Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It would be a lot better to boost our development squad potential. Chilwell made a clear £50 million only a couple of years after succeeding Fuchs and KDH must already be a £25 million player. The more we promote the better , some can be moved on for a 100% profit. Our market successes are years ago now and my guess , at best after the sell on fee , we clear £35 million with Fofana, if we sell him now.

I think we need to focus on the first team right now. The development team should be on the back-burner temporally.

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The only way 70m would have been accepted is with some sort of deal with Colwill IMO, like him coming here for a season on a loan with them paying his wages and then we have an obligation to buy next summer at a slightly marked down price.

Just a straight up 70m definitely isn't going to be enough, I think at 75m we'd start to come round to the idea, but would still take a few more mill in order for us to accept. Roughly 80m is the magic number for me, especially as we rejected 62m outright.

It will have to be a different player now as colwill as expected has gone to Brighton on loan with no option to buy 

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes

This is what he said today

Other departures?

I hope not. These players are not for sale. We need to move players out but it’s not getting rid of everyone and certainly not our best assets. It’s something the club are very strong on. James and Wesley are training very well and working hard for our game on Sunday.”

Prices that could prompt sales?

That’s down to the club. For me, I concentrate on football.”

I have emboldened what I think is important

brendan is stating the club position. If it changes then it changes. He’s not setting himself against the club. 

Really does indicate that Rodgers will not have much say on whether we sell any of our prize assets.

’That’s down to the club, not me’

Pretty clear there I think

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Really does indicate that Rodgers will not have much say on whether we sell any of our prize assets.

’That’s down to the club, not me’

Pretty clear there I think

As I have said Rodgers would be in an impossible position if the club chose the money over the best interests of the team. Would he resign............? 

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As I have said Rodgers would be in an impossible position if the club chose the money over the best interests of the team. Would he resign............? 

Not until he'd got another club lined up. Feels like the relationship between Brendan and the club has run out of steam.

Can’t see us getting any less for him in a years time. Tell him to knuckle down and we will listen to sensible offers  early in next summer’s window. Unless we can get in a quality replacement to sell now we would be shown a real lack of ambition from the club. We shouldn’t be disadvantaged because Chelsea have left this so late after failing to get their preferred choices in ? 

• Like 2

their owner is desperate to get their fans on side. I don’t think he will walk away. The one issue is that usually we already would have the replacement. That significantly weakens our hand as we would need time to find a replacement 

Guest Col city fan
9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Nope. I think he’s accepting of the situation 

I still feel we don’t need to be in this situation. Poor management this time by the club I’m afraid 

4 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

AF0748D2-A0C2-4552-9E57-3BC6EEE86610.png

Its stories like these, where i question every post no matter who it is. Sky sports is another thats slowly starting to lose its credibility all for the sake of views and £££. I wouldnt be surprised that no bid was even made, or its just an overblown no story.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Not until he'd got another club lined up. Feels like the relationship between Brendan and the club has run out of steam.

Agree. Rodgers has got his excuses in early so if we crash and burn he hopes that the media will say its not his fault eg saying in that interview with RL that he felt we needed 3 or 4 players but has to accept the club can't manage that financially. And now this comment about the decision to sell major assets not being his. He did the same at Celtic, claiming the board had not supported him, and used it as an excuse to jump ship to us.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

their owner is desperate to get their fans on side. I don’t think he will walk away. The one issue is that usually we already would have the replacement. That significantly weakens our hand as we would need time to find a replacement 

I would see this as weakening their hand I.e. Colwill was let go to Brighton which may have helped their cause. It looks like they cannot see the wood for the trees at CFC HQ

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

So let's add another 20m on and tell Chelsea you've given us no time to find a replacement.... 120m plz 🤣

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Where has this nobhead sprung out from. Can't go on Twitter without seeing his face.

Looking at his bio he claims to be a City fan but has spent the summer trying his best to sell our players.

Muted him ages ago, last post i saw was him wearing a Newcastle shirt. Leicester fan my arse

I think he's a gonner, it is just when, not if. If our price is £85M, and they're willing to pay it, let's just stop playing games.

Better for all parties if it is agreed quickly. Really hope we have someone else lined up so we don't end up playing silly buggers with teams who know we have a wad of cash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He’d be cheap, would play and bags of experience. One more injury and we’re done down the right side. 

We’d also be relegated. 

2 minutes ago, FoxTrott said:

I think he's a gonner, it is just when, not if. If our price is £85M, and they're willing to pay it, let's just stop playing games.

Better for all parties if it is agreed quickly. Really hope we have someone else lined up so we don't end up playing silly buggers with teams who know we have a wad of cash.

This is where the problem will be because Leicester know he’s going to go and Chelsea will end up paying what we want. The issue we’ll have is that the management at Leicester will not start negotiations for another cb until Fofana is out the door and it might be too late.