Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

To ignore and dodge around staff members trying to acknowledge you leaving the pitch is plain rude ….. of course he wants to do well - he’s a pro footballer and once the game is underway the competitive nature which has taken him to that level takes over completely.  If he is still here come sept 1st then I have no concerns that he will give his all throughout the season. 

Again it means nothing but he ambled off at half time too - just ahead of Castagne who had about twenty yards more to cover. 

wonder if we’ll get a tunnel cam to see his demeanour on his way to the dressing room both times? 

I didn’t see the warm up - was he fully engaged?  assume he would be to ensure he was fully loosened up. 

The corner we scored from he was hanging around on his own as the sole defender in our half, before Maddison angrily beckoned him I to the box. 

His body language looked bad. But as you said earlier, is indicative of a sulking child who'd been put in their place. He'll get over it. Like Kane did last season

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely it was. However, he has every right to be annoyed at how the tactical and lack of tactical know-how cost it for him. Wes and the others were left wide open. He was probably walking off thinking which one of you idiots came up with that ? Was it the same idiot who said give us Vestegaard. 

It’s not normal to storm down a tunnel at full time 

its disrespectful to the fans and the opposition 

who stormed down the tunnel when we capitulated to spurs?  When we threw away CL football two seasons before !  When we lost in rome?  Football is full of games where teams chuck leads away or lose games they absolutely shouldn’t - show me illustrations of players behaving like wes did today at full time. . 

Next you’ll be telling me he probably just needed the loo …..

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The corner we scored from he was hanging around on his own as the sole defender in our half, before Maddison angrily beckoned him I to the box. 

His body language looked bad. But as you said earlier, is indicative of a sulking child who'd been put in their place. He'll get over it. Like Kane did last season

He took a knock making a fine tackle in our box. He limped towards the half way line - he had lost his shin pad and ward had to bring it to him in the centre circle. He told JJ to go forward and he would cover.  I presume he didn’t want to hold up the corner and he was feeling his leg from the tackle.  Anyway, madders wouldn’t take the corner without wes being up so he gesticulated and waited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I have a funny feeling if Rodgers does go it will be Dyche who comes in to replace him 

I think dyche is a good manager, dont know what hes like as a coach though problem is he may not keep or attract players, we'd maybe want someone more progressive with a view to developing young players, tactics etc 

Edited by splinterdream

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Amartey was at fault for both their goals though. Lost Toney for their first, then didn't close down for their second. I know Amartey has become a bit of a cult hero for some fans but no way should he be playing in front of Cags. 

Amartey and cags should be back ups, if we play with a 3 we need better quality than either

13 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I have a funny feeling if Rodgers does go it will be Dyche who comes in to replace him 

I’ve just tasted a bit of sick.  Please post a warning before writing such bollox. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

who stormed down the tunnel when we capitulated to spurs?  When we threw away CL football two seasons before !  When we lost in rome?  Football is full of games where teams chuck leads away or lose games they absolutely shouldn’t - show me illustrations of players behaving like wes did today at full time. . 

He took a knock making a fine tackle in our box. He limped towards the half way line - he had lost his shin pad and ward had to bring it to him in the centre circle. He told JJ to go forward and he would cover.  I presume he didn’t want to hold up the corner and he was feeling his leg from the tackle.  Anyway, madders wouldn’t take the corner without wes being up so he gesticulated and waited. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Before the game today on his Instagram account he posted an image of himself in his Leicester shirt. Does that mean before the game he had love for the club ?  It’s still up now. What I am saying is if Wes wants to leave, he will. Sitting there and seeing him pissed off with Mike Stowell is not really an indication of his like/dislike for the club is a bit childish - I’m sure Wes is pretty aware Stowell has no control over whether he stays or go. 

Sometimes after a result like that you’re allowed to be pissed off. That might be all it is. Just suggesting an alternative view to your interpretation. 

33 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I'd be intrigued to see if he deviated away from negative hoofball at a club with decent players and/or some money but I think I would rather that experiment were conducted somewhere other than here

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'd be intrigued to see if he deviated away from negative hoofball at a club with decent players and/or some money but I think I would rather that experiment were conducted somewhere other than here

He wouldn’t. He had years to transition away from that at Burnley and Kompany has managed it within weeks.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ricey said:

He wouldn’t. He had years to transition away from that at Burnley and Kompany has managed it within weeks.

Kompany is also managing them in a division where they're not perennial underdogs and by a distance one of the worst sides like they always were in the PL under Dyche and there have been big changes to the squad so I'm not sure that's definitive proof either way

• Like 1

10 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I think dyche is a good manager, dont know what hes like as a coach though problem is he may not keep or attract players, we'd maybe want someone more progressive with a view to developing young players, tactics etc 

The Burnley players weren’t to sorry to see the back of him in the end. I think he’s another Rodgers. 

• Like 1

I didn’t notice any attitude during the game and thought he played well

maybr his frustration was based on a manager telling him to believe in the project then making an absolute mess

of the game we were In total control of? 

12 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I didn’t notice any attitude during the game and thought he played well

maybr his frustration was based on a manager telling him to believe in the project then making an absolute mess

of the game we were In total control of? 

There was no issue during the game - he loves playing football and is a driven competitor 

and I’m sure that was a big factor at the end -  but it still reveals a mindset some have wondered about …….

Just now, Hamilton Fox said:

The Sun claiming Chelsea preparing £85m bid right now..

Good, we need it. I saw enough yesterday that sadly I don't see how we compete this season without either a new manager and/or a few new additions. I cannot stomach 3 at the back if Daniel Amartey has got to play. 

It pains me to think we've got to cash in on Fofana but there's no guarantee we'll move on Soumare, Vestergaard, Tielemans etc and raise funds to comply with FFP and be able to get a winger and possibly 1 more elsewhere in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Good, we need it. I saw enough yesterday that sadly I don't see how we compete this season without either a new manager and/or a few new additions. I cannot stomach 3 at the back if Daniel Amartey has got to play. 

It pains me to think we've got to cash in on Fofana but there's no guarantee we'll move on Soumare, Vestergaard, Tielemans etc and raise funds to comply with FFP and be able to get a winger and possibly 1 more elsewhere in.

I think Fofana will go, sadly. But given Rodgers' complete lack of trust in Soyuncu, we would have needed a new CB anyway even if Fofana was staying. If he leaves, surely that means we'll need two new CBs as well as a RW and (presumably) Tielemans' replacement. A busy few weeks ahead...