Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

At this point in the transfer window we won’t sell unless it’s for £100 million. The fee next summer would be lower than the fee this summer due to how late it’s been left in the transfer window. Still firmly believe he’s going nowhere this summer. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It doesn’t have to be true, because you could use that money to buy a CB and a RW. 

So whilst you weaken one area, it’s about the overall. Just as it was when we sold someone like Mahrez.

I take your point but I believe that wes provides the aggression to push us forward and without him we are too passive in possession - hence by the time a RW gets the ball the opposition are set anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I definitely wouldn't take a RW for the sake of us needing a RW over keeping a footballer who we already know is one of the best players around in a position that's frankly more important. We played 5-3-2 for chunks of our 5th place finishes, we won the FA Cup playing 5-3-2. We've got a decent young striker who needs minutes if he's going to develop into the player he could be, who wouldn't get them in a 4-3-3. Not saying it's the ideal, but it's not a problem we should sell our best player to try and fix.

If you'd rather we spend a lot of money on a RW who could very feasibly end up just being a Ghezzal or an Under, rather than keep Wes Fofana then you're too worried about signing people.

That was not my point, people focus too much on one player, no single player will improve things to the degree required, we need several positions after deadwood is moved on later in the window, and to do that we need two things, several deadwood out and money to improve areas of the squad. If we can do the second bit without selling Fofana, then I am all for it. I just am not sure we can with sales we make outside of Wes.

17 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

He's one of the best CBs in the world already, at 21 years old, with 5 years left on his contract. They can offer whatever the hell they want, turn it down.

:appl:Absolutely. 5 year contract. We LCFC, decide when to sell and the amount, not Chelsea, not Romano, not The 2 Muppets on Sky. Some on here think we have to sell because Fofana is not happy…. Really???

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Honestly. Some thinking he’s valued into the top five fee’s ever. Boulder dash. 

Transfer fee's have very little in common with how good a player is though. Available funds of the buying club + length of contract + player age + financial situation of selling club = high transfer fee. It is almost impossible to buy a highly talented young player on a long contract from another PL side. Fofana situation is pretty much a perfect storm to extract a high fee.

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

:appl:Absolutely. 5 year contract. We LCFC, decide when to sell and the amount, not Chelsea, not Romano, not The 2 Muppets on Sky. Some on here think we have to sell because Fofana is not happy…. Really???

Exactly! Just cos idiots like Romano say he's unhappy, only Brendan and people at the club will know how he feels. If brendan feels he's that unhappy that he'll cause a problem if he stays then we will sell for £85m. If brendan feels we will still get the best of him for another year then Chelsea can f off and we cam sell him to Real or Farce next summer, when we'll be in a better position with the squad size and wage bill to actually get in some decent players as replacements. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

You would have dealt at 60m wouldn't you? 😆 

No-one said that. 70 is a discussion, 80 is possibly a deal. :dunno:
Do people really think it is some sort personal slight or something?  lol

17 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Honestly. Some thinking he’s valued into the top five fee’s ever. Boulder dash. 

Transfer values have continually increased. He is one of the best CBs in the world. He has 5 years left on his contract. He is 21. If you would accept less than Villa got for a 24/25 year old winger with less than 20 top-flight goals in his career then that's your problem. Someone at some point in the next few years will want Fofana enough to pay a fee that large, and if they don't then we should keep him. Still having him when Evans starts to wind down could easily be the difference between us becoming a comfortable top half side that competes for European football every year versus having to worry about relegation. We saw the position we could be in with neither of them, why take a risk on our recruitment when we have an unbelievable player tied down to us for 5 years. He is absolutely worth a fee well in advance of £100m to us, it would be stupid to take less.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Transfer values have continually increased. He is one of the best CBs in the world. He has 5 years left on his contract. He is 21. If you would accept less than Villa got for a 24/25 year old winger with less than 20 top-flight goals in his career then that's your problem. Someone at some point in the next few years will want Fofana enough to pay a fee that large, and if they don't then we should keep him. Still having him when Evans starts to wind down could easily be the difference between us becoming a comfortable top half side that competes for European football every year versus having to worry about relegation. We saw the position we could be in with neither of them, why take a risk on our recruitment when we have an unbelievable player tied down to us for 5 years. He is absolutely worth a fee well in advance of £100m to us, it would be stupid to take less.

Totally missing the point if you are looking to sell

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Totally missing the point if you are looking to sell

Why would we be looking to sell a player we gave a 5 year contract to two months ago? I'm sure we knew our financial situation then.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Why would we be looking to sell a player we gave a 5 year contract to two months ago, I'm sure we knew our financial situation then.

Stronger bargaining position? It’s not unusual at all

We may not have planned to sell this year, but we would have foresaw it at some point

Edited by Dahnsouff

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Stronger bargaining position? It’s not unusual at all

We may not have planned to sell this year, but we would have foresaw it at some point

It doesn't exactly scream 'looking to sell' either way does it?

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Koulibaly off injured. Not sure if it was just cramp.

May make Chelsea a tad more desperate if it is a proper injury.

To be fair looking at the fat lump he’s turned into, and seeing Silva get left for dead on several occasions… they need two of wes! 

Just now, Mark_w said:

It doesn't exactly scream 'looking to sell' either way does it?

No, for sure looking from the outside without context, but we do have form for for screaming ‘not for sale’ and then relenting once our acceptable price point is reached

In my mind, he is a generational talent and nothing would make me happier than if he stayed, but I could see it happening and nothing said or done so far would suggest an outcome is decided

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

No, for sure looking from the outside without context, but we do have form for for screaming ‘not for sale’ and then relenting once our acceptable price point is reached

In my mind, he is a generational talent and nothing would make me happier than if he stayed, but I could see it happening and nothing said or done so far would suggest an outcome is decided

Oh for sure I could see it happening, I'm just saying there's absolutely no reason we should be supporting him going for anything less than £100m plus, he is worth a ton more than Maguire was, he's worth more than Grealish was, we are in a position of strength, we'd have every right to be disappointed in the club and what it said about our ambitions if they accepted anywhere in the region of £70-90m for him.