Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

41 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Leicester are not a club that can turn down large money for single players. Way of the world. We need to take the money and invest wisely...which based on previous evidence might be difficult. 

I would actually try and get someone in in loan for a year and let the head of recruiting bed in for the rebuild next summer. 

We have in the past and we could get another year from him and sell him for more next season.

So many LCFC accountants posting on her, surprised Top or Susan haven't stepped in.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We have in the past and we could get another year from him and sell him for more next season.

So many LCFC accountants posting on her, surprised Top or Susan haven't stepped in.

So next year we could lose a significant number of the squad. Some of which is good, some of which is not so good. 

Either way, whether we like it or not...next summer will be a rebuild. We need money for that and we don't need a draw out will he or won't he saga with Fofana. 

Edited by TommyK
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TommyK said:

So next year we could lose a significant number of the squad. Some of which us good, some of which is not so good. 

Either way, whether we like it or not...next summer will be a rebuild. We need money for that and we don't need a draw out will he or won't he saga with Fofana. 

It won't be drawn out, let it be known he's up for sale and they'll be clubs all over it.

• Like 1

Just now, hackneyfox said:

It won't be drawn out, let it be known he's up for sale and they'll be clubs all over it.

You realize this isn't football manager right? Transfers are hard. Imagine if next summer it's like with Youri this one. 

21 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Then why the hell should we sell them Fofana if they won't even agree to our terms (assuming we ask for him as part of the deal of course)? 

See cucarella deal

they wanted to buy colwill but chelsea would only do so with a buyback - so it ended up a free season loan 

9 minutes ago, TommyK said:

So next year we could lose a significant number of the squad. Some of which us good, some of which is not so good. 

And that rebuild is not going to be easy when other clubs know that we have so many vacancies. There will be much deadwood out there which we somehow need to avoid. The new head of recruitment is going to have to play a blinder unless we unearth a couple more KDH's. 

3 minutes ago, TommyK said:

You realize this isn't football manager right? Transfers are hard. Imagine if next summer it's like with Youri this one. 

Really?

Transfers aren't hard when you're selling the best young CB in the world and Chelsea/ManU/PSG/RM etc are after him.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Most of these “ITKs” make as much sense as the riddler. If you think you know something and want to say so then post it, all of it, or at least more than “he’s as good as gone” and not just fvckin vague or cryptic snippets. Then the “definitely not ITK”  masses can consider and evaluate as events unfold to form an opinion as to whether a particular “source” is reliable or otherwise 

What’s the cryptic part of “as good as gone”? Maybe that’s all he knows!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Most of these “ITKs” make as much sense as the riddler. If you think you know something and want to say so then post it, all of it, or at least more than “he’s as good as gone” and not just fvckin vague or cryptic snippets. Then the “definitely not ITK”  masses can consider and evaluate as events unfold to form an opinion as to whether a particular “source” is reliable or otherwise 

I imagine these sort of supposed itks are the sort of fella who, when asked how much they bought their car for or where they got a pair of shoes from, instead of answering,  tap their nose

• Haha 2

Just now, Sankey93 said:

Apparently Chelsea are preparing a world record fee. I’ve accepted it already just hope we can sort out our problems with this money!

Says who? An FT ITK? The Sun? The 2 Sky Muppets? BR? The Daily Fail?  News    Now? The Leicester Mockery? Talk Shite?  Please disclose!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We’re a @Chocolate Teapot away from “HERE WE GOOOO”

Even if fofana has said he wants to go, which you'd imagine he has because he's like that. I'm still seeing this as unlikely.

1. Chelsea knew of the interest in colwill but let him go - now I know their owner doesn't have a clue what's he doing and probably can't tell the difference between a goalkeeper and a manager, but this wasn't smart.

2. As the days go by its getting more expensive for us to replace him. 

3. There's very few in their squad that would come here and / or improve us.

He might be throwing his toys out the pram but he wouldn't be the first. It's very similar to maguire for me in that it happened a year later. Club haven't budged yet by the sounds of it, although there's literally no one reliable who's reported on it.

Hes being a massive child by the sounds of his social media but I'm sure the club can hold strong here.

If he goes it'll be at the very least 85m I'd imagine. Unless Chelsea force Gallagher to go or something which he doesn't want to do.

Also, chelsea need a striker but then last week they signed a left back when they've already got 3 so **** knows what they're doing.

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

By itself it means five fifths of fvck all IMO 

How does it? Saying he’s as good as gone implies it’s only a matter of time before he’s sold. Which if you listen to Fofana’s camp is their position. How else can he spell the ****er out?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Not heard anything about Mings. My source on this is nothing directly to do with Leicester. And I wouldn't get too hung up on Chelsea.

Maybe its not what you mean, but If he is going to go, Id find it funny if Man City played chelsea at their own game and swooped in for him after they nicked cucurella. 

Their fan base doesnt deserve Lil Wes 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

To clarify as some found it cryptic. 

Player and agent want out and he has admirers and we need money. 

He’s only ‘as good as gone’ because any buying club still needs to do a deal with lcfc. That clearly might not happen. Not our style to keep a player against their will though which is why I think a deal gets done. We do seem to be negotiating tough this window so I accept there is every chance he doesn’t go but I’m not sure that turns out great overall. 

transfwrs are also complicated. A lot of you play too much fm2022. Deals fail for all sorts of reasons at all sorts of times. It’s never 100% when there are usually 5 or 6 parties involved when you consider the player, their family. -agents, managers, club boards/ owners. All have to be satisfied for deals to be done. My point is that the information I’ve shared is what I’ve been told and I think it’s fairy clear. 

So, only fairy clear then?

• Haha 1