Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

His body language today before the game and coming off at half time and out again after half time was shocking.  Reminded me of a little kid with the strop because you've told them youre not buying them the toy they want. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Milky said:

Was wearing a Chelsea top under his Leicester shirt

You know what, you say that in jest, but I wouldn't have been surprised at all if his header that hit the post had gone in, that he would have took his shirt off to show some kind of message on a shirt underneath saying please release me let me go!

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Amartey was at fault for both their goals though. Lost Toney for their first, then didn't close down for their second. I know Amartey has become a bit of a cult hero for some fans but no way should he be playing in front of Cags. 

Isn’t that a remembered Cags though? As no-one even sees him now, contemporary Cags is a total unknown.  :dunno:

After today and Fofanas recent online silence about the club I'd sell him. 

We would need CHO's signature but permanant plus the £85-90 million.

I'd much rather buy 2/3 quality players and be done with someone who doesn't want to be here. Plus we need the cash, it's evident.

I was hacked off about this chelsea interest up until yesterday, but sod it. Sell/buy/send the rest to the U21's

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Amartey was terrible today. Wesley wasn’t great, either tbh.

Wes was fine 

a couple of errors but not near the level of amartey 

incidentally, his body language was not that of a player who thinks he’s leaving - on the contrary, imo it makes it more likely that we’ve told him he simply isn’t leaving this window 

if he was confident that Chelsea would be buying him then he’d have exhibited better body language. Whether his agent has told him to behave in this manner I wouldn’t have a clue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

After today and Fofanas recent online silence about the club I'd sell him. 

We would need CHO's signature but permanant plus the £85-90 million.

I'd much rather buy 2/3 quality players and be done with someone who doesn't want to be here. Plus we need the cash, it's evident.

I was hacked off about this chelsea interest up until yesterday, but sod it. Sell/buy/send the rest to the U21's

I’m sure that if we stand our ground then it blows over once the window is shut or it’s clear to him that he won’t be sold because Chelsea won’t stump up the money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Amartey was at fault for both their goals though. Lost Toney for their first, then didn't close down for their second. I know Amartey has become a bit of a cult hero for some fans but no way should he be playing in front of Cags. 

They are both as shit as each other tbf. Soyuncu has been good for 3/4s of one season since hes been here and people go on like hes prime Paolo Maldini. 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

They are both as shit as each other tbf. Soyuncu has been good for 3/4s of one season since hes been here and people go on like hes prime Paolo Maldini. 

I'd still take Cags over Amartey every day of the week and twice on a Sunday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

Poor today gave the ball away for their 2nd and got caught under the ball for the sitter Toney missed.

Rolls Royce of a player who got caught up in our collective meltdown after Frank’s first double substitution.

Yes he made mistakes in that last 25 mins, but IMO was the best player on the pitch until then.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Of course he was pissed off -

but so was the rest of the team 

team mates on the touch line and staff tried to shake his hand and speak to him but he wasn’t having it and side stepped them 

His reaction to missing that chance. His reaction to us conceding both goals were also of a player who wanted to do well. You can look at it both ways. Perhaps he wants the move but that result and last 20 minutes had me wanting to storm out from where I was sitting. The substitution left him quite open and he has every right to be annoyed at the way we let them back in. 

Im not saying you are wrong but it could be argued he wasn’t a player who didn’t want to be here based on the other reactions today. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

His reaction to missing that chance. His reaction to us conceding both goals were also of a player who wanted to do well. You can look at it both ways. Perhaps he wants the move but that result and last 20 minutes had me wanting to storm out from where I was sitting. The substitution left him quite open and he has every right to be annoyed at the way we let them back in. 

Im not saying you are wrong but it could be argued he wasn’t a player who didn’t want to be here based on the other reactions today. 

Yes I thought exactly the same thing 

Think a few on here are looking a bit much into it.

He's a 21 year old and the game didn't end well for him or the team. Natual he'd be pissed off.

Personally thought for the most part he looked absolutely fantastic. As he generally always has.

My stance hasn't changed. Anything less than £90m and we should keep hold of him. It's not like we can sign a replacement.

Let him go next summer for 80+m and let that fund the proper rebuild.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

To ignore and dodge around staff members trying to acknowledge you leaving the pitch is plain rude ….. of course he wants to do well - he’s a pro footballer and once the game is underway the competitive nature which has taken him to that level takes over completely.  If he is still here come sept 1st then I have no concerns that he will give his all throughout the season. 

Again it means nothing but he ambled off at half time too - just ahead of Castagne who had about twenty yards more to cover. 

wonder if we’ll get a tunnel cam to see his demeanour on his way to the dressing room both times? 

I didn’t see the warm up - was he fully engaged?  assume he would be to ensure he was fully loosened up. 

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Amartey should be nowhere near the starting 11. We all like him as he's been here for ages and he's okay as a squad filler but he isn't anywhere near the level required and it cost us 2 points today.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Amartey should be nowhere near the starting 11. We all like him as he's been here for ages and he's okay as a squad filler but he isn't anywhere near the level required and it cost us 2 points today.

Let's be honest, our complete rubbishness in the transfer market means our options our limited. He should be moving on this summer. But because of a complete lack of forward planning and terrible signings we've played him 

6 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Yeh we can get 90-100m for him sell him and improve this squad and get a new manager while we are at it too because today was yet again all down to his terrible tactical brain 

Yeah let's get Poch who somehow managed to make Messi and Neymar look like Rachid Ghezzal and Diabate

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Let's be honest, our complete rubbishness in the transfer market means our options our limited. He should be moving on this summer. But because of a complete lack of forward planning and terrible signings we've played him 

True. When you get to the first game of the season and a Daniel Amartey is starting in defence you know the recruitment team have had a shocker. I'm not even blaming Amartey, we all know his limitations and he's well liked as a bit of a cult hero.  He gives his all and is an honest professional.  He just isn't good enough and doesn't have the quality to be a starting defender in a team that wants to do anything other than hopefully finish mid table.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

To ignore and dodge around staff members trying to acknowledge you leaving the pitch is plain rude ….. of course he wants to do well - he’s a pro footballer and once the game is underway the competitive nature which has taken him to that level takes over completely.  If he is still here come sept 1st then I have no concerns that he will give his all throughout the season. 

Again it means nothing but he ambled off at half time too - just ahead of Castagne who had about twenty yards more to cover. 

wonder if we’ll get a tunnel cam to see his demeanour on his way to the dressing room both times? 

I didn’t see the warm up - was he fully engaged?  assume he would be to ensure he was fully loosened up. 

Absolutely it was. However, he has every right to be annoyed at how the tactical and lack of tactical know-how cost it for him. Wes and the others were left wide open. He was probably walking off thinking which one of you idiots came up with that ? Was it the same idiot who said give us Vestegaard.