Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Hilarious that people moan about the club not being able to sign players like Tielemans and Maddison up to long contracts… then can with a straight face demand £100m+ for him. Do people not realise it’s asking huge fees that are partially responsible for this first part?

Nobody forced him to sign a new contract and we have every right to ask for whatever amount we see as reasonable. Especially considering the season has already started and getting a replacement in will be a challenge. Let's be right teams aren't exactly beating a path to our door for Tielemans and the only concrete interest in Maddison was Newcastle which was a joke of an offer. Nothing suggests any player in our squad other than Fofana will walk in to one of the big 6 sides. Fofana and Ricardo were happy to sign long contracts with us when we stuck by them after long injuries. It's a two way street. Tielemans could get a serious injury and his contract stance backfire spectacularly that's a risk he seems to want to take in the hope of getting a big signing on fee but it's a gamble. 

• Like 3

Just now, 4everfox said:

Harry Kane has won absolutely nothing, but he's not allowed to leave and it doesn't put players off signing for them. So yes, actually, we can. 

We are not a top 6 club, our value exists as a stepping stone and blocking players leaving for big values degrades that attraction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Won't share then. 

Very very surprised if he stays now; although someone still needs to pay the money; but he and his agent's position has been made extremely clear to the club.

Oh, so I did share despite the rudeness.

Just passing it on, so easy on the keyboard warrior and posturing stuff, eh? 

Still, I was 14 once, too.

Too many clowns on here mate, I was told the same the other day. 

Think I posted team selection will be interesting Sunday..  - or something to that extent. 

After a few DM's to others on here and trying to find out 100% if the info I was told was worthy of posting - it was. 

Then again if it was wrong you'd be the worst person on earth etc... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Too many clowns on here mate, I was told the same the other day. 

Think I posted team selection will be interesting Sunday..  - or something to that extent. 

After a few DM's to others on here and trying to find out 100% if the info I was told was worthy of posting - it was. 

Then again if it was wrong you'd be the worst person on earth etc... 

Third horseman, the apocalypse cometh 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Nobody forced him to sign a new contract and we have every right to ask for whatever amount we see as reasonable. Especially considering the season has already started and getting a replacement in will be a challenge. Let's be right teams aren't exactly beating a path to our door for Tielemans and the only concrete interest in Maddison was Newcastle which was a joke of an offer. Nothing suggests any player in our squad other than Fofana will walk in to one of the big 6 sides. Fofana and Ricardo were happy to sign long contracts with us when we stuck by them after long injuries. It's a two way street. Tielemans could get a serious injury and his contract stance backfire spectacularly that's a risk he seems to want to take in the hope of getting a big signing on fee but it's a gamble. 

So don’t start moaning when good players walk for free. If you ask ludicrous fees, and what people are suggesting on here is ludicrous, you reap what you sow. 

35 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Fofana and his agent have no say in this putative transaction. The only person who does is Top. He has Fofana's contract in his hand , if he chooses to cancel and sell it will be his decision alone.

:appl: Yep an accurate analysis.

We always knew he and his agent were going to kick up a stink once there was serious interest. We also knew we took a 35 million pound risk which would pay off massively if it did come off, he was never going to be the man to build your team around.

I feel with his injury we might have gotten another year out of him but lets be realistic if he was fully fit last season we would have been expecting it this summer. 

32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes and warn off other prospects of signing for us, as won’t let them move on to a top club

It did not put off either of Bertrand or Westergaard did it.............................?

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Fofana and his agent have no say in this putative transaction. The only person who does is Top. He has Fofana's contract in his hand , if he chooses to cancel and sell it will be his decision alone.

I seem to remember thinking Mahrez was 50% of the player he was after wanting a move and not getting it. I don’t think it’s worth the risk to our season having that  with CB . Besides, if his head drops so will his value. 

45 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Won't share then. 

Very very surprised if he stays now; although someone still needs to pay the money; but he and his agent's position has been made extremely clear to the club.

Oh, so I did share despite the rudeness.

Just passing it on, so easy on the keyboard warrior and posturing stuff, eh? 

Still, I was 14 once, too.

Thanks for sharing!

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

By the letter of the law, yet useless in reality.

Correct by the letter of law he can and his agent can do f-all about it. In reality 5 years is a very long time to sulk.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Very good point.

You look at Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire, Kante & Drinkwater.

All players we have given a spotlight to thus resulting in a move to a 'Bigger Club'. You could easily add Tielemans &  Fofana to that list as although they are still here, they have been given the spotlight to attract bigger clubs.

We'll never compete with some teams and we'll only ever be a good stepping stone for the 'stars' that we attract. 

We are a bit like a better Southampton.  They were always pillaged for their best players.

It's inevitable certain players will leave but like you say, it's important we maintain a reputation whereby we don't trap players. Don't want this to turn Mahrez 'esque'

I think the statement I read from the Times that we've told him we'll listen to offers next season, but would look at a fee but it would need to eclipse the maguire fee.

It has to advantage the club and weaken the buyer because on this the club hold all the cards, we aren't trapping the player, otherwise what is the point in contracts? 

• Like 2