Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

But then again all of our 19 y.o. academy players are too young , not ready yet and should go out on loan for a couple of years. If they play for any other club then of course they are ready for the PL. Absolutely no consistency here.

Colwill has already had a successful loan though. Also Chelsea's academy is a couple levels above ours.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

But then again all of our 19 y.o. academy players are too young , not ready yet and should go out on loan for a couple of years. If they play for any other club then of course they are ready for the PL. Absolutely no consistency here.

I'd argue that next summer when Ben Nelson is 19 and if he's got a years good experience in the Championship then he'd be no different. One of the issues we have is we aren't getting our academy players put on loan at a decent standard early enough or putting faith in them playing for us from the off before they are 21.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Being proven at PL level is an absolute myth anyway.

So you know he’s good enough to play at the top level Ric? Big jump from playing the likes of Derby and Sheff Utd to playing Spurs and Man City

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So you know he’s good enough to play at the top level Ric? Big jump from playing the likes of Derby and Sheff Utd to playing Spurs and Man City

Yes I'd say he is based on being one of the best young players in the Championship last season, highly regarded for England U19's who recently won the Euros and from an academy that produces so many good players who have followed a similar path at his age (Tomori, Livramento and Guehi being just 3 Chelsea defenders who have proven themselves at the top level in recent seasons).

• Like 2

I’m pretty relaxed on this one which is all down to the club and how well they’ve managed this situation. I’m pretty sure we’ll tell Chelsea to do one with out ‘over the top’ valuation of Fofanna. The ink is still wet on his latest contract and we won’t be letting him go for anything south of £70m. 

IF Chelsea do decide that he’s worth it (he is worth it btw. I’d pay £100m for him now if I was them). We’ll have the money to bring in 3 or 4 players and hopefully be able to move some dead wood on. 

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes I'd say he is based on being one of the best young players in the Championship last season, highly regarded for England U19's who recently won the Euros and from an academy that produces so many good players who have followed a similar path at his age (Tomori, Livramento and Guehi being just 3 Chelsea defenders who have proven themselves at the top level in recent seasons).

So you don’t really know then?

Fofana is already rated as one of the best young CB’s in world football. 
Colwill has had one good season at Huddersfield.

I wouldn’t sell Fofana in this transfer window to replace him with pretty much an unknown. Seems risky to me that.

Have you actually seen him play? 

Edited by Col city fan

7 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Colwill has already had a successful loan though. Also Chelsea's academy is a couple levels above ours.

Yet last year our under-23s came four places above theirs in the league. Not bad considering we’re a couple of levels below them….

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I wouldn’t sell Fofana in this transfer window to replace him with pretty much an unknown. 

Depends what you can sell him for and how that money can improve the overall first 11 and squad surely?

22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yet last year our under-23s came four places above theirs in the league. Not bad considering we’re a couple of levels below them….

All their best players were out on loan in that age group, ours were still playing u23s…..

• Like 2

It won’t happen yet. And if it does then it would take a monster fee. The kid is destined for greatness so we will not be letting him go for anything other than above the odds. 

Like I said, if Maguire is worth £80m, then surely Fofana is over £100m easily. 

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We all know that any money will be wasted.

How have you developed that attitude? We’ve made mistakes in the transfer market. Find new club that hasn’t. But by and large we’re one of the best for recruitment in not just the PL, but in the world. We get it right more regularly than we get it wrong. I find it so weird that our ‘fan’ are so negative about the club. It’s like slagging off your own family. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
28 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Depends what you can sell him for and how that money can improve the overall first 11 and squad surely?

No, I wouldn’t sell him this window. 
a. I don’t trust the club with the money

b. He’s pretty much one of the best young CB’s in the Prem

c. He’s integral to any success we have 

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Ok then, I propose we spend the 100mill+ on a state of the art training facility and look to yoof.

You don`t put a poster of a fancy new building on your wall, that would be a disaster   :ph34r:

We should clearly take the 100m into the street and shout SHIUUU until some Portugese geriatric turns up to hoover it al up

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

How have you developed that attitude? We’ve made mistakes in the transfer market. Find new club that hasn’t. But by and large we’re one of the best for recruitment in not just the PL, but in the world. We get it right more regularly than we get it wrong. I find it so weird that our ‘fan’ are so negative about the club. It’s like slagging off your own family. 

I’d say we’ve got it wrong more times than right under Rodgers 

🤔

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Fancy its a movement within society - its so easy and inclusive to ridicule, deride and denounce everything.

Trying is hard! :(

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

🤔

Ayoze Perez, Vestergaard, and Bertrand. Happy to concede that they’re three of the worst signings we’ve ever made. Especially the last two. 

Praet and Soumare are not bad signings and they’ll prove that this season. 

Castagne, Fofanna, Tilemans (granted Puel signed him on loan first), Daka, and JJ have all been or will all be great signings. 

Lookman, and Under loans so little to no risk. I actually think Lookman was a hit but we’re just broke so can’t go and get him permanently.

Have I missed anyone?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

🤔

The baffling acquisitions of Bertrand and Vestergaard probably tip the balance towards the negative. I remember talking to a Southampton fan last summer and him being incredulous at those transfers. He said nobody at Southampton could fathom why we’d done it.

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

The baffling acquisitions of Bertrand and Vestergaard probably tip the balance towards the negative. I remember talking to a Southampton fan last summer and him being incredulous at those transfers. He said nobody at Southampton could fathom why we’d done it.

So two bad signings overshadow the rest? I find that hard to accept. By my maths he’s got it right 70% of the time. I’d say that’s pretty good. 

8 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Same level. They just horde players. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

They’ll all learn on the job. 

It’s less of a risk buying a youngster from Chelsea, as they’ve trained with Elite players, so understand the sharpness a forward has etc.