as ourselves!  A club with such a low revenue compared to the fat clubs has to make significant money somehow, we cannot get to their level of revenue in the short term, if ever. Also these prospects such as Wes will always see us a stepping stone, and to prevent that mens they do not come in the first place.

Its disappointing at times, but it is required 100%

It would be a lot better to boost our development squad potential. Chilwell made a clear £50 million only a couple of years after succeeding Fuchs and KDH must already be a £25 million player. The more we promote the better , some can be moved on for a 100% profit. Our market successes are years ago now and my guess , at best after the sell on fee , we clear £35 million with Fofana, if we sell him now.

Guest Col city fan
10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How do you justify Cucurella going for 62m? 

That’s been pretty much the only surprising fee I’ve seen so far this window.

Would Chelsea go that massive for Fofana? We all hope so, but there’s generally a ceiling 

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

He’d struggle to get in a bottom of the championship team.

Seriously. Simpson was great but he couldn’t even get in the Bristol City XI recently. What a ridiculous suggestion. 😂

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

To be fair when we have sold our players the result has mostly made us stronger, the only exception Mahrez and Kante, following these sales I'd like to think the club learned a lesson and evolved to become stronger.

I just cannot see fofana being sold, it just doesn't strengthen us at all unless the fee is so large and we have another player lined up.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It would be a lot better to boost our development squad potential. Chilwell made a clear £50 million only a couple of years after succeeding Fuchs and KDH must already be a £25 million player. The more we promote the better , some can be moved on for a 100% profit. Our market successes are years ago now and my guess , at best after the sell on fee , we clear £35 million with Fofana, if we sell him now.

No argument on making use our own development to fund future purchases, facility and brand development. Fofana I am unsure on, just cannot Chelsea have the gall to buy Wes after recent outlays, but owner hubris is pretty evident in football club owners!! Part of me thinks he will injure himself again which is probably muddying my thinking. Still think there is a price which we will entertain.

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Did he say the same about Chilwell?

Yes

This is what he said today

Other departures?

I hope not. These players are not for sale. We need to move players out but it’s not getting rid of everyone and certainly not our best assets. It’s something the club are very strong on. James and Wesley are training very well and working hard for our game on Sunday.”

Prices that could prompt sales?

That’s down to the club. For me, I concentrate on football.”

I have emboldened what I think is important

brendan is stating the club position. If it changes then it changes. He’s not setting himself against the club. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2