Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

19 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Tough part to stomach is that our number one (remaining) centre back target has just left Chelsea and gone to Brighton on loan

That ought to cost Chelsea. But it’s also scuppered our plans a bit. 

I’m afraid I do tend to agree that we might have to sell and all our top targets have moved on. 

Why do we have to sell? Is there a clause in his new contract. 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Indeed. For example, they believe they’ve won every trophy possible in the last 20 years. When I’m reality, they haven’t. 

They may have achieved this, BUT we do not have to sell.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Why do we have to sell? Is there a clause in his new contract. 

We don’t, the question is, as always, does it benefit the team/squad to do so (by allowing us to sign players) as it far too simple to judge the result of such a transfer on just the sale/loss of Fofana, it’s what benefit we could accrue from the generated funds. The very basis of the KP mode, and personally I am happy to just trust the club on this call.

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t but if they pay what we can’t refuse and the player is adamant he wants to go then it’s difficult 

Sorry Pal, he is under contract for 5 years. If he wants to go- then fine. BUT if we say NO, can he leave? Or am I missing something? I studied Contract Law when I lived in England, but may be things have changed??

• Like 1

Just now, mozartfox said:

Sorry Pal, he is under contract for 5 years. If he wants to go- then fine. BUT if we say NO, can he leave? Or am I missing something? I studied Contract Law when I lived in England, but may be things have changed??

No of course he can’t just leave 

but you need committed payers and you run the risk that post Qatar he won’t be 

also, the club will have to decide if they can’t ignore a certain fee 

• Like 1

I like how this thread has turned from "don't sell Fofana this summer, no matter the price" to "get rid of him as soon as Chelsea offer anything over 80m"

We won't magically sign a world beater RW or even replace Fofana with anyone of just remotely the same ability with that money. Do you not trust Fofana to show his levels next season or why are we all of the sudden so desperate to get rid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

So LCFC can be bullied by a player under contract. Got it.  Can he go on strike for 5 years? The Fee is only acceptable IF we can replace this within this window without getting ripped off.  Screw Fofana, Leicester stood by him and we need to to ensure WE are not harmed by tantrums or BS put out by Romano and the Daily Fail and the Sun.

• Like 2

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Not good enough IMO. I want at least 3x what we paid for him which would take it to 110m. I want it like the Maguire deal with most of that upfront too.

Don’t think those numbers are currently achievable with CB’s personally.

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

85 million for a kid with a broken leg and a loyalty defect is a risk....

Excuse me but were you not watching him when he came back last season? I thought it was pretty unanimous that he's looking better than before his injury

• Like 3

He's one of the best CBs in the world already, at 21 years old, with 5 years left on his contract. They can offer whatever the hell they want, turn it down.

Edited by Mark_w

Just now, Mark_w said:

He's one of the best CBs in the world, already at 21 years old, with 5 years left on his contract. They can offer whatever the hell they want, turn it down.

No RW for you then, we will need to stick to 532…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No RW for you then, we will need to stick to 532…

I definitely wouldn't take a RW for the sake of us needing a RW over keeping a footballer who we already know is one of the best players around in a position that's frankly more important. We played 5-3-2 for chunks of our 5th place finishes, we won the FA Cup playing 5-3-2. We've got a decent young striker who needs minutes if he's going to develop into the player he could be, who wouldn't get them in a 4-3-3. Not saying it's the ideal, but it's not a problem we should sell our best player to try and fix.

If you'd rather we spend a lot of money on a RW who could very feasibly end up just being a Ghezzal or an Under, rather than keep Wes Fofana then you're too worried about signing people.

Edited by Mark_w

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Agree with the last point because it has to be true 

I’m just not sure clubs will go past 80m for a cb …. and we can get more now   (Watch us take 80m now I’ve said this) 

It doesn’t have to be true, because you could use that money to buy a CB and a RW. 

So whilst you weaken one area, it’s about the overall. Just as it was when we sold someone like Mahrez.

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

City can't lose on Fofana, he might be dissapointed not to get the move but I'm sure he's sensible enough to know he'd need to get his head down and give his all for the season to get his opportunities next season, and if he isn't committed the last half of the season he gets dropped and will still fetch a lot more than we paid for him