Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Still think how the bid is constructed will be a important part of the negotiations. 

We will what hard cash, Chelsea are like to want clause.

No point it's being 85m if it has 20m worth of clauses based on Chelsea winning the league or CL.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Guessing this means a 'package' deal. 

£70m +lots of clauses and bonuses based on Chelsea's success. Or if Fofana plays at World Cup. 

That's the issue, we are going to want it to be just straight cash no clauses.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Focks said:

Smalling

Smalling is 32yrs old with a market value of around £8m if I'm not mistaken. Even if he agreed to leave Roma for us as a £15-20m signing he would have asked some shocking wages. 

I thought are plan as a team is to invest in younger players. We can have an experienced ageing CB as Evans but having 2 of them over 32yrs old it doesn't look an upgrade to me. 

Here's the thing. With Fofana and Kasper going, it gives us a bit of cash to hopefully play with, it increases our revenue and it frees up prob close to 200k in wages but our main issue still remains. 

If I'm counting correctly, even with those two gone, it brings our squad number down to 25 senior players so we still need to get rid of some folk before we get anyone in. I fully believe we will manage to move on some of the surpluses player (probably on loan) but I wouldn't be surprised if it was very late in the window. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Smalling is 32yrs old with a market value of around £8m if I'm not mistaken. Even if he agreed to leave Roma for us as a £15-20m signing he would have asked some shocking wages. 

I thought are plan as a team is to invest in younger players. We can have an experienced ageing CB as Evans but having 2 of them over 32yrs old it doesn't look an upgrade to me. 

Exactly, stop with this “proven premier league experience” rubbish. Our best players in terms of quality and profit have come from players who aren’t premier league experienced. Yes it doesn’t always work, but it’s our only way of competing.

There are some bad ones, but good ones have been really good…

Kante 

Mahrez

Fofana

N’Didi

Maddison

Justin

Chilwell (albeit our academy, but made a huge profit)

Vardy (yes we were in championship, but he’s proved himself in the prem)

Ricky P (until the injury crisis)

I am sure there are more, but with the Vestergaard and Bertrand debacle, we need to get away from that model ASAP… and get back to what we were doing, like Brighton have started to do

Let’s be honest, Wes is going…

If we sell him for £80/85m I would much rather Colwill have been part of the deal… that ship has sailed now unfortunately 

who is available realistically to replace Wes ?

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think how the bid is constructed will be a important part of the negotiations. 

No point it's being 85m if it has 20m worth of clauses based on Chelsea winning the league or CL.

Exactly! Chelsea ain't winning shit, they are miles behind Man C and Liverpool with or without Fofana. Not sure where their goals will be coming from as they don't have a consistent goalscorer for a start. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Here's the thing. With Fofana and Kasper going, it gives us a bit of cash to hopefully play with, it increases our revenue and it frees up prob close to 200k in wages but our main issue still remains. 

If I'm counting correctly, even with those two gone, it brings our squad number down to 25 senior players so we still need to get rid of some folk before we get anyone in. I fully believe we will manage to move on some of the surpluses player (probably on loan) but I wouldn't be surprised if it was very late in the window. 

As you said the main issue remains and it's bringing in the same quality replacements. Increasing revenue and freeing wages doesn't mean anything if we're going to play in Championship in 2023-24...

I think we're just doing circles as fans now and worry too much. I trust the board personally. Fofana and Madisson are not for sale this summer. 

8 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Exactly, stop with this “proven premier league experience” rubbish. Our best players in terms of quality and profit have come from players who aren’t premier league experienced. Yes it doesn’t always work, but it’s our only way of competing.

There are some bad ones, but good ones have been really good…

Kante 

Mahrez

Fofana

N’Didi

Maddison

Justin

Chilwell (albeit our academy, but made a huge profit)

Vardy (yes we were in championship, but he’s proved himself in the prem)

Ricky P (until the injury crisis)

I am sure there are more, but with the Vestergaard and Bertrand debacle, we need to get away from that model ASAP… and get back to what we were doing, like Brighton have started to do

Castagne as well. Proven prem have been Vester, Bertrand and Perez. All muck! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Exactly! Chelsea ain't winning shit, they are miles behind Man C and Liverpool with or without Fofana. Not sure where their goals will be coming from as they don't have a consistent goalscorer for a start. 

I think part of this is the new ownership showing they are willing to spend the cash. We don't even know the veracity of these numbers or how an offer is structured-- if we don't sell, then they can't say they weren't willing to spend, but we are just stubborn.

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

We are overspent on wages so that 200k isn’t all freed up. 
Rodgers tried to deliver a message yesterday- don’t expect anyone in. Assume that changes a little if wes goes but who knows ??

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That's the issue, we are going to want it to be just straight cash no clauses.

Utd caved in, in the end.

If they want him as much as is claimed they will to.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It would be a suicidal down grade.

Just now, st albans fox said:

We are overspent on wages so that 200k isn’t all freed up. 
Rodgers tried to deliver a message yesterday- don’t expect anyone in. Assume that changes a little if wes goes but who knows ??

I'm not expecting much. I honestly believe that we will try and tread water this season. Do what we can to finish mid table then start the rebuild next year. 

9 players out of contract next season. Big earners AND alot of dead wood. That's when the rebuild will start, that's the season that will define our immediate future. 

• Like 2

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think part of this is the new ownership showing they are willing to spend the cash. We don't even know the veracity of these numbers or how an offer is structured-- if we don't sell, then they can't say they weren't willing to spend, but we are just stubborn.

It makes me laugh when you read what Chelsea fans are saying. Things like he's not that good and leicester are being greedy. Fans of the big clubs are deluded. They think as soon as they bid for one of our players we should just accept it. They think clubs like us are greedy, failing to understand that putting huge fees on our players is the only way we can try to compete in the prem. If the financial disparity between the big clubs and the smaller clubs wasn't so huge, then we maybe wouldn't need to put large transfer fees on our star players. Clubs are clearly trying to make the most of our apparent financial issues but the club are standing firm which is great! This window has further highlighted the under handed tactics and bullying the big clubs do to everyone else to make sure thr status quo is restored and they can all keep their top 6 places! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm not expecting much. I honestly believe that we will try and tread water this season. Do what we can to finish mid table then start the rebuild next year. 

9 players out of contract next season. Big earners AND alot of dead wood. That's when the rebuild will start, that's the season that will define our immediate future. 

Pretty sure we can do better then that even if we lose Wes.