Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

The working world in football is as the working world at large, the best people often come with such strictures and conditions, the fault lies in the timing, not the person necessarily. Even the timing we have no idea then steps invoived to gain access to said person, the conditons of his current contract. 

Erm, would it have been too hard to say right oh mate you've got the job, now when can you start?

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

What we actually need is to find out who is it at the club that has cockked this up to such an extent that we have to sell before we can buy? I can't see any other club with this problem why just us?

I assume they expect to move on a few more quickly than they have. 

I still expect a lot of outs to happen and maybe 1 or 2 in. 

The biggest issue is the overlap of the window and the start of the season, previously the window close before the start of the season. 

Still, 22 days left of the window a lot can happen in 22 days.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

The biggest issue is the overlap of the window and the start of the season, previously the window close before the start of the season. 

Wasn't that for one season and it didn't actually help anything? 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes good call. Let's really hope so.:thumbup:

How would having the head of recruitment in a month ago have helped free up wages? Issue is turnover to wage ratio. That video posted in the thread explained it very clearly - we have the 7th highest wage in the league, but our turnover is nowhere near the big boys. Hence us having a 105% W/T but Spurs having a 57%. 

Just now, PAPA LAZAROU said:

No just the individual or individuals who have got us into this mess will do.

I hear what you're saying but we'll never find out what has/does go on behind closed doors. Top is a business man first and foremost so if one of his businesses (lcfc) has lost money then I'm sure at some point, somebody will be held accountable. The main issue we have with regards wage bill/too many players is mainly down to a poor transfer window last summer and having players like Bertrand and Vestergaard on big wages. Congerton oversaw these signings and he's gone so the only one left to blame I'd say is Rodgers as he brought congerton in and most probably had a say in our poor transfers last summer. Rodgers won't get sacked any time soon though as it would cost too much and I think he knows that. In a ideal world, he'd resign but no way will he do that! 

Right, so who did the club think was going to handle our transfer window? or maybe they knew there wasn't going to be one for us?

No idea, are we still using Congerton's hot list? Suspect its more about the scouting team this window  :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Oh, you mean those under CEO of the year at the 2021 football business awards - Susan Whelen? Seriously, some people need to grow up and relax. Like it or not, this is a business, things change and you have to adapt and I'm sure we will.

I have more faith in her keeping us solvent and competitive than a bunch of man children off the internet pissing their pants at every tweet about the club

Very macho.:D very nice of you to support Susan and why not eh. I notice you said "those under her " so I don't get your point of equating this cock up with her personally.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I hear what you're saying but we'll never find out what has/does go on behind closed doors. Top is a business man first and foremost so if one of his businesses (lcfc) has lost money then I'm sure at some point, somebody will be held accountable. The main issue we have with regards wage bill/too many players is mainly down to a poor transfer window last summer and having players like Bertrand and Vestergaard on big wages. Congerton oversaw these signings and he's gone so the only one left to blame I'd say is Rodgers as he brought congerton in and most probably had a say in our poor transfers last summer. Rodgers won't get sacked any time soon though as it would cost too much and I think he knows that. In a ideal world, he'd resign but no way will he do that! 

Cheeers, thanks for that so it seems the culprit has already gone then.

28 minutes ago, tylesta said:

It's ok hoping to loan them out but what if they don't want to drop to the championship

Exactly,  Vesty would not go to Fulham so i cannot see any of the squad dropping their wages and certainly not the club subsidising. Too much shit on good money

Cheeers, thanks for that so it seems the culprit has already gone then.

Yes, I'd say congerton is part of the reason we are where we are and he's gone to Atalanta. Absolutely no idea how he's bagged that gig as his record in the transfer market is pretty poor, even before he joined us

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It is not about affordability it is about not being willing.

"Leicester do not need to sell. Their issues in what has been a frozen transfer window so far have been around squad capacity. They have too many senior players. They have to make room before they can bring in new signings or risk being left with senior players on good wages being left out of the squad and unable to contribute, a prospect that makes no sense in any business model. Selling an asset doesn’t solve a problem."

Someone high up has said we aren't having 4 or 5 players unregistered drawing a wage. 

And they've said that because its an unaffordable business model. If it was purely about not having players not contributing and drawing a wage we'd have accepted some of the supposed offers we've got for players either on loan or perm deals but we've not. 

7 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Right, so who did the club think was going to handle our transfer window? or maybe they knew there wasn't going to be one for us?

Callum Smithson our head of technical scouting who is very highly thought of and Rudkin whose role is involved with dealing with transfers anyway

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 4everfox said:

They literally allowed our number one defensive target to join Brighton, probably knowing that we were interested. I'd refuse to sell to them just for that, works both ways. 

....I would suspect if Colwill was adamant that he did not want to come here, then you can see how his loan would have played out!!!

Perhaps the interest in Fofana hasn't come as a suprise to the club?

We only know a small fraction of the inner workings and all too often the first reaction to things is to panic and be negative.

I know the club haven't done the best to promote confidence as of late but we have to remember that we find as many gems as we sell and its highly likely the club are actively negotiating with others the same way as clubs are negotiating with Fofana etc.

Hopefully...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Callum Smithson our head of technical scouting who is very highly thought of and Rudkin whose role is involved with dealing with transfers anyway

Yeh and we all know Rudkin couldn't direct a seagull to the coast let alone the direction the club should be going in

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Perhaps the interest in Fofana hasn't come as a suprise to the club?

We only know a small fraction of the inner workings and all too often the first reaction to things is to panic and be negative.

I know the club haven't done the best to promote confidence as of late but we have to remember that we find as many gems as we sell and its highly likely the club are actively negotiating with others the same way as clubs are negotiating with Fofana etc.

Hopefully...

I think the club want to sell Fofana, albeit at the right price....but can't come out and openly admit that.... 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I’m really starting to dislike Southampton now! Feel like this is there sneaky way to get revenge on us for that humiliating defeat several seasons ago.

lurch & berty and now the recruitment guy.

feels disproportionate. Hope we give them another ass whooping this season!

I still don't understand how Rudkin couldn't negotiate something better. Having to wait until the end of the window seems ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

I think the club want to sell Fofana, albeit at the right price....but can't come out and openly admit that.... 

Selling Fofana won't actually help solve any of our problems, which is why the club really doesn't want to sell him. Rob Tanner explains this very well in the Athletic today (apologies, but it's behind a paywall):

https://theathletic.com/3487119/2022/08/09/wesley-fofana-leicester-city-chelsea/?source=emp_shared_article

11 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

This was always the plan with Fofana. Especially after the way he forced his move to us.

Its why we paid over 30 million pounds for an unproven defender because we were confident that we would be able to flip him for an extremely good profit.

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

This was always the plan with Fofana. Especially after the way he forced his move to us.

Its why we paid over 30 million pounds for an unproven defender because we were confident that we would be able to flip him for an extremely good profit.

You'd like to think they saw it coming.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• Like 1