Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think Fofana will go, sadly. But given Rodgers' complete lack of trust in Soyuncu, we would have needed a new CB anyway even if Fofana was staying. If he leaves, surely that means we'll need two new CBs as well as a RW and (presumably) Tielemans' replacement. A busy few weeks ahead...  

We won't bring 2 new CB's in unless one of Soyuncu, Vestergaard or Amartey goes as well. I hope they do but its looking doubtful.

For the good of the club (paying off Rodgers and Co, new gaffer and 2 or 3 signings) I am starting to sway towards letting Fofana go if that 80m mark is met. 

I think it might be the straw the breaks Rodgers back and the toys come out the pram. 

Unfortunately if Chelsea bid 80 million plus I think he will go.  That will leave us with Evans, Soyuncu, Armatey and Vestergaard.  On the basis of Armatey and his performance yesterday, coupled with the thought of Vestergaard at the back, its not looking good this season.

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Unfortunately if Chelsea bid 80 million plus I think he will go.  That will leave us with Evans, Soyuncu, Armatey and Vestergaard.  On the basis of Armatey and his performance yesterday, coupled with the thought of Vestergaard at the back, its not looking good this season.

Obviously the club would seek to replace Fofana, but we don't know who that will be. And even if we use any money we get for Fofana to buy a decent centre-half, that would still leave Amartey as Rodgers' preferred back-up - which is a deeply frightening prospect.

• Like 2

If Fofana goes it will be Top's decision. Rodgers will be clearly unhappy with that and that will make the relationship very difficult indeed. If results turn sour , I can see a mutual agreement departure coming up. However the club will pay Rodgers and his team millions in compensation. Their lawyers will see to that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Obviously the club would seek to replace Fofana, but we don't know who that will be. And even if we use any money we get for Fofana to buy a decent centre-half, that would still leave Amartey as Rodgers' preferred back-up - which is a deeply frightening prospect.

Only in a three, which is understandable 

Dare I say he was just as much of a headless chicken as Amartey in that second half. He did some brilliant things, and brings the ball out well, but he's still naive and I reckon sometimes believes his own hype and thinks he's superman. I counted 3 times he ran to attack a header v Toney and lost it leaving us horribly exposed. Evans several times up against Toney let him head it or dropped back a few yards and mopped up, using experience. Having said that losing one of our truly top class players this late in the window along with the other negativity at the club, we could be in for a horrible season. Maddison was terrible, Vardy was anonymous, Amartey was a disaster, and Ndidi was awful. Like most of last season KDH carried the team, Castagne and Tielemans have a great understanding and had good games, but too many players are always either out of form or injured for long stretches. We need a refresh badly but have been hamstrung by years of bad business. Perez, Vestergaard, Daka, Bertrand, very bad buys and the likes of Amartey, Hamza, Mendy should have left and been upgraded ages ago.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Guess the media are limbering up for the Fofana for CHO loan + cash headline

Given that CHO is surplus to requirements at Chelsea, I really hope his inclusion on a loan is making only a tiny dent in the cash element.

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Given that CHO is surplus to requirements at Chelsea, I really hope his inclusion on a loan is making only a tiny dent in the cash element.

Yes for sure, depends who is fronting his wages I guess

The last time Fofana was interviewed (by the Telegraph) a week or so ago, this is what he had to say:

"I’d be lying if I said the World Cup wasn’t on my mind, because it’s a big objective for me. I’m French and of course I want to represent my national team. I realise the coach has his own ideas and a team already in place but I really want to be there. Every player has to work hard - if they are a little lazy for their club, they will be left out. When he [Rodgers] said that [Fofana will be an elite defender] it obviously adds extra pressure but it has to be the aim for any player. I want to not only win trophies but try to be the best defender in my position in the world. I consider myself very fortunate. I’ve played more games here in England than I ever did for St-Etienne. Now I’ve made this journey I want to enjoy every minute. Many others have not been so lucky to be in my position. Leicester is a family and I have felt that from the first day. I have always felt like a native of Leicester. It’s a big club and an institution but everyone has time for each other and understands. We are all brothers, sisters and cousins. It’s a big season for me and for Leicester. Here are already some great strikers in the Premier League and even more for this season after the transfer window. That excites me and I’m ready for them. I’m prepared."

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Fofana saw our determination when we signed him so he is experiencing our determination to keep him…. If he doesn’t know by now that we will only sell when it suites us, then he’s going to be in for a shock, I maintain that 90m+ will get him.

• Like 1

It was Jacobs' second tweet in the thread that struck me as the most important - the one where he says we haven't planned for Fofana's departure this summer and have concerns over finding a replacement. Surely we'll only sell if we have a very good central defender lined up? We'll be in deep trouble if we let him go without knowing how we're going to replace him.

19 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It was Jacobs' second tweet in the thread that struck me as the most important - the one where he says we haven't planned for Fofana's departure this summer and have concerns over finding a replacement. Surely we'll only sell if we have a very good central defender lined up? We'll be in deep trouble if we let him go without knowing how we're going to replace him.

I thought a centre back was on the list this summer anyway? Worrying if we have zero targets! 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

I thought a centre back was on the list this summer anyway? Worrying if we have zero targets! 

Colwill was our main target apparently, obviously that isn’t going to happen now.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This guy is extraordinary. Comes out of nowhere and has super varied direct hotlines to Erik Ten Hag (within days of him arriving in UK) , Miguel Arteta and now Wes himself - each confiding thier innermost thoughts to him

Yet the likes of David Ornstein and John Percy have spent a journalistic career carefully developing sources at a very slim geographical pool of clubs. Both Ornstein and Percy need to get onto Jacobs and ask him how to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stu said:

Colwill was our main target apparently, obviously that isn’t going to happen now.

and he was 1 to bed in slowly rather than coming in as an instant starter. It's clear Rodgers doesn't trust Cags anymore either, so we'll be left with Evans our only trusted starting CB