Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

If we did get 85 million that all good for balancing the books. But could potentially be relegated as its getting close to deadline day to bring someone suitable in. Would Vesty, Armarty, Cags, and Evens who we all know could be out with an injury be be good enough to keep us in the lge. I rather keep Fofana and plan for another bid coming in during the summer of 2023. 

• Like 3

It’s frustrating, if we had another winger who obviously preferred on the right I wouldn’t consider selling him this summer. But obviously playing 5 at the back ****s us over big time so i feel we need to sell him or face a definitely mediocre season as we can’t rely on Barnes to always be fit…

If we're expecting to lose Youri, it's vital we try and make Gallagher a condition of the deal. I'm sure he'd fancy the challenge and there's some real potential for us to put together a good young squad next summer with him, KDH and Madders being at the heart of it.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we're expecting to lose Youri, it's vital we try and make Gallagher a condition of the deal. I'm sure he'd fancy the challenge and there's some real potential for us to put together a good young squad next summer with him, KDH and Madders being at the heart of it.

Try as we might, it involves CG wanting the move himself.

Off the back of a good loan spell at palace, he’s going to want at least a season at Chelsea to try and make an impact, I’d seriously doubt he’s interested in moving to Leicester (or any other linked club tbf), even with the WC this winter.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not sure Chelsea would include him without a buy back clause, and for that they can **** off

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

We might well have a list to go for, but do you not think those teams then have to sign a replacement, and face the same increased premium due to the knock of effect of the clock ticking.

...I would suspect if these players are available, then the selling clubs will already have players in place!!!

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure Chelsea would include him without a buy back clause, and for that they can **** off

We're giving away our prized asset, they can do one. Come back and pay £70 million for him in 2 seasons :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Getting another CM in would be near the bottom of my list. I would rather give Praet and Soumare a chance. Get a CB (or two) and RW in before.

If we sack Rodgers then we might see those 2 get given a chance, in which case I'd agree that it's not a pressing position. Although a midfield of KDH and Gallagher would be incredible to watch, relentless pressing and desire to get the ball forwards

Gallagher is the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, taupe said:

According to his instagram account, he has feet on the ground. 

I’m glad he’s not the snowman. :D

#walkingintheair

sorry bad dad joke. Blame he heat cooking my brain cells

Edited by fox_favourite

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we have a small budget to play with,  every pound helps in this scenario, taking a loss on players does not help us!!!

Paying off contracts serves no purpose as we are still going to show the payoff in our books as wages for the financial year. If we have to bring in replacement players we will still have to pay them, putting our wage bill ratio way over what it should be. We need to sell and not replace.

I read Wolves have had to offload Coady for wages balance, bordering criminal UEFA can implement this in this way. I still think we'd probably follow the same way but still

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

i’d be pitching them taking youri as well tbh.  75m + gallagher  for fofana and youri. 

Thank you very much, done. 

13 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I read Wolves have had to offload Coady for wages balance, bordering criminal UEFA can implement this in this way. I still think we'd probably follow the same way but still

It’s ridiculous that uefa haven’t brought this in with a three year lead in for starting to enable clubs to deal with it 

the reasons for it to be introduced pretty much straight away are pretty obvious looking at those who aren’t affected 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest itude
2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

To be fair Brendan has to try here. The truth would likely not help at this point. However Fofana will know, like we all do, playing regularly for Chelsea improves his prospects far more than playing for us. So I guess all Brendan will have done is made himself look like an idiot to Fofana. 

That shouldn't be too difficult !

10 hours ago, Dames said:

You're a lot more optimistic than I. There seems a real reluctance from the club this summer to make any financial commitments. Even if we got 85m a % would have to go to St Etienne and then would there be enough in the pot to get a replacement along with the wages they would want? Considering wages are a problem and we've already shifted 130k a week and not been able to get anyone in I'm not so sure. I really can see the club playing it safe and hoping to get through to next summer. 

Mings is not playing it safe, hence Vill dropping him.

2 hours ago, supernuk said:

This is dragging out far too long now. End of the day if fofana goes we would need time to get a replacement. It's far too late in the window for that so say no deal and re-evaluate in summer 23.

You're aware of when the window closes?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MPH said:

I hate to say it but if we sell Fofana…well… Samuel umtiti is available on a free…

Didn't realise Denayer was available on a free so worth a punt too if we don't have anything lined up.