Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

I've accepted he's going and now I'm trying to convince myself he is overrated and has flaws in his game that will stop him going to the very top. 

I think we will hold off until late in the window before accepting. I just hope we've got targets to replace him. I fear it will be a loan at best..

Please don’t sell now. At least wait till next summer.  We need to buy time to properly prepare ourselves for a replacement and do the necessary scouting. Losing schmeichel was bad enough but little Wes as well in quick succession is too much. Even if we get £100 million now I still think it’s a bad deal and we would be better to wait. We need to focus on what would make happy to stay with us for another season. He will star for us over the next few months and definitely get in the French squad. 

• Like 2

I just don’t want Todgers involved at any level with the spending of money possibly brought in by Fofana’s sale. I have zero faith in him to do anything but convince our recruitment team to spaff on dross. 

I would, and this is extreme, rather use the money to pay off the miniature toss cannon. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yep could see that. Only thing I'd say he's a nob and we need a moaner amongst our ranks 

Have only heard good things about his character tbh. It's his footballing ability that worries me, although he's a unit who can head it and he is quick.

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Felix Uduokhai for me.

Would love him here but I don't see Wes leaving in this window.

Good player 

Surely if he was to go, we would have insisted on Colwill being part of the arrangement? If not, then why not. If we do sell and waste the money of some panic donkey, then Rudders needs to go along with anyone else in the recruitment set up that thinks it is a good idea to sell one of the best defenders we have so late in the window and leave ourselves heavily exposed to a potentially night mare of a season.  I  am praying Top takes control of this.  I personally have lost total trust in the people running the football operations- Not Top or Susan.

Please just tell Chelsea to F-off. I ready somewhere today they were going to offer us Barkley - really??!!??

2 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He is, left footed, tall and fast.

Just what we need.

He is also a leader and at 29 a decent addition that provides experience when Evans is unavailable and when he has to call it a day. 

Mings and a younger CB with potential wouldn’t be a bad option to fill the gap should Wes move on in this window

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

You know something mate or just a hunch?

He hasn’t a clue I suspect.

40 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

:amartey: DON'T WORRY WE HAVE A GOOD REPLACEMENT ALREADY IF HE GOES

You have to laugh in the match day thread when someone puts “Amartey playing really well” then someone replies “”he usually does”, literally minutes before their first goal. That wasn’t you was it? 😂

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

If we replace Wesley Fofana with Tyrone Mings I'm going to whittle my season ticket into a sharp point and lobotomise myself with it

Is that who we’re linked with? Good god, it’s just laziness, do we not have any scouts in the various leagues?