Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

I hope with all the hype around him, especially recently with big clubs linked to him, Nelson might come back and push for a place next season… doesn’t help us now admittedly 

Is he really going to go from playing in league 2 to the premier league and be good enough to push for a place in one season?

6 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I hope with all the hype around him, especially recently with big clubs linked to him, Nelson might come back and push for a place next season… doesn’t help us now admittedly 

He will be 19 next season, not many CB are playing in the PL at 19.

He need a couple of seasons out on loan, working his way up the league. 

36 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Exactly, stop with this “proven premier league experience” rubbish. Our best players in terms of quality and profit have come from players who aren’t premier league experienced. Yes it doesn’t always work, but it’s our only way of competing.

There are some bad ones, but good ones have been really good…

Kante 

Mahrez

Fofana

N’Didi

Maddison

Justin

Chilwell (albeit our academy, but made a huge profit)

Vardy (yes we were in championship, but he’s proved himself in the prem)

Ricky P (until the injury crisis)

I am sure there are more, but with the Vestergaard and Bertrand debacle, we need to get away from that model ASAP… and get back to what we were doing, like Brighton have started to do

Many of those markets have been closed off since Brexit though.

We wouldn’t have been able to sign Kante or Mahrez post-Brexit. Fofana also would’ve been touch and go as to whether he’d get a work permit or not, had he been signed 6 months later.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You talking like he had a amazing season last year, we had the 7th worse defence and considered 20 goals form set pieces. 

Statistically he wasn't even in the top 10 keepers in the league.

The blokes a Legend and has been great for us, but last season he wasn't great.

He'll be forgotten the moment Iversen catches a corner in his penalty area!!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You talking like he had a amazing season last year, we had the 7th worse defence and considered 20 goals from set pieces. 

Statistically he wasn't even in the top 10 keepers in the league.

The blokes a Legend and has been great for us, but last season he wasn't great.

How many errors on Kasper’s part though? Not as much the defense was culpable for conceding. Anyway, I feel Kasper is a damn site better than Ward and Iversen, and we should be ideally looking to bring a goalkeeper of a similar standard 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

How many errors on Kasper’s part though? Not as much the defense was culpable for conceding. Anyway, I feel Kasper is a damn site better than Ward and Iversen, and we should be ideally looking to bring a goalkeeper of a similar standard 

Kasper's lack of command was a big part of that problem though. Any defence would have been shaky with his indecision 

• Like 1

I love little Wes, and he could be the highest quality of centre back I’ve seen at the club, but if we aren’t selling at 80-90m and backing ourselves to re-invest that on a centre back, goalkeeper and right winger then what the hell are we even trying to be?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He will be 19 next season, not many CB are playing in the PL at 19.

He need a couple of seasons out on loan, working his way up the league. 

Yeah couldn't tell you the name of that 19 yr old French kid who came in the summer of 2020 and went on to surprise all of us.

Colwill had his loan stint last season and will now pretty much be a starter at Brighton. He's also 19.

1 minute ago, LVocey said:

I love little Wes, and he could be the highest quality of centre back I’ve seen at the club, but if we aren’t selling at 80-90m and backing ourselves to re-invest that on a centre back, goalkeeper and right winger then what the hell are we even trying to be?

Because we can get the same or better offers for him in a years time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadsEmil said:

Because we can get the same or better offers for him in a years time?

Can we? I don’t think anyone ever goes over 90 for him…and I think turning that money down now risks him being demotivated and we end up selling for closer to 50 in a year or two.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Or you might not? Tough call for the club, but these tough questions are ones we want really

We don’t get the same or better offer then he stays?

I do wonder if people read what’s going on. We have too many players, we are paying them too much money. Somebody (Kasper £140k per week-£7m per annum with one year left, options keep him here for a year let him walk out for free, or let him go with a net income/saving of £8m with £1m fee. ) has to go. 
Ideally Vesty,Hamza,Perez,Bertrand  plus any from Praet,Mendy,Soumare,) should have gone.but the interested clubs either can’t afford to buy them or can’t match the wages….

So gets to a point where squad needs reducing, nobody wants/can afford the latter group, but the clubs than can afford to buy, obviously want our best players…add Wes,Madders,Youri,Barnes to the list and pretty sure they could all be sold….If Wes goes, great as he is, and he will go at some point,and some point fairly soon….Ward is a Welsh international, Iversen is a Danish international…..and the club can’t justify replacing Kasper,so they won’t.

The owners are brilliant, prudent, and have stopped the “refresh” for all the right reasons….clearly Brendan has got his head around it, most people on here don’t seem to have.

Up the Foxes….let’s get behind the boys tomorrow, Wes or no Wes.

Finally the doom on here when Maguire left here was pretty intense, look what happened to him, could add Drinkwater to the list…..

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It is not guaranteed is it

Just as much as you can’t guarantee the same or better offer coming in? 

The club have a set valuation of him, he’s only going to get better, so I can hardly see it being any lower. 

• Like 2