Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

About as insane as imagining he would come here really. 

But, if he would, then I would likely be quite happy. 

Why? What has he achieved?

Third in a two horse race and second in a one horse race.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

You’d like to think we’d have something lined up. 

My more logical thinking is that we’re looking at a Vestergaard / Amartey / Soyuncu back three when Evans gets injured. 

On another note, I was told yesterday that his agent had advised the club he’d like to move, however he wasn’t pushing for it due to him having a good relationship with Rodgers. 

Who told you this? Someone inside the club? 

Would suggest that for the future of the club we accept the highest offer we can possibly get as soon as possible for Fofana. Shame, but needs must. Then we persuade Maddison and Tielemans that it is in their best interests to stay at Leicester and assure them that we are going to give this season one heck of a go to qualify for at least the Europa League.

With the money from. Fofana sale we reinvest a large part on strengthening the two weak positions in our team.

As for the players we can't seem to move on, well there is still time before the end of the window Nd surely some will be of use to other teams.

3 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

Would suggest that for the future of the club we accept the highest offer we can possibly get as soon as possible for Fofana. Shame, but needs must. Then we persuade Maddison and Tielemans that it is in their best interests to stay at Leicester and assure them that we are going to give this season one heck of a go to qualify for at least the Europa League.

With the money from. Fofana sale we reinvest a large part on strengthening the two weak positions in our team.

As for the players we can't seem to move on, well there is still time before the end of the window Nd surely some will be of use to other teams.

We don't 'need' to sell him. That's why the club is resisting it so strongly.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, les-tah said:

PSG got any good winger/forwards and cbs that they don’t want? Better than Hudson Odoi and Colwill.

Well....

• Thilo Kehrer (CB) only has 1 year left- seems West Ham were interested earlier
  • Abdou Diallo (CB) has 2 years left and is left-footed
  • Pablo Sarabia (RW) is left-footed but is 30
  • Arnaud Kalimuendo (ST/SS) 20 years old, potential Kel replacement
  • Ismaël Gharbi Álvarez (LW/AM/RW) young and more of a prospect, not even first team yet
  • Edouard Michut (m/AM) another young lad, just promoted to first team it seems

Kehrer/Diallo + Sarabia might be fun  :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

If PSG want to sign him worth trying to get them to chuck in Kehrer or Diallo to plug the CB hole Fofana would leave both West Ham are linked with and Sarabia who is able to leave but would sort our left footed Right Winger issue out. 

Keylor Navas would be a decent addition too, always rated him as a keeper

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We don't 'need' to sell him. That's why the club is resisting it so strongly.

Probably correct but the situation seems to be that we can't buy anyone either. If we'd had cash for new players maybe we wouldn't have missed Barnes so much on Sunday. Also could have two new centre backs so that we don't have to play the old favourites!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

Probably correct but the situation seems to be that we can't buy anyone either. If we'd had cash for new players maybe we wouldn't have missed Barnes so much on Sunday. Also could have two new centre backs so that we don't have to play the old favourites!!!!!!

It's not a lack of cash! It's about the squad size and wage bill. The money for transfers would be there if we managed to shift 3-4 of the well-paid fringe players, but we're struggling to get rid of them.

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's not a lack of cash! It's about the squad size and wage bill. The money for transfers would be there if we managed to shift 3-4 of the well-paid fringe players, but we're struggling to get rid of them.

Absolutely but we've had 3 months now and not got even close to moving anyone on. Similar situation to when we had Slimani, Silva etc on long contracts.

My reasoning is that it is now probably time to turn to Plan B while we still have time to get replacements in key positions.

55 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why? What has he achieved?

Third in a two horse race and second in a one horse race.

Who told you this? Someone inside the club? 

Insanity runeth deep it seems. 

Are you seriously saying Poch is not a better option than Rodgers?  Not that we would get Poch in a millions years. 

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Insanity runeth deep it seems. 

Are you seriously saying Poch is not a better option than Rodgers?  Not that we would get Poch in a millions years. 

Not saying I disagree but what reasons do you have for Poch being better than Rodgers?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not saying I disagree but what reasons do you have for Poch being better than Rodgers?

Right, damn, ok, so, he’s NOT Rodgers. A bit like Dyche isn’t Rodgers. It’s likely enough for me. Oh and he has managed an elite club in PSG - badly, but, you know. And he helped us win the league. Show some damn respect. 🤣

55 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Asking price increasing as window gets closer to closing apparently

I hope it's £5m a day. So if Chelsea call and say, "Ok, ok, you win - we'll pay you the £90m you asked for yesterday", we can reply, "Sorry chaps - it's £95m now..."

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Right, damn, ok, so, he’s NOT Rodgers. A bit like Dyche isn’t Rodgers. It’s likely enough for me. Oh and he has managed an elite club in PSG - badly, but, you know. And he helped us win the league. Show some damn respect. 🤣

Feel like we headed off in different directions but have ended up side by side, confused  :blink:

• Haha 1