Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

I’d already be looking at the availability of a top class RW behind closed doors if I was Brendan. Chances are unfortunately Chelsea come back with what we want and we could have our disaster position filled within the next 10 days. We have adequate cover in Cags for the next couple of games whilst we look for another CB.

1 minute ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I think we should keep him one more season, sell for £70m next summer. We could really start that rebuild. I think with Kasper’s wages gone, we should have enough to at least bring in a RW surely? A CB as well would do for this summer at least until January

Kasper’s wages only free up £6m. What winger that’s going to make a difference along with his wages are we going to get for that? 

• Like 2

Just now, Bert said:

Just as much as you can’t guarantee the same or better offer coming in? 

The club have a set valuation of him, he’s only going to get better, so I can hardly see it being any lower. 

A bird (ornithology, stop it already) in the hand is worth two in the bush (oh ffs) as the saying goes, so…

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Kasper’s wages only free up £6m. What winger that’s going to make a difference along with his wages are we going to get for that? 

If we pay a salary of 60k/week then the other 3mill is worth £15m over five years amortisation. 

but that assumes we aren’t doing anything else with kasper’s wages …

im still strapped in btw !

Edited by st albans fox

35 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Many of those markets have been closed off since Brexit though.

We wouldn’t have been able to sign Kante or Mahrez post-Brexit. Fofana also would’ve been touch and go as to whether he’d get a work permit or not, had he been signed 6 months later.

I don’t know if that’s the case although my only knowledge on that subject is football manager 😂 And 7-8 times out of 10 I get a work permit on them… so… don’t think it’s completely out of the question…

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If we pay a salary of 60k/week then the other 3mill is worth £15m over five years amortisation. 

Has it not been a bumpy ride with these two bids we’ve had for Fofana and the ongoing will he won’t he? 

The club are quite clearly balancing the books with Kasper’s wages, Rodgers even said yesterday, no incomings. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

How many errors on Kasper’s part though? Not as much the defense was culpable for conceding. Anyway, I feel Kasper is a damn site better than Ward and Iversen, and we should be ideally looking to bring a goalkeeper of a similar standard 

He didn't rank any more them mid table for most individual stats, for example he was ranked by 13th on goals prevented, it’s arguably the closest data has ever come to ranking the shot-stopping ability of goalkeepers.

When you are the 3rd highest paid keeper in the league you have to be performing like one.

You have to move on at some point.

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

85m would be a ridiculous offer to turn down. 

Don’t forget the sell on fee to St Etienne… so no, £85m would not be enough. He needs to go for £100+ now.

Theres no point to me in selling him now. 

It’s clear Youri is going at some point, so leave it at that. Wes is a rare accommodation he will end up being a world beater, for me as a business it would be stupid to just sell him now? When in 12 months we could sit back and watch multiple clubs fight it out to sign him. The figure he could go for could literally be ridiculous. It could really define what we could do as a club.

For me, Wes isn’t for sale, let Youri be the one to go, and then promise Wes a move in the summer, and just put the ball in his court, he goes out and performs and next season we could be selling him for well above £100m. 

Edited by Pliskin

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

We have got to cut costs, no way we are reinvesting Kasper money, it goes down as a costs improvement.

I suspect we will only see incoming if we bring in money for Tielemens, Vestigguard and somehow offload Hamza and Perez. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Renan has just been sacked by Pameiras for killing someone drink driving. Natan is the one, left footed CB, being raved about this year.

Jesus, saw Renan was without a club which seemed odd. Grim.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have got to cut costs, no way we are reinvesting Kasper money, it goes down as a costs improvement.

I suspect we will only see incoming if we bring in money for Tielemens, Vestigguard and somehow offload Hamza and Perez. 

Agree

kaspers salary was worth around 3.5% of our wage bill - quite a way to go yet ! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Yeah couldn't tell you the name of that 19 yr old French kid who came in the summer of 2020 and went on to surprise all of us.

Colwill had his loan stint last season and will now pretty much be a starter at Brighton. He's also 19.

Both have played at a high level, for at least one season.

There is a reason he gone to a league 2 side rather than a Championship side like Colwill and played in Ligue 1 like Fofana.

Have you watched him play? He isn't at there level at the moment.

Do you think if he was anywhere near the level of Fofana we would be loaning out to Rochdale?

Edited by coolhandfox

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Don’t forget the sell on fee to St Etienne… so no, £85m would not be enough. He needs to go for £100+ now.

Theres no point to me in selling him now. 

It’s clear Youri is going at some point, so leave it at that. Wes is a rare accommodation he will end up being a world beater, for me as a business it would be stupid to just sell him now? When in 12 months we could sit back and watch multiple clubs fight it out to sign him. The figure he could go for could literally be ridiculous. It could really define what we could do as a club.

For me, Wes isn’t for sale, let Youri be the one to go, and then promise Wes a move in the summer, and just put the ball in his court, he goes out and performs and next season we could be selling him for well above £100m. 

£100 is a bargain

6 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Feck me we're going to lose Kasper, Fofana and Youri in one window aren't we. 

3 top class players. We won't be able to replace them like for like. 

Please come away from the edge. We can talk about this. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

This guy has been linked in the past :whistle:

Four beautiful minutes of Josh Bowler rinsing players

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

Let’s be honest, Wes is going…

If we sell him for £80/85m I would much rather Colwill have been part of the deal… that ship has sailed now unfortunately 

who is available realistically to replace Wes ?

I hope we go down the French route again.

Lacriox

Nianzou 

Bade ( didn’t play much for Rennes )

Ndicka

Badiashile

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bert said:

That would be 115k per week. Thought he was supposed to be on more than that? Are you including employer's NI contributions as well and presumably some kind of pension contribution etc on top of that.

£6 million sounds to little to me unless he's not been on as much as people think.

Just now, reynard said:

That would be 115k per week. Thought he was supposed to be on more than that? Are you including employer's NI contributions as well and presumably some kind of pension contribution etc on top of that.

£6 million sounds to little to me unless he's not been on as much as people think.

He was on somewhere between 6m-7m, its been commonly reported as 130K a week.

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

£100 is a bargain

Exactly. I think 100 million which I presume is what you meant has to be the minimum figure and then I'd make Chelsea pay Wes's former club what they are owed too and chuck in a 20% sell on fee based on the actual sales figure and not on profit. Also all money paid upfront absolutely no installments or any other form of delaying payment.

Edited by reynard

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Has it not been a bumpy ride with these two bids we’ve had for Fofana and the ongoing will he won’t he? 

The club are quite clearly balancing the books with Kasper’s wages, Rodgers even said yesterday, no incomings

That would be an absolute joke. What the hell is happening with our finances??