Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

If they wanted verbal talks they'd have done that by then.  This lad knows **** all.

9 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Wages, transfer fees and agent’s fees are all included in the new UEFA FFP regs, so money raised by sales or lost in amortised transfer fees when buying would be included in the limits AFAIU. Perhaps I’ve misunderstood your post.

The wages aren’t sustainable for the amount of revenue we are currently bringing in.

25 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I can help Boehly out here, for free. 

Oi, numb nuts, world record fee which is actually closer to £100 million or Fuchs right off you ****. Hope this helps. 

All cash upfront no installments and we want a buyback clause and sell on clause included.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If they wanted verbal talks they'd have done that by then.  This lad knows **** all.

we are rejecting bids  instantly so are not entertaining verbal talks..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

this is becoming ridiculous stinks of the drinkwater transfer, i really wouldnt accept anything under 100m hes only 21 hes rated as the next best french international CB we should be saying 110m now upfront or go away because the end of this season the price is going to be alot more! i cant understand why we entertain these low ball transfer fees 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

this is becoming ridiculous stinks of the drinkwater transfer, i really wouldnt accept anything under 100m hes only 21 hes rated as the next best french international CB we should be saying 110m now upfront or go away because the end of this season the price is going to be alot more! i cant understand why we entertain these low ball transfer fees 

We’re not that’s why they’ve been rejected straight away

30 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We keep hearing this, but are they now 'under control' following the release of Kasper, Jakupovic, Daley-Campbel, Lookman ?

No

It’s too complex to work out in detail but basically we are overspent £30m for the calendar year 2023. A lot of players will leave next summer so likely we have to save about fifteen mill.  The ones you listed are not going to be more than half of that. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

His value is only going to go up lol

....they want him now, they will keep pushing until they get us to relent!!!

If they find someone else, next season there may not be a big club in a situation where they are desperate to fill the role. All this to an extent is playing into our own hands, they need him and we set the price.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 minute ago, lanefox said:

We’re not that’s why they’ve been rejected straight away

we are because they have been twice and coming a 3rd time which from reports will be rejected so on the first bid should of been made clear what the situation is hes not for sale unless over a 100m bid comes in bye bye.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

No

It’s too complex to work out in detail but basically we are overspent £30m for the calendar year 2023. A lot of players will leave next summer so likely we have to save about fifteen mill.  The ones you listed are not going to be more than half of that. 

So (I appreciate it's all crude maths etc) if we were to also get, for example, Vestergaard, Choudhury, Soumare off the wage bill, would we be able to bring in one more body, and pay their wages?

2 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

we are because they have been twice and coming a 3rd time which from reports will be rejected so on the first bid should of been made clear what the situation is hes not for sale unless over a 100m bid comes in bye bye.

Doesn't mean we're entertaining them does it? It's Chelsea trying to cause a stir with the player and getting the media in to a frenzy in the hope we'll cave for less than we actually want.

13 hours ago, 4everfox said:

No, a new contract of employment supersedes a previously agreed one by law. That is an absolute fact. 

.. surely  you would have a contract with the player and also a contract with the club that you have just brought him from!!!

The contract between clubs will be in force regarding the agreed length of time stipulated. The contract with the player would be a different issue which would not involve his previous club.

If it was possible to do away with "sell on clauses" by drafting up a new contract, the next day after the player was acquired, what would be the point of inserting the "sell on clause".

Said it before and said it again, unless they bid north of £85 million it’s not even going to be discussed. We will only sell this summer for silly money, all this bollocks about negotiation etc we don’t want to sell, Chelsea know the score, pay up or **** off. 

Surely Fofana’s agent has been aware of the Chelsea interest for a while. They’d have known before the contract extension I’d imagine. 

If he fancied the move, why did he sign it? 

To get bigger wages at Chelsea? To get a huge signing on bonus? (Usually around 10%). 

They’ve either played this really well, or really poorly… and I can’t work out which. 

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So (I appreciate it's all crude maths etc) if we were to also get, for example, Vestergaard, Choudhury, Soumare off the wage bill, would we be able to bring in one more body, and pay their wages?

It’s not quite this desperate 

they club can do some fiddling around with numbers 

Getting vestergaard and hamza out would, I believe, mean we could bring a couple in this summer 

need to get some of the younger ones out on loan too so we have no one outside the 25 except long term injured players 

• Thanks 1