Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

41 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

No, a new contract of employment supersedes a previously agreed one by law. That is an absolute fact. 

Not necessarily true, there can be numerous variables for the employer, and employee equally, as with any contract, it’s all in the specific terms, not always voided simply with a new proposal. 

In any case, it’s irrelevant.

A contract of sale (which this effectively is), and contract of employment, are separate contracts. Any ‘buy back’ option, would be negotiated in the contract of sale.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Great piece and links in with what I was told a few weeks back when I put it in the “recruitment policy” thread, transfers aren’t the issue. The wages are a complete mess, hence why selling Fofana truthfully will not solve the issue.

Wages, transfer fees and agent’s fees are all included in the new UEFA FFP regs, so money raised by sales or lost in amortised transfer fees when buying would be included in the limits AFAIU. Perhaps I’ve misunderstood your post.

Losing Fofana isn’t something I am

particularly looking forward to but it could well be the catalyst for us to help subsidise exits for 4 or 5 of the deadwood and release significant wage budget to allow 3 or 4 new players to come in and strengthen us in key areas that overall makes us more competitive. In addition the an element of the Fofana money could give the club some

leverage with Rodgers, meaning they could get rid if deemed the right move and this too would get £200k per week of the wage bill, albeit we need to replace him but you would like to think we could do that at half the cost. 

5 minutes ago, supernuk said:

September 1st isn't it? If that's the case doesn't give us much time to get top replacements in. 

You’d like to think we’d have something lined up. 

My more logical thinking is that we’re looking at a Vestergaard / Amartey / Soyuncu back three when Evans gets injured. 

On another note, I was told yesterday that his agent had advised the club he’d like to move, however he wasn’t pushing for it due to him having a good relationship with Rodgers. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Losing Fofana isn’t something I am

particularly looking forward to but it could well be the catalyst for us to help subsidise exits for 4 or 5 of the deadwood and release significant wage budget to allow 3 or 4 new players to come in and strengthen us in key areas that overall makes us more competitive. In addition the an element of the Fofana money could give the club some

leverage with Rodgers, meaning they could get rid if deemed the right move and this too would get £200k per week of the wage bill, albeit we need to replace him but you would like to think we could do that at half the cost. 

The trouble is with a pile of cash everyone puts 5-10m on player prices - especially this late in the window - and you need some bright deal makers to ensure we don’t have our pants pulled down. Not sure our guys have the skill set tbh.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not even a sniff of a replacement so I'd be suprised if we accepted any offer.

A number of reports have suggested that one of the reasons we’re digging our heels in is that we would need to have a replacement lined up, which we don’t. Unless we identify a high quality replacement soon, and are very confident we can agree a fee with his club and personal terms with him, we are not selling Fofana. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, ClaphamFox said:

A number of reports have suggested that one of the reasons we’re digging our heels in is that we would need a replacement lined up, which we don’t. Unless we identify a high quality replacement soon, and are very confident we can agree a fee with his club and personal terms with him, we are not selling Fofana. 

If they'd offered this 2 months ago I'd reckon we'd sell. Fact is its preferable for us to sell some of the bomb squad for nor much and get a winger in on the cheap than sell one of our best players.

36 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not even a sniff of a replacement so I'd be suprised if we accepted any offer.

We generally do stuff in the quiet 

I would think that our desire for CB’s this summer was predicated on needing a good one in twelve months time  in the event that wes (and others ) left. Like we did pre maguire going - cags and benko. 

but selling now for a record fee is pointless unless we had existing deals agreed - we’ll just be fleeced as happened when maguire left and we didn’t trust cags or benko so went looking for someone.  And this saga means we can’t now put any plan into place to buy a year ahead either unless the fofana sale angle is fairly quickly put to bed with a statement from the club and the player to the press. 

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Can imagine that he is tempted to think about a possible PSG move; a powerful club in his own country etc.

I bloody hope so. Selling him to PSG would be so much more bearable than Chelsea. There are just some clubs that are so easy to dislike and they’re one of them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hales said:

I don't care how much money is on the table, if we don't have a replacement we don't sell.  We can't rely on Cags or Dan 😳

Exactly this, Leicester and fofana need to look at it next summer not now. Only signed a new deal a few months ago. 

• Like 1

If PSG want to sign him worth trying to get them to chuck in Kehrer or Diallo to plug the CB hole Fofana would leave both West Ham are linked with and Sarabia who is able to leave but would sort our left footed Right Winger issue out. 

Edited by desertfox2
CB
  • Like 2