Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Reading through the last 3 pages of this thread, the summary is ‘FT sources’ say WF is ‘as good as gone’.   Just need Fabrizio from Enderby to confirm and ‘here we go’  - down the table.

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

From the BBC gossip column 

Chelsea are preparing to offer a world-record fee for a defender in a bid to sign French centre-back Wesley Fofana, 21, from Leicester City. (Football London)

and yet if you read the article it says towards  the end they won’t be offering that much. Strange article.

Brendan Rodgers has said that Fofana is not for sale as well, but the player is believed to be pushing for a move, football.london understands. This has made Chelsea confident that a deal can be reached, though the new bid might still fall below the understood £85m valuation.

Edited by MPH

I suppose as a whole it intimates that their next offer will still fall below the record but they are prepared to go beyond it if necessary - and if Leicester believe that they’re hardly going to accept the next offer 

There’s so much smoke and mirrors around these transfers it’s difficult to know what is dependable 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

and yet if you read the article it says towards  the end they won’t be offering that much. Strange article.

Brendan Rodgers has said that Fofana is not for sale as well, but the player is believed to be pushing for a move, football.london understands. This has made Chelsea confident that a deal can be reached, though the new bid might still fall below the understood £85m valuation.

So their tactics continue to be. "We know you want at least £85 million and we are prepared to pay it. But we'll just keep low bidding for now because little Wesley is acting like a 5 year old with a strop on." Pay up or STFU should continue to be our response. 

If wes does end up at Chelsea, I hope we raid their academy as part of the deal. They have some of the best young players in the country and we could end up getting a steal that could develop into a decent player for the club. It would hurt Chelsea fans even more, that we took their best prospects and they still had to pay a huge fee. players like Vale or Rankine. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

The fact remains that we don't have an anywhere near adequate CB replacement lined up and are already one short before he goes. £85m would be great but what if Evans pulls up lame. We have amartey, soyuncu and Nelson and a fortune burning a hole in our pocket. That's flirting with relegation material.

How do you know who's lined up?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think today or tomorrow 

They should put a deadline on it so it forces Chelsea’s hand and we’re in control. Pay up what we want or be gone you chickens. 

The longer it goes on, the worst it will be for us. Need to get back control. 

Edited by fox_favourite

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Why?

Let’s face it, we ripped off Man Utd for Maguire. He was good for us, but £80m he really wasn’t. Fofana on the other hand is worth past 85m. Young, clearly very talented. Just a bit of a Womble on social media!! 

144 pages with no real updates.

They offer us more than Maguire money and he’s gone.

Like others have said, he is clearly a top quality CB but imagine all of his mistakes were dissected like Cags/Amartey and we’d probably be snapping Chelsea’s hand off rather than begrudgingly accepting.

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think Chelsea need to reingorce befire the weekend.  My real hope is thst another club create a bidding war 

I'd guess that if we get a sniff of interest from elsewhere then we'll listen to that and Chelsea can wait. 

I'm reconciled to Fofana going now. I'd prefer he didn't but equally I only want him to stay if he's going to commit, and reading between the lines I can't see that. The guy has form after all, and it has been to our advantage. So I can't complain. But once he's gone, he's gone. If he goes abroad, even better. 

• Like 1