Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Guest Kopfkino
6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

There’s an embargoed part that someone can then report??????

Usually embargoed for publication at a later point and usually for the written media. Hence, you’ll often get some different lines or reporting in Monday papers

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Fofana does go to Chelsea....we should go for the next big thing to come from St Etienne, in 20 year old defender Saidou Sow.

What do you think of him @Ric Flair.

Apparently Liverpool are also scouting him.

After Fofana I'd expect them to be pig-headed about selling to us again.

• Sad 1

Just thinking that if we sell WES for 75 million , when u take out the 30 odd million we paid for him , then I spent 20-30 million to replace him , what’s the point , yes we clear 10 odd million but we lose a GUN player . Just my thoughts 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Just thinking that if we sell WES for 75 million , when u take out the 30 odd million we paid for him , then I spent 20-30 million to replace him , what’s the point , yes we clear 10 odd million but we lose a GUN player . Just my thoughts 

You're aware we get the money back we paid for him yes? So we have £75mill to replace him not 40.

You can't "take out" what we paid as if it's dead money.

A quick aside. Watching Saliba for Arsenal against Palace you can see why he was more highly rated than Fofana. There was a hugely mature steel in his defensive play. The guy didn't look like a vastly promising 21 year old, but the real deal already.  Can we put a cheeky bid in or do a Youri swap? 

7 hours ago, dannythefox said:

85m comes in he’s gone. Everyone has a price. I think he’d probably be worth more next season though. 

Probably but there’s a chance he has a year like Youri just had or worse yet, he suffers a serious injury like he did last season.

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

A quick aside. Watching Saliba for Arsenal against Palace you can see why he was more highly rated than Fofana. There was a hugely mature steel in his defensive play. The guy didn't look like a vastly promising 21 year old, but the real deal already.  Can we put a cheeky bid in or do a Youri swap? 

I did say Saliba is an exceptional young player…

The French have a ridiculous amount of top CB’s now. 

The wording of rodgers comments is revealing 

he speaks about ‘our valuation’.  He says the club has no need to sell our greatest assets.  If that’s the case then why is there a valuation?? Surely you would say ‘Chelsea have made a bid but the player is not for sale in this window - who knows about the future depending on circumstances’.  
its obvious that we have a valuation and if Chelsea meet it then the player will be sold.  A week ago his comment was that ‘fofana is not for sale - end of’. 

I’m not convinced we’ll see him play tomorrow - based on the public presser I was because I felt rodgers had backed himself into a corner by not using the groin injury as a possible non selection get out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Fofana does go to Chelsea....we should go for the next big thing to come from St Etienne, in 20 year old defender Saidou Sow.

What do you think of him @Ric Flair.

Apparently Liverpool are also scouting him.

Don't know much about him but now they've been relegated and the new season started,  I'm not sure when that would tip over in to failing a work permit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he speaks about ‘our valuation’.  He says the club has no need to sell our greatest assets.  If that’s the case then why is there a valuation?? Surely you would say ‘Chelsea have made a bid but the player is not for sale in this window - who knows about the future depending on circumstances’.  
its obvious that we have a valuation and if Chelsea meet it then the player will be sold.  A week ago his comment was that ‘fofana is not for sale - end of’. 

I’m not convinced we’ll see him play tomorrow - based on the public presser I was because I felt rodgers had backed himself into a corner by not using the groin injury as a possible non selection get out. 

Ball is in Chelsea’s court , if they bid plus 80m he will be gone.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There’s always a price. If Real Madrid came along with a £100m bid for Vardy tomorrow then we sell him. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

There’s always a price. If Real Madrid came along with a £100m bid for Vardy tomorrow then we sell him. 

You wash your mouth out with soap this instant. :mad:

You are of course correct, to think otherwise is a little naive as we just don’t have the financial might and footing to reject such amounts

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You wash your mouth out with soap this instant. :mad:

You are of course correct, to think otherwise is a little naive as we just don’t have the financial might and footing to reject such amounts

Just out if interest, how long is vardy contracted for?

I always expected kasper to go this summer as i did not believe the club would extend on his current wages and so he would find a higher paying berth

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

On the afternoon of the final day of the window would be a difficult one to accept for any of your ‘critical’ players. 

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I always expected kasper to go this summer as i did not believe the club would extend on his current wages and so he would find a higher paying berth

Next summer he’s out of contract 

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Expires next year(2023) but imagine he would extend or at worst case go to the US, certainly not sign for another EPL club

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

On the afternoon of the final day of the window would be a difficult one to accept for any of your ‘critical’ players. 

Next summer he’s out of contract 

Given the price of strikers i would expect the club to offer a 12mth extension