Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

On 06/08/2022 at 07:20, st albans fox said:

The wording of rodgers comments is revealing 

he speaks about ‘our valuation’.  He says the club has no need to sell our greatest assets.  If that’s the case then why is there a valuation?? Surely you would say ‘Chelsea have made a bid but the player is not for sale in this window - who knows about the future depending on circumstances’.  
its obvious that we have a valuation and if Chelsea meet it then the player will be sold.  A week ago his comment was that ‘fofana is not for sale - end of’. 

I’m not convinced we’ll see him play tomorrow - based on the public presser I was because I felt rodgers had backed himself into a corner by not using the groin injury as a possible non selection get out. 

Yep the moment Top didnt shut it down means there is a price we will sell at, Chelsea just need to meet it.

28 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Yep the moment Top didnt shut it down means there is a price we will sell at, Chelsea just need to meet it.

It was reported in the Times that we would only look at an offer that eclipsed the maguire fee but other than that he isn't for sale and has been told that

59 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Didn't realise Denayer was available on a free so worth a punt too if we don't have anything lined up. 

I hate to say it but it’s the sort of thing we would do… maybe go for someone like collwill and then get a more experienced player in on a free..

Edited by MPH

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

From SwissRamble:

FMHDYIdWYAADOi_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FMHDYIdXEAEKmZl?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FMHDYIeXEAIqKoO?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FMHDYIeXoAUxr-t?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Simply put, our wages are too high compared to our turnover. The rules are complex and I don't quite understand it so hopefully someone else can help with them. From my understanding infrastructure isn't included in the rules so we can spend as much as we want of the owner's money on new training grounds and stadium expansions.

We're basically at the absolute limit of what we can spend on wages without regular European football; before we sign new players we have to reduce the wage bill by showing the door to certain players on high wages. That's why Kasper has gone, he was our second highest earner and him leaving takes c.£7m off the salary.

More importantly for the club is selling off players who aren't bringing any value to the club - these are rumoured wages so take these figures with a pinch of salt - Bertrand (78k - 4m), Soumare (83k - 4.3m), Vestergaard (75k - 3.9m), Hamza (61k - 3.1m), Perez (83k - 4.3m) - that right there is £19m a year that could be spent on other first team players wages that would improve the squad.

The problem is actually move them the **** on. Bertrand, Hamza and Perez all have one year left on their contract. Vestergaard 2 years and Soumare has 4. 

We've also found it difficult with player whose contracts are running down to either sign new contracts or attract bids. Youri being the most known one - nobody's come in for him and he's being ****ing stubborn. Cags, Mendy, Evans, Amartey and Vardy are all on contracts ending in 2023.

With Kasper gone it does make it a bit easier to renew some contracts, with Maddison, Vardy and Ndidi perhaps the most important to stave off interest.

So unfortunately I am now going to have to concede to @Finnegan that we are indeed in a bit of a bloody mess.

Great piece and links in with what I was told a few weeks back when I put it in the “recruitment policy” thread, transfers aren’t the issue. The wages are a complete mess, hence why selling Fofana truthfully will not solve the issue.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Who's on the biggest wages now? Vardy? Madders? Ndidi? 

Maddison hasn’t signed an extension and surely it’s all over the internet that Vardy is our highest paid player.

Edited by hackneyfox

4 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

We would be insane to turn our noses up at Pochettino if we had the chance to get him in.

About as insane as imagining he would come here really. 

But, if he would, then I would likely be quite happy. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure Chelsea would include him without a buy back clause, and for that they can **** off

There is actually a loophole to be taken advantage of in this scenario. Sign him up with the buy back clause, and then offer him a new, improved contract without the buy back clause. **** Chelsea. 

So the new ffp wage rule will affect players ability to earn more because when players are looking for a new contract and clubs can't afford to increase their wage, they may want to move on but nobody else will pay them a higher wage either unless they play for a bigger club, which won't happen for many players. They'll have to accept the same deal in some cases 

Isn't that unlawful? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

There is actually a loophole to be taken advantage of in this scenario. Sign him up with the buy back clause, and then offer him a new, improved contract without the buy back clause. **** Chelsea. 

It's nothing to do with the contract though. We can renew his contract 100 times, it won't affect an agreement between the two clubs.

The player has to accept of course. There's usually an expiry date 2/3 seasons down the line where the buy back clause expires. Although knowing Rudkin he probably wouldn't have an expiry date :D

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's nothing to do with the contract though. We can renew his contract 100 times, it won't affect an agreement between the two clubs.

The player has to accept of course. There's usually an expiry date 2/3 seasons down the line where the buy back clause expires. Although knowing Rudkin he probably wouldn't have an expiry date :D

No, a new contract of employment supersedes a previously agreed one by law. That is an absolute fact. 

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

No, a new contract of employment supersedes a previously agreed one by law. That is an absolute fact. 

But that clause wouldn't be written into his contract. It'd be written into the terms of the transfer deal.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thought I'd have a browse of the Shed End to see what they're saying and I was not disappointed.

2128033166_Screenshot2022-08-09at22_28_39.thumb.png.27ab7c67f6e72e90aadcc508b8217d45.png

Honestly makes no sense for us to sell this season with the position we are in.

Bank in next year and invest with the head of recruitment fully settled in.

• Like 1