Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

He also covers his bases by not giving an interview

there are a lot of Chelsea fans who will be thinking that they are being ripped off 

he won’t want to go there with even more pressure than having a world record fee on his head brings 

saying what a great club we are, how happy is is here and still ensuring he goes to Chelsea will raise his standing with them 

Replacements lined up is a major simplification. Even if we gave permission to Chelsea to make an approach , it would take weeks to sort it out. We are still overloaded with players with no other loan agreements worked out. The likelyhood is we have no time to negotiate a proper transfer and just end up one major player short. Its obvious there was no plan to sell Fofana this year and we have not prepared for it at all.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Replacements lined up is a major simplification. Even if we gave permission to Chelsea to make an approach , it would take weeks to sort it out. We are still overloaded with players with no other loan agreements worked out. The likelyhood is we have no time to negotiate a proper transfer and just end up one major player short. Its obvious there was no plan to sell Fofana this year and we have not prepared for it at all.

Or we panic buy like we did last summer 

Or we buy someone like Sangare and drop wilf into defence when necessary. 

Had to laugh last night, was in the pub with two work colleagues both are Chelsea season ticket holders.  Both said, Is he any good?  They didnt have a clue about him?  I was in a dilemma thought, do I tell em the truth or do I tell em he is crap etc.  Unfortunately told them the truth, said if  you think Kante is good wait to you see this lad play.  Both are now hoping the deal gets done.

I think in my opinion it boils down to this. 

A) Have we identified a replacement that we can go for now, and successfully get.

B) Is Brendan satisfied with losing Fofana and not replacing him. 

C) The club concede that this season will be about survival, sell Fofana and we go again next summer with the new finance and have a proper refresh. 

For me, B and C are not viable options. So unless we’ve already identified a replacement, and we’re 100% confident a deal can be struck, Wes won’t be leaving. There is no way we leave ourselves exposed and unable to replace him, we’re not here to pander to Chelsea, not are we here to pander to Wes’s desires. He’s signed a five year deal, we’ve no obligation to sell and losing him will significantly weaken us. 

You wouldn’t sign up to be a donor, and then before you pass agree to donate your eyeballs to a billionaire just because it’s financially beneficial. 

• Like 2

got to be £100m + or he stays. he just signed a 5 year deal and should be expected to honour that for at least 2 years unless someone comes in with silly money + add ons. of course i would rather he stays but what can we do? 

We can say they're not for sale all we like but if we're going to be hampered from keeping up with our rivals on squad improvement then you can see why some of them will want to leave to further their careers.

We're in a short term pickle, hopefully it is only short term but these new FFP rules make the model of consistently buying low and selling high the only real plausible model, as well as a rich resource pool of academy talent.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

I know he's a quality player but like when we lost Maguire, I always thought CB is probably the easiest position to have to replace 🤷‍♂️ 80m would be great for him too, just a shame that once again we're strengthening a fellow PL team

If it was that easy to find quality CBs some teams wouldn't throw £60m+ for them. If I give to you today £150m to spend can you please tell me which quality CB would you sign for us to replace Fofana? 

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

If it was that easy to find quality CBs some teams wouldn't throw £60m+ for them. If I give to you today £150m to spend can you please tell me which quality CB would you sign for us to replace Fofana? 

Smalling

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We can say they're not for sale all we like but if we're going to be hampered from keeping up with our rivals on squad improvement then you can see why some of them will want to leave to further their careers.

We're in a short term pickle, hopefully it is only short term but these new FFP rules make the model of consistently buying low and selling high the only real plausible model, as well as a rich resource pool of academy talent.

Rodgers says the goal this season is still European places. We might be waiting on the results of the first four league games -- if we come out of it with at least 7 pts, then we have some momentum and it's worth keeping Fofana and fighting for a top 7 position. If we are headed to midtable mediocrity, maybe take the money and start planning for next summer.

Of course Fofana wants the move...more money, bigger stage, etc. He's not an idiot. But not being an idiot, he will also buckle down at the end of the window if he isn't sold. Seriously, if he plays like he did last season (or even in 45 minutes against Sevilla) he will go for over 100 million next summer, and Chelsea will seem like a bullet dodged for him when PSG, Real, and Pep come in for him.

• Like 1

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Rodgers says the goal this season is still European places. We might be waiting on the results of the first four league games -- if we come out of it with at least 7 pts, then we have some momentum and it's worth keeping Fofana and fighting for a top 7 position. If we are headed to midtable mediocrity, maybe take the money and start planning for next summer.

Of course Fofana wants the move...more money, bigger stage, etc. He's not an idiot. But not being an idiot, he will also buckle down at the end of the window if he isn't sold. Seriously, if he plays like he did last season (or even in 45 minutes against Sevilla) he will go for over 100 million next summer, and Chelsea will seem like a bullet dodged for him when PSG, Real, and Pep come in for him.

Chelsea are Real Madrid’s feeder club.. so he will get that move eventually 

5 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Sure. :thumbup: