Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i might be mad but, i’d prefer to get 80m now, then 85m in a week or 2. We need to get this sorted one way or the other 

Rodgers is adamant Fofana is staying , if he goes this will be down to Top. His reasoning , we need to cut the salary bill and he is right. However if we then perform badly in defense , he will have to carry a lot of the can.

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

Daft question probably, but if Chelsea buy Fofana for £80 million and having already spent in region of £170 mill how does that work with FFP? They have not generated anywhere near that amount

Whatever they spend on fees is spread across the life of the contracts (generally five years)  

if they spend 300m the summer then you have to look at the last four years too

lets say that’s 500m

so 800m. That’s going to be 160m per season against their income. They turn over around 500m so that leaves them over 300m to spend on wages 

And that doesn’t allow for sales over the past 5 years- they have headroom to do it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We will buy a CB.

Problem is we will be left with so little time , it will be somebody's cast off or we will get stung for a good part of the Fofana money. Is it worth it? No it isn't.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Im just praying Cags steps up when we lose Fofana.

If we want to see Cags 'step up' we need to stop the incessant sideways nonsense, as I said in a thread the other day Soyuncu is a quality defender who loves to defend.

Unfortunately we won't be stopping the incessant sideways nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We better be getting a deal arrange before we sell Fofana. Still options out there if we are savvy enough. Can see Fofana going IMO, have faith the club will get the right deal. It’s the recruitment in that I’m worried about should he go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

If we want to see Cags 'step up' we need to stop the incessant sideways nonsense, as I said in a thread the other day Soyuncu is a quality defender who loves to defend.

Unfortunately we won't be stopping the incessant sideways nonsense.

Look how much better we were going forwards after wes returned …… he isn’t just a defender - he nips in to intercept and puts us on the front foot ….. if he was just a great defender then I could cope with him going …..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Of course, I’m just seeing price tags of £85 million and feel we could get that or more next season, so surely a no brainier to keep him for one more?

...by the sound of things they want him now, so this will be the right time to sell, we ask for whatever we want!!!

Just now, ARM1968 said:

As I have said, unless it is utterly ridiculous money we should just say no. It has to be £100 million plus. Just don’t see it and we will get that next summer, so no thanks. 

We may, he may get injured, he may become crapper, he may be distracted from having his head turned, he may turn into prime Maldini, it’s a difficult choice for the club and 85m is a world record fee and turning that down would be difficult.

• Like 3

Can I ask who will pay £90/£100m for a CB next summer ??  

unless we can drive an auction PSG/RM/ Chelsea then I’m not sure  - and surely the player will indicate a favoured destination to stop the others bidding ???

chelsea are desperate now …..

and the owner wants to show how great he is 

• Like 1

Chelsea will bid £80 Million and we will accept it this time, sneaky feeling we'll do it that, God to pray we buy two cb's, one to replace fofana another to cover or challenge Evans, cause Evans is definitely picking a injury up, Amartey is wank, Soyuncu don't know what happened to him and vestergaard could be going to

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask who will pay £90/£100m for a CB next summer ??  

unless we can drive an auction PSG/RM/ Chelsea then I’m not sure  - and surely the player will indicate a favoured destination to stop the others bidding ???

chelsea are desperate now …..

and the owner wants to show how great he is 

That’s how much Fofanas worth though, that’s how good he is. 

Top clubs are going to want a generational talent, whether it’s this season or next season. Whichever club he signs for, he’ll be at for at least 5 years. 

Even if we sell him, whoever comes in will not be as good as Fofana, so all we’re doing is weakening ourselves.

3 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

That’s how much Fofanas worth though, that’s how good he is. 

Top clubs are going to want a generational talent, whether it’s this season or next season. Whichever club he signs for, he’ll be at for at least 5 years. 

Even if we sell him, whoever comes in will not be as good as Fofana, so all we’re doing is weakening ourselves.

Agree with the last point because it has to be true 

I’m just not sure clubs will go past 80m for a cb …. and we can get more now   (Watch us take 80m now I’ve said this) 

Tough part to stomach is that our number one (remaining) centre back target has just left Chelsea and gone to Brighton on loan

That ought to cost Chelsea. But it’s also scuppered our plans a bit. 

I’m afraid I do tend to agree that we might have to sell and all our top targets have moved on. 

• Like 1

The best thing we can do is what's best for Leicester City, not Chelsea or Fofana. And what's best for Leicester City is that we reject ANY bids for Fofana, no matter the price. We can reduce the wage bill next summer when a load of contracts expire. We don't need to sell our best assets, we know who we need to move out and Fofana isn't on that list so he stays. He chose to sign for Leicester and he chose to sign a contract extension a few months ago, so if he wants to leave he only has himself to blame. I'd be utterly disgusted with the club if we sold Fofana this summer. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Anyone know how Bednarek played for Southampton today 😄

there's good and bad news on that according to my app

good - he was the best rated southampton defender today

bad - that rating 5.7/10

Last thing you want to do is disrupt further our already massively disrupted defence. Fofana stays for this season regardless of bid, cements himself, probably, as an even better CB and maybe next summer he goes to any team he wants who bids high enough. 

Would be potential suicide to sell him now without a defined defence. 

• Like 1

A lot of people talking about a bidding war next summer. Does that even happen anymore? Surely it's much more likely that clubs would match each other and then compete on wages for the player. Offering us an extra £10m won't make the player more likely to sign if he wants to go elsewhere 

Edited by chuck'em
Grammar
  • Like 1

Many people saying what if nobody will pay 80m for him next year.

Let's say worse case he isn't as good this year and we only get 60m. It's near impossible bar injury it will be less. This is still a better result given we have a season with our new head of recruitment to scout replacements. Also if no big team wants him next year we have 4 more years on his contract. 

Let's say he gets injured and his value drops. Same situation, we can keep him.

He literally could be the difference between 7th place and bottom half. Thats worth millions alone.

I guess the only situation we should sell is if he really kicks up a fuss. We don't want a player who really doesn't want to be at the club. Performance will likely drop, EG Mahrez.....

If we made any Gentleman agreement with him when he signed the contract then this could cause his upset. Otherwise he has no grounds to kick up a stink.

However this is on Rogers and the staff to manage him correctly if the bigger offers come in. In all business the best staff get approached by other companies, the man management is key, so far I don't see any real issues on this.

Time will tell.

Edited by richard123
  • Like 2