Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Can someone give me an honest reason why we’d sell him this window?

We’d be able to get the same money, maybe more, next season as we would be able to this season?

Plus our wage structure it’s still really bad and I still feel that we’d only have enough in our budget to maybe buy one or 2 players even with the Fofana money.

If we can’t strengthen our starting 11 by selling Fofana, then don’t sell him.

Cause people on here are fearmongering saying we won't be able to get offers like this in the future and most importantly people are bored so they think 85m will magically buy us a 1:1 replacement as well as the next Mahrez

£70-75m is still relatively low for someone who's going to be top 10 CBs in the world for the next decade. He's genuinely twice the player Maguire was and far younger, so I'd not even blink at £85-90m to be honest. If they know how good he will be, they'll push to £100m. Otherwise, some other club will next summer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd cost £45-50m minimum

He would, I’d personally like Lacroix. He would probably cost less, he’s shown signs of being incredible and in a better team I think he would be an very decent player. He would probably cost between £20-30m perhaps.

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

If it was that easy to find quality CBs some teams wouldn't throw £60m+ for them. If I give to you today £150m to spend can you please tell me which quality CB would you sign for us to replace Fofana? 

Um no, because I'm not a scout. However we sold a quality defender for 80m and a year (or 2?) later we go and sign a guy for 30m who is probably better than the 80m guy. It's not impossible we can find a quality replacement for 20/30m again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Um no, because I'm not a scout. However we sold a quality defender for 80m and a year (or 2?) later we go and sign a guy for 30m who is probably better than the 80m guy. It's not impossible we can find a quality replacement for 20/30m again. 

It's not impossible but these things need planning and if we sell Fofana now or in 10 days there's no time to find a replacement. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Guardian journo speculating Chelsea will eventually go to £85m. 

Same tweet saying how do they it work? It would be a net spend of £200m plus 

they have more to buy too

their nett spend this window (taking into account the fifteen loan deals they have ongoing will probably be around £250m. The new ownership is making a statement, especially as they missed out on some targets already. 

27 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

We’d be able to get the same money, maybe more, next season as we would be able to this season?

Plus our wage structure it’s still really bad and I still feel that we’d only have enough in our budget to maybe buy one or 2 players even with the Fofana money.

Because the player pushes for a deal to be done and we’ve seen from experience that a player who isn’t 100% committed doesn’t generally work out well. The World Cup means we have him going all out until late October. Who knows what we get come Jan 

20 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Looking at it from the perspective of here and now. His stock is immensely high. Was phenomenal pre injury and came back equally as strong. Currently 5 years left on contract. All of which creates the perfect storm of holding all of the cards.

There is zero control if we sit around 12 months. So many variables. Both personally, performance, and club. Predictably in this world (outside of his obvious talent) is difficult.

It’ll be great if we can keep him. But realistically we have a player on our hands who is a class above. I equally don’t buy the argument he’d be better off here for another year. There isn’t a club he doesn’t walk in to. 

The fan in me wants him here. The realist in me appreciates we’ve had him here. Going to get lynched for saying this but would be pretty incredible watching him perform at the highest level week in week out.

11 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Just thinking that if we sell WES for 75 million , when u take out the 30 odd million we paid for him , then I spent 20-30 million to replace him , what’s the point , yes we clear 10 odd million but we lose a GUN player . Just my thoughts 

I suppose, using your maths, that would make that £20-£30m player effectively free.  As it stands we're £30m down on Fofana.

I agree though, I don't want to sell him, but if a player wants to go, often we have no choice.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We can say they're not for sale all we like but if we're going to be hampered from keeping up with our rivals on squad improvement then you can see why some of them will want to leave to further their careers.

We're in a short term pickle, hopefully it is only short term but these new FFP rules make the model of consistently buying low and selling high the only real plausible model, as well as a rich resource pool of academy talent.

....saying he is not for sale can be a "driver" for raising the price...!!!

• Like 1

People like Fab are a ****ing nightmare…. I hate it when he’s spewing his nonsense and putting “player is 100% keen on the move”…. I’m sure this adds pressure to certain situations by stirring the rumour pot. 

I hate this modern world of football. It’s shit, I know this is the most successful period in our clubs history, but I much preferred the simplicity of the 90’s, teletext was the place to get your transfer rumours…..

Fab is literally a Virgin sat in a loft wanking himself off whilst playing fifa ultimate team. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I suppose, using your maths, that would make that £20-£30m player effectively free.  As it stands we're £30m down on Fofana.

I agree though, I don't want to sell him, but if a player wants to go, often we have no choice.

Don't forget the 20% to St Etienne 

10 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It's not impossible but these things need planning and if we sell Fofana now or in 10 days there's no time to find a replacement. 

If we are doing our job then we will have had replacements lined up for a long time. Not a great amount of time to negotiate yes, but it shouldn't be that we are starting the process from scratch. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Looking at it from the perspective of here and now. His stock is immensely high. Was phenomenal pre injury and came back equally as strong. Currently 5 years left on contract. All of which creates the perfect storm of holding all of the cards.

There is zero control if we sit around 12 months. So many variables. Both personally, performance, and club. Predictably in this world (outside of his obvious talent) is difficult.

It’ll be great if we can keep him. But realistically we have a player on our hands who is a class above. I equally don’t buy the argument he’d be better off here for another year. There isn’t a club he doesn’t walk in to. 

The fan in me wants him here. The realist in me appreciates we’ve had him here. Going to get lynched for saying this but would be pretty incredible watching him perform at the highest level week in week out.

But the fact he walks into any team shows how immensely important he is for us.

We all know how good he is and if he wanted out this season then he shouldn’t of signed a new contract. The club wanting him to play another season for us won’t be unexpected to him.

If an offer of £100M comes in for him then bite their hand off, but we sold Maguire for 80 and Fofanas a level above.

I would imagine we have targets and will make a move when necessary. Had Tielemans and/ or Soyuncu left by now someone would be in to replace them. But there's no point replacing someone who hasn't gone and isn't guaranteed to go.

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

If we are doing our job then we will have had replacements lined up for a long time. Not a great amount of time to negotiate yes, but it shouldn't be that we are starting the process from scratch. 

I could be wrong but I doubt whether they have a clue who would replace him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCbwoi said:

But the fact he walks into any team shows how immensely important he is for us.

We all know how good he is and if he wanted out this season then he shouldn’t of signed a new contract. The club wanting him to play another season for us won’t be unexpected to him.

If an offer of £100M comes in for him then bite their hand off, but we sold Maguire for 80 and Fofanas a level above.

You’ve just answered your own question in your last comment. 

There isn’t a single player that doesn’t have a value. Irrelevant of importance. Football ultimately is a business. No getting away from it. 

As mentioned it’ll be a shame to let him go. But the balance sheet always takes precedent over the heart of a fan. Especially at clubs the size and stature of Leicester. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

People like Fab are a ****ing nightmare…. I hate it when he’s spewing his nonsense and putting “player is 100% keen on the move”…. I’m sure this adds pressure to certain situations by stirring the rumour pot. 

I hate this modern world of football. It’s shit, I know this is the most successful period in our clubs history, but I much preferred the simplicity of the 90’s, teletext was the place to get your transfer rumours…..

Fab is literally a Virgin sat in a loft wanking himself off whilst playing fifa ultimate team. 

Fabrizo is as ITK as anyone in the forum. How on earth do you think this guy makes a living? Agents/clubs/ players pay him to create their transfers, with Barcelona being his biggest employer. There is no other explanation. 

• Like 2

85 mil is a lot of money for any player that plays for us. This guy is so so good but we can’t compete with the teams paying this sort of money for our players. Getting 80 for maguire and possibly 85 for Wes is crazy will be a shame to see him go but if he goes hopefully we do get someone in to replace him. It won’t be easy to get someone at his level but we can still hopefully find someone that will be so a good job for us for the next years. 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s really not, and that there lies the problem. He’s very well connected in the football world.

in fact he’s so well respected in the football world that he’s probably accepting some cash to  to post things like “ 100% keen “. As agenst/ players knows it will reach the people  that  need to know it. 

and it’s a natural progression  in the age of social media really when you think about it… the influence that newspapers used to have on transfers can now be found online.

11 minutes ago, Stinky said:

...you would think so, but do not count on it!!!

We apparently were tracking Vestergaard for some time, you would have thought the due diligence would have been done!!

Do people really think that Romano is responsible for bidding clubs getting information 😂😂😂

he is there for fans - fans can put pressure on clubs so he serves a purpose 

rather than following all journos, fabrizio lets you know what’s being reported in one place - and yes he is informed aswell 

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

He’s really not, and that there lies the problem. He’s very well connected in the football world.

in fact he’s so well respected in the football world that he’s probably accepting some cash to  to post things like “ 100% keen “. As agenst/ players knows it will reach the people  that  need to know it. 

and it’s a natural progression  in the age of social media really when you think about it… the influence that newspapers used to have on transfers can now be found online.

So on that basis, he sits around and does this all day for free? 

5 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

So on that basis, he sits around and does this all day for free? 

He doesn't do it for free. I wouldn't even be surprised if some agent give him a few quid to put pressure on Clubs/Players in certain situations.