Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Fofanas idea of what is fair and LCFCs idea of what is fair are probably 20-30 million apart.

He is going to be desperate to move to a top 4 club and play champions league football.  

45 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Dont blame him if he's desperate to go

I’ll blame the club if they decide to let him go and we can’t get a suitable replacement. That be stupid on the clubs part, if the reality is we can’t get a good replacement, letting a player go like Wes could potentially relegate the club. 

Edited by Lesta Legend

This might sound stupid but looking at how’s things are in the market it would have to be 100m or nothing. If we keep him his valve will only rise next season and I’d say more teams than just Chelsea will be after him. He’s going to be one of the best in world football at some point if he keeps his fitness up. Cucurella is 63 then he’s 100m and he’s only 21. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

I’ll blame the club if they decide to let him go and we can’t get a suitable replacement. That be stupid on the clubs part, if the reality is we can get a good replacement, letting a player go like Wes could potentially relegate the club. 

You definitely know if we sell him the money will be wasted

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Hum...

This is now getting more than a little worrying.

Seems Chelsea are not going away quietly on this and not ready to give up.

Ahh ****, the first horseman of the transfer apocolypse has reared their head.... 

• Haha 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Ahh ****, the first horseman of the transfer apocolypse has reared their head.... 

To be fair, we have been down before, sabotaged by all and sundry, but we get back up every time   :scarf:

Was only a matter of time anyway, ideally next year, but....

4 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

If we do sell him.

Rogers cannot be trusted with the money.

It would be better spent on a settlement for Moving Rogers out the club.This would then free up wages and give the new manager some transfer funds.

Agree.  It would be worth selling Wes, but only for an extravagant sum, if it were to enable us to get rid of Rodgers.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Purely coincidence that the recruitment at Celtic, Liverpool and here has been better pre-Brendan and post-Brendan??

Guess you have not paid any attention to recent articles about returning to type after recent bad deals?

Thought not - you carry on  with your Trumpesque alternate facts  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't Blame him for wanting to go, we are in a right state on the pitch, all of our best players are either on the verge of leaving (if you believe what you read) or are close to becoming past it.  We are coasting towards a relegation spiral and nothing is being done to stop it.  Sell him, sell anyone that wants to go and ride this season out and hope we don't drop, then have a huge go at a rebuild next summer when we shift more on and others are out of contract

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Guess you have not paid any attention to recent articles about returning to type after recent bad deals?

Thought not - you carry on  with your Trumpesque alternate facts  

I just put 3 clubs where the recruitment was literally made a lot worse as soon as Rodgers was appointment.

If that's not a fact, what is lol

Trumpesque alternate factslollollollol

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I just put 3 clubs where the recruitment was literally made a lot worse as soon as Rodgers was appointment.

If that's not a fact, what is lol

Trumpesque alternate factslollollollol

Yet it was in response to my request for a banner, the intent was crystal clear :D

As long as he does not have the right to make the list but can choose from a presented list, I am fine with that!

"Brendan, did you write Bednarek in crayon on our transfer list??"  :o

Edited by Dahnsouff

23 hours ago, MPH said:

but it isn’t is it?

they came to us with an offer which we accepted.  We didn’t give them anything that they didn’t offer for..

It was tongue in cheek. And it's on them not us.

No French cap yet. 10 months injured. This could be his pinnacle. At least Maguire had had the World Cup and some pedigree behind him. I think we should cash in as it gives us options in the market. Might never get that money again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

No French cap yet. 10 months injured. This could be his pinnacle. At least Maguire had had the World Cup and some pedigree behind him. I think we should cash in as it gives us options in the market. Might never get that money again. 

Yeah, think people are too quick to embrace the hyperbole, but as cack as Maguire now is, he was a seasoned international, English and came off the back of a good Euros - these things definitely drove his price into madness

(And into the arms of idiots)

34 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Even though we have a dearth of players in central midfield presently, I’d be very happy with £65m and Gallagher……. as I think it clears the way for Youri out at £20m. That would give us real energy ahead of Wilf,  via Gallagher and KDH - an energy we urgently need - and £85m in the bank in total. Two players off the wage bill, one added. 

And CHO on loan...