Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I've seen him several times, was already aware of how highly he was rated in Chelsea's academy but it was his performances at Championship level where its proven he's well on his way to the sort of progression that will see him step up seamlessly.

I want Colwill regardless of Fofana being linked to them, if Fofana were to go I'd want another exceptional young defender, this isn't me saying Colwill slots in instead of Fofana and off we go.

We don't need proven Premier League players, it's the biggest waste of money and red herring in top level football.

100%

Buying proven PL players only applies to the top clubs who can afford the best PL players, for instance, Chelsea buying Sterling is a safe bet.

For a club like us, there is no value unless it is low risk, like the transfers of Evans or Huth.

Edited by coolhandfox

After his horrific injury can’t see Chelsea buying him with out seeing if it effects him for more than just 7 games.

that being said he did say Chelsea were one of his dream clubs back in November.

“A club that makes me dream? There’s Marseille, Real Madrid, Barca," Fofana told Actufoot. "In the Premier League, there are Chelsea, [Manchester] United, [Manchester] City… But you have to work to make your dreams come true. Through work, you can achieve anything."

Just now, weller54 said:

Sell em all

Sell em all 

the long and the short (Mendy) and the tall.....

We’ve pretty much done football now, so might as well sell em all - apparently we can’t easily - and then fold the club and have our memories. 

42 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I didn’t say that Ric wanted Colwill as a Fofana replacement. I was asking Ric what he knew about Colwill and why he feels so assured he’d be a good signing.

And he replied.

The point I was making is that some posters have expressed a desire for a certain amount of money (eg 100 mill PLUS Colwill).

And I was saying this is risky because (money aside) we’d then be replacing a proven Premiership CB who is one of the best young centre backs in the world with a young lad who’s had a single season at Huddersfield. Money aside, that’s risky imo.

Fundamentally, I don’t agree with the assertion that ‘proven Premiership ability’ isn’t important. I think it is. It’s very rare that clubs discover ‘hidden gems’ such as Fofana. Generally, clubs recruit players who they pretty much know (or believe) can cut it at the senior level. 
If we’re were to get 100 mill plus Colwill for Fofana, I’d have no qualms with having Colwill at the club. But what I WOULD do is to spend a decent chunk of that money on buying a proven, experienced, quality CB to come straight into the first team, whilst Colwill was still developing and pushing for a first team spot. I wouldn’t just chuck Colwill straight in against the likes of Man City, Liverpool et al and expect him to shine.

With Fofana that has worked. But it’s not the usual way. Again, which is why most clubs don’t usually do that.

Agreed but I dont see us getting Colwill now. We wont sell them Fofana so they wont help us.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, sylofox said:

Agreed but I dont see us getting Colwill now. We wont sell them Fofana so they wont help us.

Agreed!! Are you Ill Welly?!

😳

57 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I didn’t say that Ric wanted Colwill as a Fofana replacement.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

So you don’t really know then?

Fofana is already rated as one of the best young CB’s in world football. 
Colwill has had one good season at Huddersfield.

I wouldn’t sell Fofana in this transfer window to replace him with pretty much an unknown. Seems risky to me that.

Have you actually seen him play? 

Okay brother!

• Haha 3

Chelsea aren't going to be the same Chelsea as before, they can't seem to to get any top players now from Europe.

Think they going to become a mid level team, like Liverpool in the 90's and ManU after Ferguson left.

They're got issues with average players on bloated salaries and piles of deadwood they can't get rid because no one wants to pay them the same wage.

They've lost 4 nil to Arsenal in pre-season which they wouldn't have done in the past, can't see many elite players wanting to go to a club on the slide....the good times are over for them.

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Okay brother!

Ric didn’t say he wanted to replace Fofana with Colwill?

I said I wouldn’t replace Fofana with Colwill?

What point are you trying to make?

🤷‍♂️

Guest Col city fan
22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You'd get more sense chatting with a blancmange. 

You get back out on that bike and deliver me my copy of the Angling Times!

😉

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, sylofox said:

No and only on my first can of Bud whilst out fishing

Lucky bar steward. I’m just about to go into meeting three of the day.

Enjoy..

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Incredible form

I have to confess I even impressed myself with that retort 

#colsonforminnit

👍

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11055467/Wesley-Fofana-NOT-sale-say-Leiecester-amid-Chelsea.html

Wesley Fofana is NOT for sale insist Leicester amid interest from Chelsea, as the Blues look for an alternative to Jules Kounde who prefers to join Barcelona from Sevilla

There isn't a quote from anyone in the club in that article, even on background!

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Do you just sit on here during your packed schedule.

I’m sat on the bog writing this if you really want to know.

Dreaming of who I can make my next ‘cult hero’ 

It used to be Tommy Wright. But whether he was too good to be a cult hero I dunno?

Or Ewan Roberts maybe?

But I stopped all that when I turned 20

Ciao ciao

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It used to be Tommy Wright. But whether he was too good to be a cult hero I dunno?

Or Ewan Roberts maybe?

Ciao ciao

I'm sure they will both be so happy to know your sat on the shitter thinking of them. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Or Ewan Roberts maybe?

Ciao ciao

Holding up meeting three to have a bowel movement