Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Maybe if these clubs bought the players outright from the original club instead of letting the riff raff like us take them and bed them into the league they might save some money?

I know this bloke is a Twitter nob but the wider point stands.

• Like 3

It’s kind of win win for us at this point (assuming we have a replacement lined up). They’re desperate, if he goes we get top dollar, if he stays we have a fantastic player for another year. 

Roll on Brentford. 

10 minutes ago, melrose said:

After the best part of a season he was out of action, through no fault of his own

all through that long period the club nursed him back to fitness, with all the fans love and best wishes, and still picked up big wages throughout

Now he's back after a short stint last season, there is no loyalty payback. "Get me out of here quick"

Am I out of touch by thinking he should be a bit more loyal?

I think the point is that nobody (on here) actually knows what he is thinking unless they have directly spoken to him. It is very possible he is open to a move, but that doesn't mean ye us pushing for it or being unloyal as he could also be very happy to stay. But if the club accept an offer also happy to go

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, melrose said:

After the best part of a season he was out of action, through no fault of his own

all through that long period the club nursed him back to fitness, with all the fans love and best wishes, and still picked up big wages throughout

Now he's back after a short stint last season, there is no loyalty payback. "Get me out of here quick"

Respectful I'd say. Can't blame him for wanting that move but when the club says we can't do it, it will harm us and we will look at it next year, you'd expect him to crack on.

• Like 4

only chelsea are saying the player is very keen to move which is BS! There just spinning the narrative to help them get a deal done. Rogers has already said he sat down with foffana and told him straight he’s a really good player that’s very appreciated and loved at Leicester. However he has the potential to become great in the future but not just yet. Stay another 12 months and have all the choices he desires plus he will earn more too. Rushing to Chelsea might be a mistake. He should aim for his beloved Madrid next season if that’s what he really wants. 
If he wants to force his way into the French WC squad he should play an outstanding season with Leicester as a regular not a bench warmer at Chelsea.

now if Chelsea are so separate they are willing to go upto a 100 million we are having a different discussion then.

5 hours ago, woznotwos said:

I don’t get it. He’s under contract pay the money or do one. We don’t want to sell. Spend 90 million on a regular french first teamer  then and stop pestering us. Entitled tosspot!

Not sure they are entitled or just plain stupid. Clearly, this lad doesn't understand finance and football. Plastic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

only chelsea are saying the player is very keen to move which is BS! There just spinning the narrative to help them get a deal done. Rogers has already said he sat down with foffana and told him straight he’s a really good player that’s very appreciated and loved at Leicester. However he has the potential to become great in the future but not just yet. Stay another 12 months and have all the choices he desires plus he will earn more too. Rushing to Chelsea might be a mistake. He should aim for his beloved Madrid next season if that’s what he really wants. 
If he wants to force his way into the French WC squad he should play an outstanding season with Leicester as a regular not a bench warmer at Chelsea.

now if Chelsea are so separate they are willing to go upto a 100 million we are having a different discussion then.

He won’t be a bench warmer at chelsea - did you see their back three this evening ?

koulibaly will take time to settle into the intensity of the league

silva is a rolls Royce but his engine can only be started once a week without him needing to spend some time in the garage.

azpi is not a CB 

they are desperate - infact, they need more than wes !  If they spend £90m on wes rather than £110m on two quality CB’s then they’ve made a big mistake imo  

chalobah and ampadu clearly aren’t trusted enough 

I know cucarella can cover LCB but that’s not his natural position. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, melrose said:

He signed a 5 year contract to ensure we get max sale value. That's as much as we can hope for.

7 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

That spotty little sad bastard from Italy does a lot of stirring too. I hear Potter had a dig at him during his interview? 

9 hours ago, Corky said:

Maybe if these clubs bought the players outright from the original club instead of letting the riff raff like us take them and bed them into the league they might save some money?

I know this bloke is a Twitter nob but the wider point stands.

And completely ignoring it was his club that started this, when they spent a small fortune on the links of Damien Duff lol

The desperation to see him leave on here is bordering on hysteria. Post after post of jumping through hoops to think of any or every reason this should happen. If the thinking that this was a way to help the clubs difficult financial position I could sort of understand it. However if the reasoning is we would then have money to spend on some teenage wide man with two left feet I would suggest that is crazy. If he does leave ,we are going to have to spend big to replace him.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 2

Guest Col city fan
47 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The desperation to see him leave on here is bordering on hysteria. Post after post of jumping through hoops to think of any or every reason this should happen. If the thinking that this was a way to help the clubs difficult financial position I could sort of understand it. However if the reasoning is we would then have money to spend on some teenage wide man with two left feet I would suggest that is crazy. If he does leave ,we are going to have to spend big to replace him.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. And if this ‘issue’ is primarily about wages, don’t forget Wes is on relatively low wages for a player in his ‘bracket’.

If we sell him, we must replace him with somebody good and it’s likely they’ll want paying a lot more that what Wes is on.

Of course, the transfer kitty could be shifted to help the wage budget if he does get sold. But the point remains.

Regarding your point about hysteria, I don’t think I’ve seen a worse summer for that on FT, apart from when we were being linked with Cambiclasso. There are so many huge assumptions being made about players wishes, views and opinions, with none of us seemingly knowing anything about the subject. 

Edited by Col city fan

49 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I don't think a good chunk of our fanbase has developed mentally at the same rate of the club.

There is a major major inferiority complex in the stands and on the forums which Top, Rodgers, Maddison, Youri, Evans etc simply don't have. They perceive themselves as elite. The chunk of our fans are still submissive, with a self perception of a Norwich/West Brom/Middlesbrough. 

56 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Exactly this! 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't think a good chunk of our fanbase has developed mentally at the same rate of the club.

There is a major major inferiority complex in the stands and on the forums which Top, Rodgers, Maddison, Youri, Evans etc simply don't have. They perceive themselves as elite. The chunk of our fans are still submissive, with a self perception of a Norwich/West Brom/Middlesbrough. 

Think you have a point, especially with stuff like the ever obliging threads. Sign of a tinpot, inferior mentality.