Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

He's off this window i've now come to terms with that.

I'm really worried that the club are going to haggle so long and they are so unprepared to take any financial risks that we are going to be left desperately short of quality at CB. 

If he has to go, then I hope we are haggling/stringing along, clubs until we get a replacement lined up, and then we pull the trigger just bhefore agreeing ot the best deal on offer

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

I'm really worried that the club are going to haggle so long and they are so unprepared to take any financial risks that we are going to be left desperately short of quality at CB. 

In order to justify this sale we would need to replace with a CB of near similar quality AND a quality RW. Not happening. So we will be taking the money and weakening the squad. 

I friggin hate Sean Dyche, but I am so disillusioned with Rodgers  that I’d snap your hand off to get him. I am, frankly, jaded with it all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

This is my concern too. If he leaves, we'll be left with Evans (good but increasingly injury prone and getting no younger), Soyuncu (who is clearly unhappy and wants to leave, as well as being out of form for the past year), and then Amartey and Vesty. That's almost as bad as our current wing options. 

Guest itude
11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Think we can say without doubt Wes will be off before the window closes. 

We can also say that it is unlikely we will use the money to any great degree and we will be worse than we were. 

Yeah, sadly I have to agree with you on both of those.Chelsea seem very determined not to lose out again, and lets not waste money like last time..please. I would rather we take our time and plan for Xmas.

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

@Ric Flair Can I set you the task of giving us some options to replace Fofana?

Must adhere to the the following criteria:

- Full international Cap(s)

- Minimum 6'3" tall

- Fast

- Aggressive

- Decent distribution

- Maximum £45m

- under 25 years of age

thanks in advance

I think we are going to need 2 of them. 

Much like the benkovic and soyuncu swoop. Hope that at least one will make the grade. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to a solid young cb but also someone like denayer as a bargain bin experienced player coming in. (still only 27 actually) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Less than three weeks to go and no official approach made , apart that is from bluster in the idiot rags and twitterati twaddle, However on here you could sum it up as Fofana , Vestergaad gone , Jonny to get injured , Soyuncu deeply out of favour , Wilf not be trusted and Dan nowhere good enough . Perhaps we will end up with Brunt and Thomas as CBs. In other words the speculation is becoming ridiculous. The season has started and the main focus now is results and points.

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

- Minimum 6'3" tall

- Fast

- Aggressive

- Decent distribution

- Maximum £45m

- under 25 years of age

thanks in advance

To meet those needs your looking at more than £45m.

Not many around that fits that criteria and any that do will be at massive clubs. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

- Minimum 6'3" tall

- Fast

- Aggressive

- Decent distribution

- Maximum £45m

- under 25 years of age

thanks in advance

Said it the other day Nagalo would be a fairly risk free option. No way is he 6'3 though and fairly sure he hasn't been capped 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lacroix, N'Dicka or Bade are probably the most complete defender we'd have a realistic chance of getting and all incidentally are French. Very difficult to get in the French senior side though so none of them have yet been fully capped.

I really like the look of Scalvini at Atalanta, he's only 18 and is going to be a phenomenal player. I'd be looking at players like that.

Lacroix would have been my suggestion, but I've no idea how much he would cost.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lacroix, N'Dicka or Bade are probably the most complete defender we'd have a realistic chance of getting and all incidentally are French. Very difficult to get in the French senior side though so none of them have yet been fully capped.

I really like the look of Scalvini at Atalanta, he's only 18 and is going to be a phenomenal player. I'd be looking at players like that.

I’d maybe add Attila Szalai to the list as well. I think he’d be very affordable and clearly has the potential as well. Surely Fenerbache would be interested in at least Perez as a make weight 😂

• Like 2

Just now, HoustonFox said:

I’d maybe add Attila Szalai to the list as well. I think he’d be very affordable and clearly has the potential as well. Surely Fenerbache would be interested in at least Perez as a make weight 😂

I like Szalai but I'd want him in to replace Soyuncu/Vestergaard/Amartey and not to replace someone of Fofana's potential.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Said it the other day Nagalo would be a fairly risk free option. No way is he 6'3 though and fairly sure he hasn't been capped 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

13 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

To meet those needs your looking at more than £45m.

Not many around that fits that criteria and any that do will be at massive clubs. 

And here lies the problem. Would probably be better off telling Fofana that we're not going to sell you this season, but you can go next season 100%.

Let him have his Mardy arse toy throwing tantrum. Let him get over it, and crack on.

Sell (for any offer given): Vestergaard, Choudhury, Soumare & Perez. Get a wide forward in. Preferable one that can play on both sides.

Keep Tielemans. Let him run his contract down. We won't be able to get better than him for the £25m we'll get for him.

Job done.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Get one of the French lads and loan someone decent?

French Lads? We will end up with Rene from ‘Allo Allo’ based upon the people at the Club in charge of recruitment. It frightens me giving them and any money and KP probably feel the same.

Just now, mozartfox said:

French Lads? We will end up with Rene from ‘Allo Allo’ based upon the people at the Club in charge of recruitment. It frightens me giving them and any money and KP probably feel the same.

Fine - its Vestergaard for you then  :) 

50 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Think we can say without doubt Wes will be off before the window closes. 

We can also say that it is unlikely we will use the money to any great degree and we will be worse than we were. 

You can say what you want.

37 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This is my concern too. If he leaves, we'll be left with Evans (good but increasingly injury prone and getting no younger), Soyuncu (who is clearly unhappy and wants to leave, as well as being out of form for the past year), and then Amartey and Vesty. That's almost as bad as our current wing options. 

You didn't read the Soyuncu interview then?

12 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

If he doesn't want to be here, Let him go...

Chelsea £90m (Prem tax added on) or £70m & CHO

PSG £70m + £15m in add ons 

Why would you sell cheap to PSG?